What's new

UMK3's Kara and Glitch Jab's

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
If I remember it right, CD did a flawless victory to Marvirrasta on that tourney. So I guess GJs aren't unbeatable, huh? CD was out of the game by that time (well I guess he's still out of it) and yet he managed to get 2nd place, without using GJs

That tells me more about the level of the rest of the players, than about the so called uber brokeness/invincibility of GJs

what do you guys think?

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
If I remember it right, CD did a flawless victory to Marvirrasta on that tourney. So I guess GJs aren't unbeatable, huh? CD was out of the game by that time (well I guess he's still out of it) and yet he managed to get 2nd place, without using GJs

That tells me more about the level of the rest of the players, than about the so called uber brokeness/invincibility of GJs

what do you guys think?
But no one else at that tournament used GJ besides Marv...this was back before people were really using them and CD apparently had no clue how to deal w/them, much like REO vs IGB the 1st time, ...all the other 27 players at that tourney played ol'skool-style.

CD hadent played in nearly 2 years : P If that were me, I prob wouldnt have even made top 15 lol
I dont think it mattered, CD also made quick work of REOs Kabal with Nightwolf in the same tournament.

But no one else at that tournament used GJ besides Marv...this was back before people were really using them and CD apparently had no clue how to deal w/them, much like REO vs IGB the 1st time, ...all the other 27 players at that tourney played ol'skool-style.
Some players used them, they just werent abused. In CDs time hes dealt and destroyed plenty of GJs on/offline. Exception this time is that it was MARV GJn who reached/surpassed his skill level.

When Bass won SJ it wasnt because of the GJn, His style of play was out of the norm. He would land back to back spin, jk back AFB spin,full screen naked spin and then run up jabbin. He was cross jumpin all over the place that were auto uppercut punishable. Whether it was midscreen or backing players into the corner he auto started with HP and land it even at times when the first 2 hits were being blocked. Because of this he forced many mistakes and changed game play. In some situations when caught he wasnt punished to the fullest. Imagine if IAFB and High Damage combo/punishers where in his game at the time...good lord. Like Dark Rob said, Shock may have been the only person who had the style to counter him. It just wasnt in the cards for that tourny.

NinjaGrinder

I agree 100% with fugee

it wasn't GJs that dominated that tournament (NEC? well, the one with CD vs Marv on the finals). It was skill and execution, wether people want to admit it or not. And as I said, CD was out of the game for a long time and yet he reached 2nd place and got a flawless on Marv.. he's clearly a great player, imagine what would have happened if he would had still playing umk3 the hardcore way.

And for that SJ tournament, I agree as well. People were falling on stuff that was unbelievably random, only Shock indeed seemed to know how to deal with that.

GJs aren't as unbeatable as some people believe

Only a glitch jabber would say that glitch jabs aren't a winning/dominant tactic. Whatever makes you feel better I guess.
Moe30w is undoubtedly one of most skilled UMK3 players ever to grace the game and he is not a GJ.
At SBR there were a lot of GJs there although didnt abuse them that were destroyed all weekend long by Moe. In the GF he controlled A lot of the matches vs a GJn Kabal.

Im also not a GJ and have beaten many people who use/abuse them. Its the hardest and most frustrating matches you will ever have. Especially when its against Kabal.

The real problem is when you face someone who is above your skill level that doesnt even need to GJ and is sick with the entire cast.

Ive seen players who have an MK2 style and play chess vs an overly aggressive GJ player multiple games and without any jabs and a few jab break toe taps and blocked specials just body the shit out them with 2 combos.

Ultimately it comes down to knowing your opponent and breaking their patters/rushdowns. Mindgames are huge and full punishers and basic execution is a must.

NinjaGrinder

Only a frustrated player would say that GJs break the game and no one can't beat them (even if they're good). Sure its broken, it has been said countless times, but it does not break the game, people can still win if they're smart enough. Skill is also needed FYI

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Some players used them, they just werent abused.
Me vs Marv at that tournament

It wasn't GJ's that defeated me. I made way too many mistakes and Marv punished me for it. I used the KJ/GJs but not to the extent that Marv did.

Punching and blocking at the same time? Sounds normal to me. :)
Watching someone spam GJ's for a bit in the hope I get hit? They must be a high level player to be able to do that!
I don't enjoy playing against glitch jabbers. I don't care what the best players think about GJ's, they are not me and I am not them.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Punching and blocking at the same time? Sounds normal to me. :)
Watching someone spam GJ's for a bit in the hope I get hit? They must be a high level player to be able to do that!
I don't enjoy playing against glitch jabbers. I don't care what the best players think about GJ's, they are not me and I am not them.
See this is what I don't understand. The players who just spam GJ's just waiting for you to do something are so easy to beat. People don't like playing against them because they don't know how to beat them. Plain and simple.

Arion and myself will be hopefully making a video soon to help teach people how to defend and beat the GJ's.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
You almost took Marv out nice job.
Thanks, yes it was close. I just cracked and started making too many mistakes. If I stopped doing unsafe teleports, and blocked more random spins, I would have won. It was my first UMK3 tournament so I guess nerves got to me.

fugee don When I say glitch jabs, I'm also referring to kara jabs. I'm sure Moe30w was using one or the other. I believe that high level play can exist without them, but the non glitch/kara jabber will always be at a disadvantage.

NinjaGrinder I'm glad that you can admit that it's a broken tactic. Good for you.

See this is what I don't understand. The players who just spam GJ's just waiting for you to do something are so easy to beat. People don't like playing against them because they don't know how to beat them. Plain and simple.
How do you know what every player who doesn't know how to beat them likes or doesn't like? I couldn't care if it was easy or difficult to beat, or if I knew how or didn't know how. I just don't enjoy playing against it, am I not allowed to feel that way?

Arion and myself will be hopefully making a video soon to help teach people how to defend and beat the GJ's.
This is easy for you to say. You've been playing the game for 6+ years online. Regarding your video, I don't think you can say that glitch/kara jabs had nothing to do with you losing. I would bet alot of money that if Marv hadn't been kara jabbing at all, you would've won fairly easily.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
That was good shit Tyler, i never got to see that match. i guess i should have came back to NECX that Sunday too, cuz I missed a lot of good shit by not making it Day 2

This is easy for you to say. You've been playing the game for 6+ years online. Regarding your video, I don't think you can say that glitch/kara jabs had nothing to do with you losing. I would bet alot of money that if Marv hadn't been kara jabbing at all, you would've won fairly easily.
And I agree very much w/ this post....Tyler definitely looked on-point and he was playing a much better "game" than Marv from what I could see. Shit just happens.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
How do you know what every player who doesn't know how to beat them likes or doesn't like? I couldn't care if it was easy or difficult to beat, or if I knew how or didn't know how. I just don't enjoy playing against it, am I not allowed to feel that way?
If it was easy to beat, it wouldn't even be an issue. So yeah, it's pretty obvious that the people who don't like playing against it feel that way because it's not easy to beat. The exact reason you even label it broken alludes to the fact that it's a tactic that is OP. You can tell yourself all you want that it doesn't matter, but again, if it was easy to beat it wouldn't be such a big deal.

They had nothing to do with me losing. I lost because of my mistakes. You can clearly see I abuse teleports when they're unsafe, and he gets like a million random spins on me that wins him the matches.

What I don't understand is why you insist on telling me what I am thinking/feeling? I have told you exactly what I am thinking and you keep telling me that is not what I am thinking?! Please, stop presuming you know exactly what I am thinking, because you don't. What is the point of having a discussion when you think you know everything and won't listen to other opinions/views?

They had nothing to do with me losing. I lost because of my mistakes. You can clearly see I abuse teleports when they're unsafe, and he gets like a million random spins on me that wins him the matches.
I realize that you made some mistakes, but my point was that his kara jabs forced you into those mistakes bc you couldn't mount as much of a jab pressure game as you would've liked.

You mentioned that you and Arion were gonna make a video on how to beat glitch jabbers. I'm assuming you're talking about GJ's while standing in place. Running kara jabs are more of an issue as far as I'm concerned. Show me a video of you consistently beating another high level player when he's using a combination of running kara jabs/glitch jabs and you're not using either one, then I'll concede.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
What I don't understand is why you insist on telling me what I am thinking/feeling? I have told you exactly what I am thinking and you keep telling me that is not what I am thinking?! Please, stop presuming you know exactly what I am thinking, because you don't. What is the point of having a discussion when you think you know everything and won't listen to other opinions/views?
I do know what you're thinking, better than you know what you're thinking. I am a psychic by profession. I even knew you were going to post this. And I know what your next post will be.

Don't hate.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
You mentioned that you and Arion were gonna make a video on how to beat glitch jabbers. I'm assuming you're talking about GJ's while standing in place. Running kara jabs are more of an issue as far as I'm concerned. Show me a video of you consistently beating another high level player when he's using a combination of running kara jabs/glitch jabs and you're not using either one, then I'll concede.
Yeah, all of the Kara/Glitch jabs.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I do know what you're thinking, better than you know what you're thinking. I am a psychic by profession. I even knew you were going to post this. And I know what your next post will be.

Don't hate.

LMFAO!!!! You're such an ASS-HOLE hahahahaha I got a good LOL from that one

He's just fucking w/ you, man....Pay no attention to that man-behind-the-curtain :)