What's new

Very Important anti Manhunter teleport tech. A Must Read

So I was bored this morning and decided to check out the kryptonite council podcast but was shocked by something AK Pig Of The Hut said about Mmh's downward teleport. He was describing options to counter it and how much better it would be if you couldnt jump from it but he completely missed the most important option that I seriously thought would be common knowledge by now because Ive been doing it since week2 of mmh. I checked the whole MMh forum though.... And no sign of it.....

----------------------------------------
SUPER COMPLICATED ANTI OVERHEAD TELEPORT TECH:

Just......walk.......forward.

Nothing fancy. It could be done on reaction. If you see the opponent teleporting and KNOW he will do the downward version just hold forward and what will happen is you will end up BEHIND Mmh and you recover at his back so you get a full punish of your choice.

Again, not rocket science. The same could be done with Batgirl's teleport but it matters less for her's because you get a full punish even if you hold back. Ive done this against batgirls since her release too though because her projectiles could be reacted to.

Sure the Mmh player could begin using the regular teleport to throw you off but that means you could start MBB3ing more or just respect it and block normal.

You make a read to hold forward because you anticipate an air teleport on reaction to the start up of the teleport. If you fear or anticipate the regular teleport on the start up, then just block normally. The mmh is taking a risk either way, but the defender has the safe option of just blocking both by holding back so its in the defenders favor. It makes teleporting in general a YOLO risk.

If i could Id make a video but it really does just seem like common sense. Go to training mode and just do it, youll see its extremely easy to do. Im literally shocked that even REO who has found so much actual tech for the character hasnt mentioned this either.

Mmh's teleport is good, but its not foolproof AT ALL. Hope this enlightens most of you.
been saying this from day one on. you gotta use it carefully though, or you get mixed up with normal teleport.

carrion4worm

king of the underground
Thank you, stack. Yes, please walk into my orb. Better yet, Dash into it.

But I will concede that this works in a neutral situation.
I REPEAT: walking forward quickly CAN work. Personally, I'd just block and live to see another day...

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Was always having problems with the overhead teleport when I had no meter. Awesome find!

@NRS you better not remove this tech :mad:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Circus do u know if this works off of ji2 into OH tele ? Can u start walking after ji2 when u see tele ?

This is how pro MMH use the tele to create following mix ups
Ji2 tele
Ji2 b2 low grab
Ji2 b2 oh tele
Ji2 b1 oh tele

Does the ji2 on block force u to block normally?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Circus do u know if this works off of ji2 into OH tele ? Can u start walking after ji2 when u see tele ?

This is how pro MMH use the tele to create following mix ups
Ji2 tele
Ji2 b2 low grab
Ji2 b2 oh tele
Ji2 b1 oh tele

Does the ji2 on block force u to block normally?
Works for all of those scenerios.

Even if the b1 hits there is enough time to react and hold forward to block the oh teleport from behind.

A deep j2 gives a bit less time to react to but it is still very reactable. Even instant jump oh teleports are reactable for the majority of the cast.

This weakens the teleport overhead as a reliable tool in general. Used raw, used with set ups, and used with instant jump.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
AK Pig Of The Hut

Mmh is a great character but if the reason why reo, m2dave, and you think mmh is top two threat is because his teleport shinanigans then you guys really need to factor this in. Mmh isn't just a big ball of safeness when it comes to a good amount of his mixups.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
AK Pig Of The Hut

Mmh is a great character but if the reason why reo, m2dave, and you think mmh is top two threat is because his teleport shinanigans then you guys really need to factor this in. Mmh isn't just a big ball of safeness when it comes to a good amount of his mixups.
Nope but that was a tool we listed that serves still as a mix up combo starter

It only starts there

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
You're right were all dum dums.

Next time i make a thread I'll make sure to run it by you first. Because I'm not 100% on this, but im pretty sure you're a genius.
His point is totally valid though.

No good MMH is going to throw out random teleports. They will only use it if they know they will catch you.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Not a big deal at all. People been walking forward against me casually now and running straight into ia stele or mb pillars. Mb pillar you can maybe react to offline but ia tele is soo fast

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage

No good MMH is going to throw out random teleports. They will only use it if they know they will catch you.
does that make this any less worth mentioning though? Does it warrent mentioning this being called dum dum?

cyke_out

Noob

Just like no good DD is going to throw out random Supernova's, yet we had threads going on about how to defeat that.

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
I'm not challenging the thread, I'm just saying it isn't as simple as the OP makes it out to be
Simple or not, the OP's tech is perfectly valid. If you see a downward teleport coming, you can use said tech to punish. That's all he's been saying - no more, no less. You guys are making arguments out of nothing. Yes, against a good player it may be harder to do, but that's not the point he's trying to make, is it?

carrion4worm

king of the underground
So with all this being said, I fully expect to NEVER see a thread titled "MMH: the new Black Adam?" OP this, nerf that. Remember, my OH teles can be casually strolled under like a walk in the park. Seriously, though, what happens is you switch sides as you block the tele, and it puts you in a much better position to punish ( I like to throw, it almost always connects)
But seriously, it just really emphasizes the 'crybaby' mentality of this community. People have whined about this move since day 1. And I don't care who you are or what 'kool' letters are in front of your screen name, if you main MMH like I do, there's no way you throw teles, over or under, without proper setup or read.
But, with all the band-wagon jumpers come Oct 1, I feel that most TYM readers will take advantage of the thousands of fledgling martians looking for their next Supes or Adam. By all means...Punish those scum!

Oh yeah...welcome back @MK REO....first to ten?

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Has anyone considered whether this works against just frame teleports? As REO mentioned very early into MMH's release, the concept of instant air tele and just frame tele are fairly distinct, and when you consider it's to the frame, it can essentially only be punished on a read after the MMH jumps, not on reaction to the telport itself, no? A regular tele, air tele and just frame tele have slightly different properties, unless I'm mistaken.

One thing that isn't mistaken, however, is that you cannot best Martian might. It's very helpful against MMH, though. Some love to use the overhead tele as 'safe pressure' and this will definitely catch them more often than not, and prove much to their chagrin if overhead teleports are integral to their gameplay.

Personally I seem to only teleport during combos and whiff punish reads due to getting shafted by pre-patch jump immunity at times. Orbs and pillars have suited me just fine, and I haven't faced a player that managed to make me think twice using them.

Good stuff OP, regardless of whether or not it applies to everyone.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Has anyone considered whether this works against just frame teleports? As REO mentioned very early into MMH's release, the concept of instant air tele and just frame tele are fairly distinct, and when you consider it's to the frame, it can essentially only be punished on a read after the MMH jumps, not on reaction to the telport itself, no? A regular tele, air tele and just frame tele have slightly different properties, unless I'm mistaken.

One thing that isn't mistaken, however, is that you cannot best Martian might. It's very helpful against MMH, though. Some love to use the overhead tele as 'safe pressure' and this will definitely catch them more often than not, and prove much to their chagrin if overhead teleports are integral to their gameplay.

Personally I seem to only teleport during combos and whiff punish reads due to getting shafted by pre-patch jump immunity at times. Orbs and pillars have suited me just fine, and I haven't faced a player that managed to make me think twice using them.

Good stuff OP, regardless of whether or not it applies to everyone.
It works the same way against the just frame teleport. The only difference is you have a little less time to react. Still risky for the mmh if they just throw it out raw.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I managed to block the teleports by holding forward but I couldn't even punish with d1. Is it lag or is it safer after the patch?