What's new

Very Important anti Manhunter teleport tech. A Must Read

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Has this been tested at all? I'm pretty sure his hit box goes behind him as well.

I told Chef about this right after he came out. Seemed to work, but the other teleport will hit you, not to mention all of his zoning.

If it would have worked for both teleports, it would be somewhat viable, but it doesn't sadly.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
There's a few things you can do to beat it, but the best thing is making it whiff. So walking forward and/or dashing forward, are good options. Post patch though, we'll have to see how different the properties are.

You don't really recover any faster, but you recover behind MMH as he recovers and you can move first. This is why you can punish him.
Ah alright just checking cause OP said you recover faster and i cant test rn

So if thats true then hes still -8 but hes point blank?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Ah alright just checking cause OP said you recover faster and i cant test rn

So if thats true then hes still -8 but hes point blank?
Yes he is right next to you. He can block right when he touches the ground like Mileena in MK9, so you have to get an air combo on him and with most characters, that is a d1.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I told Chef about this right after he came out. Seemed to work, but the other teleport will hit you, not to mention all of his zoning

If it would have worked for both teleports, it would be somewhat viable, but it doesn't sadly.
I think you're really underestimating this. You don't have to hold forward until you see the start up of the teleport. There is no reason to get hit by his zoning because you're holding forward anticipating it because you don't have to hold forward until you see him do it.

Also this is if you predict the downward one.if you fear the regular you could just hold back and the odds will be in your favor because if the regular is used you get a full punish and if downward is used you're safe at advantage.

There is no way this can't be considered viable. I'd go as far as to say its 100% necessary if you are sure your opponent will bully alot with the downward version. Its a crazy risk for the mmh player where as the defending player has an option where no matter what hell be safe.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I just tested this and this MUCH better than some you "Oh I knew about his...blah blah" people are insinuating. At least it takes away his massive push back. And who cares about the other teleport...this basically nullifies his teleport. I love it. Circus

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I've been doing the walking forward thing ever since he came out. You just gotta be careful because they can just do the normal ground tele and that will hit.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I just tested this and this MUCH better than some you "Oh I knew about his...blah blah" people are insinuating. At least it takes away his massive push back. And who cares about the other teleport...this basically nullifies his teleport. I love it. Circus

Yea exactly. This isn't even optional in my opinion. Its absolutely needed if your opponent is using lots of downward teleport. Some characters even get 40% combos from this.

People shrugging this off are making a mistake. This is important knowledge about the matchup that if not used it could be taken advantaged of by the Mmh player.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I've been doing the walking forward thing ever since he came out. You just gotta be careful because they can just do the normal ground tele and that will hit.
This is true...but if you are watching your opponent you can tell which one is coming and react accordingly.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I think you're really underestimating this. You don't have to hold forward until you see the start up of the teleport. There is no reason to get hit by his zoning because you're holding forward anticipating it because you don't have to hold forward until you see him do it.

Also this is if you predict the downward one.if you fear the regular you could just hold back and the odds will be in your favor because if the regular is used you get a full punish and if downward is used you're safe at advantage.

There is no way this can't be considered viable. I'd go as far as to say its 100% necessary if you are sure your opponent will bully alot with the downward version. Its a crazy risk for the mmh player where as the defending player has an option where no matter what hell be safe.

You're not at advantage after a down teleport. MMH has plenty of time to d2 a jump in or d1 xx grab a dash. The only thing that MMH has to respect are forward advancing or long range strings and specials. Even then, you can backdash most of them. That being said, the risk is too great to bother trying upward teleport so the whole point is moot anyways.

REO who has found so much actual tech for the character hasnt mentioned this either.
its been known and he knows this... why would u post something that describes how to beat a tool u have?

my biggest thing with this site... people try to get fame by:
1) being the first or claiming to be the first to find new tech and somehow say its 'theirs'
2) winning, reading all the stuff that #1 posts.

there is a crap ton more tech/anti tech than this for mmh... but i use it to beat the character... not say "hey mmh players... i can do this now so be careful" instead of saving if for a crucial moment when you read a tele and punishing it for the win.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
PLAYING TO W1N i really hope you're not referring to me with that fame nonsense...

Im positive some people know about this... because its common sense. No where am i going around puffing my chest. Just because i want everyone to know doesn't mean i have a stupid forum fame motive.

Reo and even Tom have made videos explaining the basics to fighting mmh and no where did they mention this. But that's what it is.... A basic thing about the match up. This shouldnt even be called tech. There is no reason to keep this from anyone. Its crucial. If REO did know and just kept it from people that'd be like keeping the fact that you could dash between NW staff ground pounds a secret.