What's new

Very Important anti Manhunter teleport tech. A Must Read

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I've just lost faith in about 50% of the community.

Just now.

Im done. I can't believe some of these replies.

Smh are you serious? This is blowing my mind. I can't believe some people just don't get it. please...you...have....to....read.

Its....on....reaction.

Mmh always needs to take a risk with either teleport he chooses but the defender always has the option of just holding back.
I severely doubt you can do this with Zod, or Lobo, since they have very slow startups on forward walk. Especially since you don't know what kind of teleport it will be until MMH appears from over or under you. Lex doesn't have a super-slow walk speed, but his hitbox is so high he hardly has time to react as well, so he would fall into the same category as Zod and Lobo on that one- where walking forward isn't really a viable on-reaction tech,

I can't test this out now, but I'm gonna reserve serious doubts that this is universal tech.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Every character has about a full second and a half to commit to holding forward once they see the start up of the teleport.

Zod and Lobo could do this just fine. Its universal. Scorpion has a pinch less time to react, but that's literally the only exception. LtLuthor

Every character has about a full second and a half to commit to holding forward once they see the start up of the teleport.

Zod and Lobo could do this just fine. Its universal. Scorpion has a pinch less time to react, but that's literally the only exception. LtLuthor
You can't react at the start of the teleport. The startup animation until MMH is fully in the ground is similar for overhead and the mid.

You have to time from when MMH appears overhead to when he can possibly hit the opponent.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
You can't react at the start of the teleport. The startup animation until MMH is fully in the ground is similar for overhead and the mid.

You have to time from when MMH appears overhead to when he can possibly hit the opponent.

Its a read man. Read the comments from the first few pages so you could understand a bit better.

Some mmhs use their overhead teleport freely because they think its safe. This counters that and brings fear to the mmh from using any teleport because they risk a punish from both.

Its a read man. Read the comments from the first few pages so you could understand a bit better.

Some mmhs use their overhead teleport freely because they think its safe. This counters that and brings fear to the mmh from using any teleport because they risk a punish from both.
As a read, it's definitely fantastic tech, so great job there :)

But it's not on reaction. I guess that's what threw me off- everyone saying "You can do this on reaction!"

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
As a read, it's definitely fantastic tech, so great job there :)

But it's not on reaction. I guess that's what threw me off- everyone saying "You can do this on reaction!"
You could make a read to hold forward because you anticipate an air teleport on reaction to the start up of the teleport.

Is that better lol? Alot clunkier to say.

Edit: Adding to original post for clarity.

rurounikenshin

biggest cyborg upplayer
What if he JFs it? I bet that teleport is not reactable and MMH should be using it, so maybe that could be troublesome if you want to do it on reaction, but still, really good find, congrats.

cyke_out

Noob
Good MMH players 99% of the time only use overhead teleport, if you take that option away from them, they'll be forced to mix it up with rising teleport, which is a huge risk for them. The safe plan for them is to not use teleports at all except on reaction from incoming projectiles and interactables. Anytime you can scare an opponent away from one of his best tools, you have accomplished something.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I'll repeat: Remember when dealing with Scorpion's TP was also walking forward? Just think a about it for a second if you have half a brain to think with.
Night and day, bro. Scorpion appeared from behind...MMH comes from above... not. too. difficult.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I've just lost faith in about 50% of the community.

Just now.

Im done. I can't believe some of these replies.
Dude, don't bother with even giving two fucks about "those people". Many of us didn't know about this...and the ones making fraudelent "fame claims", are just thirsty, bitter bitches. ;)

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Could someone who could make a video of this?
I thought it wasn't necessary but apparently it might be. Maybe its that people are mistaking his "downward" teleport as his regular one.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Guys, Circus is saying that you can walk forward on reaction to the start-up of MMH's teleport. Sure, you won't exactly know which teleport, but that's not the point. You're forcing the MMH player to not abuse overhead teleport.

Some of you guys are thinking about it like "well MMH will just do regular teleport and hit me for a combo", which may be true. But next time, maybe he tries the regular tele again but this time you don't walk forward, and block and punish. And then next time he does overhead tele and you do walk forward, then punish.

It's all about reads and conditioning, not necessarily about it being an end all be all solution.

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
I tried this tech out using Lobo & he catches it just fine & I didn't walk forward until AFTER I saw him coming down from the top of the screen. The only concern is that this was done offline, so I don't know if it'd work the same online, especially with any kind of lag.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
hey dum dums , y would i as a martian manhunter player throw out a retaarded random teleport in a neutral situation???
i would of course put an orb in front of you before i tried something like that , or ya know use it ON A READ to punish you on a read

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
hey dum dums , y would i as a martian manhunter player throw out a retaarded random teleport in a neutral situation???
i would of course put an orb in front of you before i tried something like that , or ya know use it ON A READ to punish you on a read
You're right were all dum dums.

Next time i make a thread I'll make sure to run it by you first. Because I'm not 100% on this, but im pretty sure you're a genius.