What's new

UMK3's Kara and Glitch Jab's

There's no such thing as competitive anything online. If you want to stick your chest out show up to winter brawl or any other offline tournament like billybats, dciguy, or btbb99. until then, stfu. Besides, this thread is for umk3 you dumbass troll.

Don't you realize you are the biggest joke in this community? Keep bad mouthing me to admins behind my back you fucking idiot.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Any admin(s) who shared information with you about me, or any conversation associated with me should not have done so. Private conversations should remain as such. But thank you for informing me of the situation. I don't talk to you publicly on tym, which after this, will continue, and I would appreciate the same from you. This is the umk3 thread, and yet you saw fit to go off topic just to insult me. If you wanted to address me like an adult, or had a problem with anything I've said then you could have used the private message feature.

I apologize if I have offended you, and now I will go on with my business. In the future, please do not respond to me unless it pertains to the topic at hand as I will do the same with respect to you. I will not argue over a 20 year old video game. I have better things to do.

Take Care.
In the defense of said Admin (idk who you guys are talking about), I would say that if a person files a complaint then they have to address you, and names come up to identify the situation and try to resolve the problem so that's gonna happen w/ stuff like that. As far as Admins go, I don't think ours are so much concerned with who is wrong, but more to sort out the issues, otherwise ALOT more bans would be seen.

Idk what you guys have against each other, but my suggestion is handle it in PM and say whatever you got to say to each other, cuz things get mixed up and words can be mistaken when it goes from one person to the next. I'm unsided, I think you're both good dudes, that's just the best way to handle it like men. I only believe in getting a 3 rd party involved if you have tried everything in your power to resolve it and there is no other choice.

Eternal

Noob
Read wat I posted here and watch the video. I feel like no one did http://testyourmight.com/threads/umk3-fixes.16438/page-2

You guys need 2 realize glitch jabbers who play at high levels dont spam it. Theres more depth in the mix-ups. read the link I posted above
I like this post ^

GJ haters watch the video ND posted and read his notes... Watch the part at 10:08, see how Miss Spin stops the jabs by doing a combo..

I look forward to the video No Doubt and Juggs make about defend against gjs..

Also I think UMK3 is always changing, first most of us played the "right way" then Glitch jabs came popular and shakes things up but in a few years maybe more people will learn how to defend against them and more people will stop GJing as much because they no longer work as well .. I know some of you are like "but I dont want to play against GJers cuz its no fun", well if its to hard to break the GJ rush down with a combo like shown at 10:08 in ND's video and doing a few other things, then I dont know what to tell you... Obviously there isnt a defeat GJ easy button and thats imo what makes the game deep...

The bottom line is that glitch/kara jabbing is a winning strategy. I don't care what anyone says, but a glitch jabber will always have an advantage over a non glitch jabber. High level play will always involve the use of this strategy.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Seems like you missed the "Also I think UMK3 is always changing, first most of us played the "right way" then Glitch jabs came popular and shakes things up but in a few years maybe more people will learn how to defend against them and more people will stop GJing as much because they no longer work as well ." part.

I believe this as well.

Seems like you missed the "Also I think UMK3 is always changing, first most of us played the "right way" then Glitch jabs came popular and shakes things up but in a few years maybe more people will learn how to defend against them and more people will stop GJing as much because they no longer work as well ." part.

I believe this as well.
You can believe that all you want, but the truth is that some form of glitch jabbing will always exist in high level play.

MKK hanzo

The bottom line is that glitch/kara jabbing is a winning strategy. I don't care what anyone says, but a glitch jabber will always have an advantage over a non glitch jabber. High level play will always involve the use of this strategy.
Cant both players then gjab? This is not one sided priority mk9 like ;)

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Cant both players then gjab? This is not one sided priority mk9 like ;)

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

I would use them, but for some reason I can't do them. I wanna play the game at the highest level eventually, but I guess my coordination won't allow it. Everyone makes it sound so easy, but I have alot of trouble with it.

Eternal

Noob
Yeah it does take some practice.... You know you got them down when the other guy will try to sweep you over and over but you will be un sweepable and you keep gjing but the both of you are in this loop, this happens a lot with the cpu AI as well.... It makes me laugh when that happen because it just looks funny

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I would use them, but for some reason I can't do them. I wanna play the game at the highest level eventually, but I guess my coordination won't allow it. Everyone makes it sound so easy, but I have alot of trouble with it.
If there's delay, they are pretty difficult to do. Other than that, they take practice. This idea that they're this easy, brain-dead, one button auto-win move is nothing more than propaganda. Not only do they take skill to perform, they take skill to incorporate into your gameplay. And they take awhile to master, just like anything else. If they were easy, you'd see them used more often and the people who did use them would be actually decent at them. I've seen many people just punch the air while blocking, that doesn't do shit. It takes practice and experience to be adept with Kara and GJ's, despite what others may lead you to believe.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Yeah it does take some practice.... You know you got them down when the other guy will try to sweep you over and over but you will be un sweepable and you keep gjing but the both of you are in this loop, this happens a lot with the cpu AI as well.... It makes me laugh when that happen because it just looks funny
I had that happen the other day and I was using Kano so it was ridiculously stupid to not only play but if you were watching you'd be like "I'm gonna see what's on the other channels".

If there's delay, they are pretty difficult to do. Other than that, they take practice. This idea that they're this easy, brain-dead, one button auto-win move is nothing more than propaganda. Not only do they take skill to perform, they take skill to incorporate into your gameplay. And they take awhile to master, just like anything else. If they were easy, you'd see them used more often and the people who did use them would be actually decent at them. I've seen many people just punch the air while blocking, that doesn't do shit. It takes practice and experience to be adept with Kara and GJ's, despite what others may lead you to believe.
It' IS actually very brain-dead easy to do on stick, but the concept of other people using BYOC is differeent.....playing the way many of us normally play it is a challenge and it seems not even worth learning when we could be doing something more useful ....I can GJ/KJ on stick as I said, effortlessly, but not much else cuz I dont play on stick, so that's another reason i think it's a bullshit advantage....not everyone has the OPPORTUNITY to do it as easy and some players have to train 2x as hard and work 2x as hard to do it, such as on pad. GJ on stick is fucking easy-mode stupid shit all DAY though. Don't talk about it like it's an ancient secret of the Rogue's Guild. Can you pat your head and rub your belly at the same time?

In addition to that , despite the fact that I can consistently hang w/ players like AC1984, NoDoubt, Miss SPin, etc and defeat that particular tactic playing "clean", I still think it's a lame ass weak tactic used by players who get scared when they are about to lose to legit strategy and want to go easy-mode for a quick comeback. Call me a scrub all you want, but this "scrub" can hang with the best of them and STILL win with pure skill and combos derived from months and months of training monotony. See it how you want want, but I'm, always gonna be better cuz I don't need that shit to win.

Also, I'd just like to add, I swear kara-jabbing is so easy I saw the CPU doing it FOR me the other night when I was playing, unless i just have it so fucking deep into muscle memory it happens UNINTENTIONALLY nowadays. I mean it was literally doing it FOR ME. Skill my ass, Dude. I think some of you guys just want props and respect that haven't been earned yet. No offense, friends....I appreciate the players and the game and you can GJ/KJ all u want, but I'm still gonna bend you over no matter how you put it. The truly skilled players will eventually prevail.

I've seen many people just punch the air while blocking, that doesn't do shit. It takes practice and experience to be adept with Kara and GJ's, despite what others may lead you to believe.
This is exactly what I see with every person who uses them at around my level. They all stand still punching the air and it is damn boring. I don't mind gj'ing if the person does it well, like incorporating it into run jabs and occasional short air punches, but I have yet to see that kind of gj'ing in one of my fights.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It' IS actually very brain-dead easy to do on stick, but the concept of other people using BYOC is differeent.....playing the way many of us normally play it is a challenge and it seems not even worth learning when we could be doing something more useful ....I can GJ/KJ on stick as I said, effortlessly, but not much else cuz I dont play on stick, so that's another reason i think it's a bullshit advantage....not everyone has the OPPORTUNITY to do it as easy and some players have to train 2x as hard and work 2x as hard to do it, such as on pad. GJ on stick is fucking easy-mode stupid shit all DAY though. Don't talk about it like it's an ancient secret of the Rogue's Guild. Can you pat your head and rub your belly at the same time?
You can say that with anything within a game. You're basically complaining because other people can learn something better or faster than you can. Everyone does have the opportunity to learn them. They may not be as capable, but that's nobodies fault but their own. You don't need a stick to do anything in UMK3, except maybe be better with Kano. Sure some players have to train twice as hard to learn the GJ's, as I said though, same can be said for anything within the game. It's not twice as hard on a pad, that's subjective. It's relatively easy to do on a pad for me, and impossible for me to do it on a stick.

In addition to that , despite the fact that I can consistently hang w/ players like AC1984, NoDoubt, Miss SPin, etc and defeat that particular tactic playing "clean", I still think it's a lame ass weak tactic used by players who get scared when they are about to lose to legit strategy and want to go easy-mode for a quick comeback. Call me a scrub all you want, but this "scrub" can hang with the best of them and STILL win with pure skill and combos derived from months and months of training monotony. See it how you want want, but I'm, always gonna be better cuz I don't need that shit to win.
It's pretty funny how you choose your words. Saying you can hang with the top players using GJ's by playing "clean", saying it's easy-mode, saying you have pure skill based on combos, saying you're better because you don't need the GJ's to win. You do realize nearly all of those things are soley based on your personal opinion, right? The only thing that isn't is that you can "hang" with the top players using GJ's, which, I can't confirm or deny that. But I do know Arion beat you like 80-3 offline not too long ago, maybe you took those 3 wins to heart.

Also, I'd just like to add, I swear kara-jabbing is so easy I saw the CPU doing it FOR me the other night when I was playing, unless i just have it so fucking deep into muscle memory it happens UNINTENTIONALLY nowadays. I mean it was literally doing it FOR ME. Skill my ass, Dude. I think some of you guys just want props and respect that haven't been earned yet. No offense, friends....I appreciate the players and the game and you can GJ/KJ all u want, but I'm still gonna bend you over no matter how you put it. The truly skilled players will eventually prevail.
Well, I'll be waiting for these "truly skilled players", and will even be more anxious to see them "prevail". Until that magical day, we'll keep dominating the competition until the pure skill advocates realize that in order to improve, they need to use and defend against one of the best tactics in the game.