What's new

UMK3's Kara and Glitch Jab's

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
It doesn't need a soft-ban. Why would it? It only dominates when you refuse to learn how to defeat them. So many people say that GJ's should be banned in some way. Why is it that the only people saying this, are the people who either don't use them, or can't beat them (or have a hard time beating them)? It's quite obvious the situation. Players who have studied, experienced, used, defended, and abused the GJ's, all say it's not that bad and it only dominates if you let it. Why would all of these great players be lying? The close-mindedness when it comes to GJ's really is frustrating. Especially when you have top players specifically stating that they aren't as bad as they seem on the surface.

No, the 2 types of players are the type who play to win, and the type who play for fun. Either type is entitled to how they want to play the game, and neither type is wrong. The problem is when the play to win fight the play for fun types. Play for fun type have an honor code, and arbitrary rules, while play to win type only follow rules that apply at a tournament, and uses everything that's within the game to their advantage. So there's a clear divide when these two types of players actually play each other. The play for fun type has fun put before winning. The play to win type has winning before everything.

I for one will always play to win. Using everything that's tournament legal to your advantage will improve your game more than you can imagine. Not being restricted by arbitrary honor codes and rules will release your true talent, and set you free. I used to not have the playing to win mentality, and I was a complete scrub with no real understanding of how to win at all costs. Fun and honor are nice words, but they don't help you improve or level up the way that playing to win does. I have first hand experience and knowledge of this fact.

I am done arguing. All I ask is that for the people who complain about GJ's or KJ's, is to level up, truly dedicate some time into using and defeating them. Then, when you're adept at these two things, I promise you'll have a completely different outlook on them. I felt the same about them as you all did. But once I actually took the time to conquer this tactic, the blind fold was ripped away, and I could finally see the light.

God damnit, you stubborn Ox. Don't you realize they are killing the game itself? You and I and Joe Mamma can deal with it and beat it, but no one else is gonna waste time on this game, albeit learning, improving, caring enough to improve none-the-less, or w/e. Haven't you seen how many people stopped playing because of this bullshit tactic already? Good fucking players who used to love it. Regardless if you're good enough or not, some people just don't think they should HAVE to deal with it.

Also, there is a 3rd type of player you left out. I said the type then you said "no, it's different, only playtowin"...that 3rd type of player DOES exist whether you accept it or not. My type.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Is their loss if they drop the game because they can't/won't deal with glitch jabs... the game's not gonna see any new talent anyway, we all know who the best used to be/are.

so why bother? have fun playing the game or don't play it, your loss (to anyone)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
God damnit, you stubborn Ox. Don't you realize they are killing the game itself? You and I and Joe Mamma can deal with it and beat it, but no one else is gonna waste time on this game, albeit learning, improving, caring enough to improve none-the-less, or w/e. Haven't you seen how many people stopped playing because of this bullshit tactic already? Good fucking players who used to love it. Regardless if you're good enough or not, some people just don't think they should HAVE to deal with it.
And that's exactly the problem. When you haven't played with the GJ's for years, when you come across someone who not only uses them, but uses them to an extent where they're seemingly impossible to beat, the only reaction that you'd expect is the reaction that has happened. Most people don't like the GJ's because they are hard to beat, and for some they are hard to even use. You cannot deny this, otherwise it wouldn't be an issue. You can say all you want that the reason you don't like it is because you shouldn't be able to attack while blocking, that it's an unintended glitch, or whatever. The fact is, if it wasn't so good, it wouldn't be a problem.

Now, a lot of people just decide to quit the game instead of learning and dealing with the GJ's. Which, is a terrible path to go in my eyes. Running away from something just because it gets hard isn't how I operate. However, people can do what they want. If they really would rather quit a game they love, just because they refuse to take it to the next level, to a level GJ's have now taken the game, that's their decision. It's not my fault I'm playing the game that's given to me. It's not my fault I'm dominating them with a tactic they refuse to learn. It's not my fault my will to win overpowers theirs.

I'm not killing anything, I'm liberating it. You can call me whatever you want, you can label GJ's anything you want. But at the end of the day, the GJ's are just another tactic that you have to learn in order to compete. And they will level up your game once you learn how to use them and beat them. All this propaganda about them is beyond ignorant. There's a reason we say they are only bad on surface. There's nothing more I can say, I've said everything I can, and am beginning to repeat myself. If you guys don't want to level up, that's your business. But just know this, I will continue to play to win, I will continue to laugh in the face of fluffy words such as "honor", I am here to win by any means necessary, and if anyone has a problem with that... well, tough fucking shit.

:)

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Is their loss if they drop the game because they can't/won't deal with glitch jabs... the game's not gonna see any new talent anyway, we all know who the best used to be/are.

so why bother? have fun playing the game or don't play it, your loss (to anyone)
Nonsense. There's unlimited potential in numerous players out there, I have personally trained some people that have the learning curve to become top players in time. Why would you even THINK of saying something that which is only hurting the UMK3 Kommunity in the long run? Also, apparently we DON'T know who the best players are nor do many of us even recognize who they are. UMK3 Kommunity is split into different types of player w/ different styles (very different)

And that's exactly the problem. When you haven't played with the GJ's for years, when you come across someone who not only uses them, but uses them to an extent where they're seemingly impossible to beat, the only reaction that you'd expect is the reaction that has happened. Most people don't like the GJ's because they are hard to beat, and for some they are hard to even use. You cannot deny this, otherwise it wouldn't be an issue. You can say all you want that the reason you don't like it is because you shouldn't be able to attack while blocking, that it's an unintended glitch, or whatever. The fact is, if it wasn't so good, it wouldn't be a problem.

Now, a lot of people just decide to quit the game instead of learning and dealing with the GJ's. Which, is a terrible path to go in my eyes. Running away from something just because it gets hard isn't how I operate. However, people can do what they want. If they really would rather quit a game they love, just because they refuse to take it to the next level, to a level GJ's have now taken the game, that's their decision. It's not my fault I'm playing the game that's given to me. It's not my fault I'm dominating them with a tactic they refuse to learn. It's not my fault my will to win overpowers theirs.

I'm not killing anything, I'm liberating it. You can call me whatever you want, you can label GJ's anything you want. But at the end of the day, the GJ's are just another tactic that you have to learn in order to compete. And they will level up your game once you learn how to use them and beat them. All this propaganda about them is beyond ignorant. There's a reason we say they are only bad on surface. There's nothing more I can say, I've said everything I can, and am beginning to repeat myself. If you guys don't want to level up, that's your business. But just know this, I will continue to play to win, I will continue to laugh in the face of fluffy words such as "honor", I am here to win by any means necessary, and if anyone has a problem with that... well, tough fucking shit.

:)
Man, you've done nothing BUT repeat yourself and you keep addressing different posts and points w/ the same ol' blah blah. I read like 3 or 4 of your last posts and you sound like a broken record.

I accept and agree with using any and all tactics to win, but the thing about UMK3 is that when it's played at the absolute highest level it becomes a battle of glitch/kara jabs. Whoever is more proficient at this tactic will almost always win. It's just really repetitive in my opinion.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I accept and agree with using any and all tactics to win, but the thing about UMK3 is that when it's played at the absolute highest level it becomes a battle of glitch/kara jabs. Whoever is more proficient at this tactic will almost always win. It's just really repetitive in my opinion.
That's simply just not true. At some levels of play, it may depend on who can GJ/KJ better. But at the absolute highest levels? The GJ's are second nature and aren't even a problem. Don't take this the wrong way, but where have you even seen the "absolute highest level"? I don't even play at the highest possible level, the only level I've seen that I could say is at the highest is the MKT high level videos I've seen by the Dominicans or whoever they are.

That's simply just not true. At some levels of play, it may depend on who can GJ/KJ better. But at the absolute highest levels? The GJ's are second nature and aren't even a problem. Don't take this the wrong way, but where have you even seen the "absolute highest level"? I don't even play at the highest possible level, the only level I've seen that I could say is at the highest is the MKT high level videos I've seen by the Dominicans or whoever they are.

I've seen it on the same videos that you have. In these MKT videos, jabs make up a huge percentage of the action. Yes there are other tactics used, but nowhere near the frequency of glitch/kara jabbing. You say that at the highest level GJ's are second nature and no problem. That's because both players are typically on a very similar skill level with this tactic. They combat the tactic by using it themselves. It's a back and forth battle of causing block stun so they can begin their own pressure. I actually find it impressive, but I don't see how you can deny that high level play is primarily jabbing.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I've seen it on the same videos that you have. In these MKT videos, jabs make up a huge percentage of the action. Yes there are other tactics used, but nowhere near the frequency of glitch/kara jabbing. You say that at the highest level GJ's are second nature and no problem. That's because both players are typically on a very similar skill level with this tactic. They combat the tactic by using it themselves. It's a back and forth battle of causing block stun so they can begin their own pressure. I actually find it impressive, but I don't see how you can deny that high level play is primarily jabbing.
It doesn't matter anymore. What we should just do is group the "clean" players and group the KJ/GJ'ers and prove that we can still beat their asses without that shit, because we CAN beat their asses without it. I do it all the time, it's not that i can't beat it, i just don't like it or think it's a legit strategy. And aside from that, most of this play is online anyway so it's not like any of it matter, especially when the majority of top players barely have enough bandwidth to run the game or stay in the game without a D/S or a D/C. If I accpet it and deal with it and choose not to use it, I don't why people are so hell-bent on changing my view of it. Use it all you want, scrub the floor with it LMAO....I'll play you and win my share "clean".

They take it so fuckin seriously but they obviously don't realize how much of a MASSIVE difference high-speed cable ethernet makes in UMK3 online, so I don't even care what half of them think. This is NOT a game meant for a few MB of DSL or ANY type of wireless connection....

....it's actually not a game that was even meant for online at ALL.

AREZ God of War I'm definitely not the man for that job. I know I can't touch a high level glitcher. I couldn't even touch a high level non glitcher for that matter.

How many MBs do you feel are needed to run this game properly online? I run at a consistent 10/2 and I'm hardwired.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It doesn't matter anymore. What we should just do is group the "clean" players and group the KJ/GJ'ers and prove that we can still beat their asses without that shit, because we CAN beat their asses without it.
Okay. 5v5. Arion, Marv, Bass, Juggs, and REO vs 5 "clean" players.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
AREZ God of War I'm definitely not the man for that job. I know I can't touch a high level glitcher. I couldn't even touch a high level non glitcher for that matter.

How many MBs do you feel are needed to run this game properly online? I run at a consistent 10/2 and I'm hardwired.
U have 10 D/L and 2 U/L? that's fine as long as it's hardwired, but if it was wireless I would say no cuz you would only be getting 1/2 or less and you Upload (the important one) is down to 1MB at that point or less. I would say 10MB is the minimum and probably 1.5 Upload, but preferably 2MB or more. Ideal conditions would be 20-30MB, but again, you wouldn't want to fuck yourself by going wireless with a fast connection cuz it defeats the purpose of having one. I have 25MB+D/L and 3.7 U/L, but I have never played on a faster connection than that so I can't give accurate input if suppose you were to run something like Comcast Business (50-100MB) wireless, but I would say it's probably TOO fast since not many other people have that type of speed and it will lag or delay as a result of massive speed differences.
Okay. 5v5. Arion, Marv, Bass, Juggs, and REO vs 5 "clean" players.
Sure, man....OFFLINE, especially since 4/5 of those players have absolutely horrid internet and the connection unplayable for me 9/10 times. LOL Marv gets a D/S every 2 matches and we have to restart constantly. regardless of skill, it's more trouble than it's worth to play him

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Name your 5 clean players.
McLovins, Shock, Crazy Dominican, Zaq/Scheiss, Myself.

There's more but I'd be happy with that team. Detroitballin is sharp as an axe as well when he's in practice and he's "clean"-style also. I'd say AC1984 since he doesn't GJ, but he DOES KJ so idk if that would fly.

I am done arguing.
lol
Name your 5 clean players.
What I want to know is what exactly is a "clean player".
Sure, man....OFFLINE, especially since 4/5 of those players have absolutely horrid internet and the connection unplayable for me 9/10 times. LOL Marv gets a D/S every 2 matches and we have to restart constantly. regardless of skill, it's more trouble than it's worth to play him
lol I know right. I don't connect well with Arion or Marv. Most times the ping is what I call "CHORIZO bloody red".

Eternal

Noob
According to AREZ it's someone who doesn't use GJ or KJ's.
No Arez said that KJs are ok

There's a difference between cancelling jabs w/ block and jabbing WHILE pressing block. Why is everyone pretending there is NOT? It's not the same thing at all, yet it's addressed as the same thing. One of them IS supposed to be implemented, the other is clearly a glitch
My question is why are KJs ok and GJ not Arez? You still block while attacking with KJ.

MKK hanzo

No Arez said that KJs are ok

My question is why are KJs ok and GJ not Arez? You still block while attacking with KJ.
Kjs are run then jab+blk the repeat. You are open for a big time between the lps and it doesnt guarantee blocking everything even timing it perfectly. Gjs is standing like a fool jabbin the air. Loosing. ;)

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.
I don't care what anyone says; but getting speared and pushed into the corner to be jabbed to death and fucking dumb. The whole game is dumb at this point. I know some fanboy is gonna reply with some book-long answer on why it isn't. I've read it all before and nothing is going to change my mind about this game.

Eternal

Noob
Gjs is standing like a fool jabbin the air. Loosing. ;)

Wait what?

I thought we was on the same page.. GJ to me are like you said "standing like a fool jabbin the air" BUT also what Im talking about when I speak on GJs is a more advanced way and is how Marv, you and others do them.

Like at 0:51 to 0:55 and 1:13 to 1:16, it a double jab while holding down+block and.. Has everyone been talking about that stupid standing in place and jab,jab,jab,jab,jab,jab,jab,jab while blocking? I dont think so. lol that shit is so easy to beat and isnt what im talking about. Is there even a name for what im talking about, I thought it was Glitch jab.

MKK hanzo

I don't care what anyone says; but getting speared and pushed into the corner to be jabbed to death and fucking dumb. The whole game is dumb at this point. I know some fanboy is gonna reply with some book-long answer on why it isn't. I've read it all before and nothing is going to change my mind about this game.
We here and in other countries ban that. This and the relaunchers are the only game breakers stuff worth banning. IN OUR OPINION..... But I abuse them online specially against Bass :cool:

Wait what?

I thought we was on the same page.. GJ to me are like you said "standing like a fool jabbin the air" BUT also what Im talking about when I speak on GJs is a more advanced way and is how Marv, you and others do them.

Like at 0:51 to 0:55 and 1:13 to 1:16, it a double jab while holding down+block and.. Has everyone been talking about that stupid standing in place and jab,jab,jab,jab,jab,jab,jab,jab while blocking? I dont think so. lol that shit is so easy to beat and isnt what im talking about. Is there even a name for what im talking about, I thought it was Glitch jab.
I thought here kara jabs is rushin with lp+blk while running, and the other stupid thing that EVERYBODY cries and moans about is Glitch jabs wich is stand and jab like a fool. Again: losing.

I don't think the bandwidth makes much difference, it is more about the latency. The bigger the bandwidth the more information that can be sent in one packet, but a lower latency means that packet is sent quicker. You could have 100mb connection, but if UMK3 is only sending a maxium of 0.5 mb of information(packet) then you will have 99.5 mb of wasted bandwidth. The quicker it can send the inputs and sync information then the less lag you will experience. I doubt it sends more than 0.5 mb of information anyway, so look at the ping/latency of the connection to your opponent instead. The stability of that connection will be a big factor in seeing a smooth game, because when a packet is lost or distorted, that is when you will notice dropped inputs or jitter/stall in the game.

Eternal

Noob
We here and in other countries ban that. This and the relaunchers are the only game breakers stuff worth banning. IN OUR OPINION..... But I abuse them online specially against Bass :cool:

I thought here kara jabs is rushin with lp+blk while running, and the other stupid thing that EVERYBODY cries and moans about is Glitch jabs wich is stand and jab like a fool. Again: losing.

Kara means to cancel or reduce recovery time of a move http://meh.brpxqzme.net/himff/kara.html

In MK games you can cancel with block and also block while still in the last frames of the LP/HP. So Lp>Block = kara jab

Glitch jabbing with 2 jabs while blocking+down and rushing is not a kara jab and is just like the standing in place jabs you are talking about (the JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB the air kind) the only difference in the way you,marv,no doubt, reo, AC ect does them is you only do 2 jabs then continue the rush like I shown in the video of Marv. People are not crying about the stand in place jabbing air GJ(Called Golden Jab in MK2) but instead they are crying about the JAB JAB rush JAB JAB rush kind...

Glitch jabbing with 2 jabs while blocking+down and rushing is not a kara jab and is just like the standing in place jabs you are talking about (the JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB the air kind) the only difference in the way you,marv,no doubt, reo, AC ect does them is you only do 2 jabs then continue the rush like I shown in the video of Marv. .
yes which mean your opponent is on this level...

However, you can do a rushing Glitch Jab, which are far better. This is using them basically as a Run/Kara Jab. But you're throwing out multiple jabs each time. The Glitch Jabs work the same as Kara Jabs. If you get hit, you're forced into block stun. And that's how you exploit them. Once you stop someone from advancing and glitch jabbing, it's your turn to go on the offensive since they're basically frozen for a brief time.

People are not crying about the stand in place jabbing air GJ(Called Golden Jab in MK2) but instead they are crying about the JAB JAB rush JAB JAB rush kind..

and no. Ermac for example runs up to a GJ Kabal standing in place should be able to slam him out it but instead will be blocked and countered free.

Eternal

Noob
However, you can do a rushing Glitch Jab, which are far better. This is using them basically as a Run/Kara Jab. But you're throwing out multiple jabs each time. The Glitch Jabs work the same as Kara Jabs. If you get hit, you're forced into block stun. And that's how you exploit them. Once you stop someone from advancing and glitch jabbing, it's your turn to go on the offensive since they're basically frozen for a brief time.
Juggs is right except when he says "The Glitch Jabs work the same as Kara Jabs".. True they are very very similar BUT GJs do not work the same as Kara Jabs and some of you are getting confused... Kara jab is not preformed by holding down block(lp+Block) as you jab but instead you alternate between lp and block(lp>block), never do you hold or press block while lp is pressed, also another difference is how a kara jab cancels the lp animation... Glitch jabbing like marv and others do it isnt being canceled with block so its not a kara jab and block IS being held WHILE jabbing (lp+Block+Down+lp) release and repeat..That is a Glitch jab... Standing in place and jabbing the air over and over and over and over while holding block is called herp derp jabs :)