What's new

Very Important anti Manhunter teleport tech. A Must Read

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
So I was bored this morning and decided to check out the kryptonite council podcast but was shocked by something AK Pig Of The Hut said about Mmh's downward teleport. He was describing options to counter it and how much better it would be if you couldnt jump from it but he completely missed the most important option that I seriously thought would be common knowledge by now because Ive been doing it since week2 of mmh. I checked the whole MMh forum though.... And no sign of it.....

----------------------------------------
SUPER COMPLICATED ANTI OVERHEAD TELEPORT TECH:

Just......walk.......forward.

Nothing fancy. It could be done on reaction. If you see the opponent teleporting and KNOW he will do the downward version just hold forward and what will happen is you will end up BEHIND Mmh and you recover at his back so you get a full punish of your choice.

Again, not rocket science. The same could be done with Batgirl's teleport but it matters less for her's because you get a full punish even if you hold back. Ive done this against batgirls since her release too though because her projectiles could be reacted to.

Sure the Mmh player could begin using the regular teleport to throw you off but that means you could start MBB3ing more or just respect it and block normal.

You make a read to hold forward because you anticipate an air teleport on reaction to the start up of the teleport. If you fear or anticipate the regular teleport on the start up, then just block normally. The mmh is taking a risk either way, but the defender has the safe option of just blocking both by holding back so its in the defenders favor. It makes teleporting in general a YOLO risk.

If i could Id make a video but it really does just seem like common sense. Go to training mode and just do it, youll see its extremely easy to do. Im literally shocked that even REO who has found so much actual tech for the character hasnt mentioned this either.

Mmh's teleport is good, but its not foolproof AT ALL. Hope this enlightens most of you.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Good post. Againts MMH's that just downward tele a lot this is good. What happens is MMH's tele basically gets blocked like a crossup and you recover faster for some reason. The punishes ive been getting are usually air punishes unless it whiffs completely. With Black Adam i just do 11 orbs B23 U1+3 for decent damage. Not sure how others can punish in this way but letting him hit the ground seems to let him recover fully.

Crathen

Death is my business
It's not new but nice post , thing is blocking it this way you can punish him just with a 7 frame move while he's airborne ( wich for DS means 20% at best with f23xxAR ).

With my characters i know i can just react with jump forward and b3 for a max damage punish.

Reactions: PPJ

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Teleport Uppercut says hello.
Did you even read the original post?

Of course if the opponent goes for both versions its because they are trying to fool the opponent, but if you know they will go downward there is no reason not to hold forward.

Either way the mmh player is taking a risk

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
You say you can do it on reaction, but then say you have to KNOW that he's doing the downwards teleport. :s
On reaction to the start up of the teleport you could react is what i meant. You still do need to predict which punishable teleport they will go for of course

Crathen

Death is my business
The whole point of his gameplan is keeping you grounded , making you respect his tele by staying grounded is what he wants anyway.

You won't see many MMH teleporting in the future meta other than to punish projectiles on reaction and very sparringly if they see jump happy players.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I was practicing backdashing, MB-b3, and jump normals in reaction to the overhead teleport, but as someone correctly described, the jump normals will lose their effectiveness as a punish after the patch. Still, if walking forward works as well as you say, it may be worth looking into.

I doubt MMH players will throw out the underside teleport all that much. Compared to the overhead teleport, it's far more unsafe on block.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
It's not new but nice post , thing is blocking it this way you can punish him just with a 7 frame move while he's airborne ( wich for DS means 20% at best with f23xxAR ).

With my characters i know i can just react with jump forward and b3 for a max damage punish.
Judging by the patch notes, jumping forward might not be an option anymore starting next week.they Buffed its air hitbox.

Some characters will get bigger punishes than others with walking forward but at least its meterless.

And AK GamerBlake Its very easy to do. A million times easier than the options you explained. So easy that it really is crazy to me how many people don't know about it.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
Either way the mmh player is taking a risk
so is the defender? is there a way to "know" when the downward tele is coming, a visual or audio cue?

seems to me like you guess walk forward or dont, sounds risky.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
so is the defender? is there a way to "know" when the downward tele is coming, a visual or audio cue?

seems to me like you guess walk forward or dont, sounds risky.
Nope. If you fear the regular teleport you just hold back and it blocks both teleports, whereas the mmh player is risking a full punish no matter what.

So if you do just hold back you could punish the regular and be safe from the air one.

But if the mmh chooses to do either of HIS options (regular or air) he has a huge chance of getting punished for either.

The mmh is taking the bigger risk just attempting a teleport. It could be rewarding but its like a YOLO mixup for him.