What's new

UMK3's Kara and Glitch Jab's

I can't wait to see this video that Juggs and Arion are going to make. I seriously don't believe that a glitch/kara jabber of your guy's level can be beat by the other when he's not using them at all. The glitch jabber will end up being able to rushdown much more frequently, while the non glitch jabber will be stuck in the block animation too much. I'm assuming this was one of the major reasons they were introduced and perfected to begin with. I'm not knowledgeable about this game at all, but this is one example I can think of. In this example Juggz is the glitch jabber and Arion isn't using glitch or kara jabs. Let's say Juggz picks Kabal and Arion picks H. Smoke. Arion will constantly be worried about the dash, so he'll have to gradually move foward while blocking. Arion will rarely be able to rush Juggs down for 2 reasons. First of all, the threat of the dash will keep Arion overly defensive. Secondly, Jugg's glitch jabs will prevent Arion from just rushing in and starting his own jab pressure, while Juggz will have much more freedom to do this. How would Arion be able to apply pressure with normal run jabs anyway? Kabal could just dash through in the middle of it. I just don't see how the non glitch jabber could ever win the majority in a set. I would like to be proven wrong tho.

NoDoubt

nasty
Read wat I posted here and watch the video. I feel like no one did http://testyourmight.com/threads/umk3-fixes.16438/page-2

your right, non-glitcher vs high level glitch jabber...the glitcher has much more priority especially if hes using kabal. If thats a reason though to justify glitch jabbing as being broken I dont buy it cuz its all about using everything in the game given 2 us to win matches.

Like big combos are given to us. We even made our own combos...shit the producers couldnt think of when they designed it. So if player A (uses traditional combos only cuz he dont kno big ones or cuz hes stubbern) VS Player B (uses all possibly combos...even infinites), player B has more chances of winning cuz hes using a character at its full potential...or using the game as its full potential.

its not impossible 2 win without glitches vs a high level glitcher...Moe, Lex, Shock, ect. can do it. Its just usually uphill sometimes or depending on the character situations. You guys need 2 realize glitch jabbers who play at high levels dont spam it. Theres more depth in the mix-ups. read the link I posted above

MIKECALDWELL, post: 368734, member: 7454"]I can't wait to see th[quote="is video that Juggs and Arion are going to make. I seriously don't believe that a glitch/kara jabber of your guy's level can be beat by the other when he's not using them at all. The glitch jabber will end up being able to rushdown much more frequently, while the non glitch jabber will be stuck in the block animation too much. I'm assuming this was one of the major reasons they were introduced and perfected to begin with. I'm not knowledgeable about this game at all, but this is one example I can think of. In this example Juggz is the glitch jabber and Arion isn't using glitch or kara jabs. Let's say Juggz picks Kabal and Arion picks H. Smoke. Arion will constantly be worried about the dash, so he'll have to gradually move foward while blocking. Arion will rarely be able to rush Juggs down for 2 reasons. First of all, the threat of the dash will keep Arion overly defensive. Secondly, Jugg's glitch jabs will prevent Arion from just rushing in and starting his own jab pressure, while Juggz will have much more freedom to do this. I just don't see how the non glitch jabber would pull out the majority of matches in a set. I would like to be proven wrong tho.
You're right given their current levels if Arion doesnt G/KJ at all its game time however......

Arion is a smart enough player to win a few off of Juggs without G/KJ but he will have to adjust if he wants to win in the long set. He doesn't have to GJ but aggressive KJ is necessary to show Juggs hes not gonna sit there and let him control all the matches. Along with a few jab interruptions,combo breaks and damage given from blocked sweeps/projectiles/throws if he blocks 2 spins the match is over, possibly even 1. At the same time Juggs will be adjusting his game too. So it really does come down to the smarter player that is constantly adjusting while executing and maximizing damage.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I just wish Arion and myself had a decent connection so we could play some matches and record them. I've had a terrible connection with nearly everyone lately, and I'm not sure why.

NoDoubt I made that last post bc Juggz said that a high level non glitcher could beat a high level glitcher. I just don't believe it, but I'll be the first to concede if proven wrong.

fugee don I agree. I think kara jabs would be an absolute must for Arion to pull out some wins. That's making my point tho. In my example, Arion would not be allowed to use either glitch or kara jabs.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
NoDoubt I made that last post bc Juggz said that a high level non glitcher could beat a high level glitcher. I just don't believe it, but I'll be the first to concede if proven wrong.
I actually don't think I ever said that.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Let's assume you didn't say that and I'm mistaken. Are you saying that it can't be done? Are you saying that some form of glitch/kara would be necessary to combat a high level glitcher?
Saying I never said that, doesn't mean I'm saying it can't be done. Saying I never said that, isn't saying anything, except that I didn't say it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Ok, so I guess you're saying it can be done. Now we are back to post #94.
Again, I'm not saying anything. Because of this, "...so I guess you're saying...", NO! STOP! I'm not saying anything... so how can I be saying something?

Again, I'm not saying anything. Because of this, "...so I guess you're saying...", NO! STOP! I'm not saying anything... so how can I be saying something?
Ok, so just dodge my questions then. Thanks for the help.

I asked the questions about whether or not a non glitcher could beat a glitcher bc I can't glitch jab and will never be able to. My hand won't allow it. I use my right thumb for jabs, right forefinger for block, and left forefinger for run. Everytime I try to hit block while jabbing, my thumb automatically stops jabbing. It's like I can't tell my right thumb and forefinger to do 2 separate things. I just wanna know if I'll ever be able to compete without this tactic. If I can't, then there's not much of a reason to continue.

NoDoubt

nasty
high level glitch jabber beats a non-glitcher, but doesnt mean its impossible 4 traditional player to win its just uphill battle lot of the time.

like Kabal beats Sheeva, but its possible 4 her to win. If she wants 2 win consistently tho, the sheeva player needs to be above the kabal player

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
I really wanna know, had the developers ever spoken about GJs? I thought I read on another page of this thread that they said it was an accident, etc. Have ed boon or anyone from the mk3 dev. team spoken about GJs?

MKK hanzo

I really wanna know, had the developers ever spoken about GJs? I thought I read on another page of this thread that they said it was an accident, etc. Have ed boon or anyone from the mk3 dev. team spoken about GJs?
It was an accident that lasted 7 games with various revisions each and not counting home versions wich also had them present (gj)

MkI
MkII
Mk3
Umk3
Mkt
Mk4
Mkg

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

MKK hanzo

Mmm Gamemk no offense but, if the game bothers you so much... Why do you even play it in first place?

From the "playable competitively" mk's, mk3 is the more flawed. Even in comparison to mkI or II, wich I love both but I know their flaws, but I deal with them.

There is almost NO WAY against subby clone. It freeze you even blocking. Jax missile spam is ridiculous. Kabal will always be Kabal. Sindel Scream was broken beyond imagination. The only char I could agree that I disliked the nerf was poor old Liu Kang.

Jump starters give you more mobility and opens way more options for combos.

And crossups in this game are waaay more countereable than say MK9 wich is a crossup/jump fest.

Again IDK why do you bring that of the ninja teleporters. They can be scouted and punished with the MOST damaging combos in the game. Its a fair trade.

They have cooldown time, damage protection and hit limits. How are they broken? Even on MKT n64 wich has next to zero cooldown time between teleports its bearable.

It seems to me like you want a sf game with mk chars.

Some of the flaws of previous games went away, believe it or not, with mk4. Bigger pushback on jabs, no corner jab game, 2 throws, suuuuper easy punishable crossups, maximum damage limiter, special canceling off normals etc.

Try it. But not against cpu, vs mode.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
My question was, has Ed Boon or someone from the MK3 dev. team ever spoken about the issue? We know (or assume) it was an accident, but are there any interwiews or statements from them somewhere?

MKK hanzo

I think if it were an accident it would affect the kicks too (and run for that matter). It was probably originally an 'accident' (just not programmed in yet) and they removed blocking from kicks kept it in over the months/years (MK1) because the game is so rigid. After making 5 official revisions of MK1 why change something so basic, that has been tested for years, when you make MK2? When instead you can focus on implementing the boatload of new content.

Play that for a couple years, then make MK3. Are you going to worry about something that seems so basic like being able to block while you use the normal in the game that has the least damage or the infinites and super broken specials? The way players play the game has drastically changed from that time period until now. I doubt you could beta test MK3 and find out how much blockjabs ruin the game if it took years for high level players to. People didn't run anywhere near as much in beta MK3 as they do now and run is the main reason it is dominant.

It would be interesting to see what happened if you tied the ability to blockjab to the run meter.
Suposedly chicago players "knew" about gj in that time (as lex himself has stated various times) and still mk4 has them present... BUT... With some tweaks that imo were positive and negative at the same time.

I was wrong about the teleporting. Completely wrong. If glitch jabs were nerfed, and kabal, and kung lao, and height restriction on kitana's fans this would be the best mortal kombat game ever. I wouldn't remove them, but they need to be nerfed. I feel dumb. hahah.
Some people just can't handle competitive MK2.