What's new

Very Important anti Manhunter teleport tech. A Must Read

Suffokate

Worship Only What You Bleed
Yeah I just tested this and the timing is super strict. You kinda have to let the wing evade "float" for a bit then hit 3.

If your timing is on point you can WE2 into a combo. Again probably impractical.

EDIT: WE2 doesn't work for downward phase assault.

Espio

Kokomo
Yeah I just tested this and the timing is super strict. You kinda have to let the wing evade "float" for a bit then hit 3.

Mace charge beats both teleports and you can get your 21% if you MB it of course. I think MC is more reliable and leads to more damage than wing evade 3, but wing evade is still pretty good to utilize as well.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I explained exactly what happened in my post earlier in the thread and everyone just comes in here asking "wtf how does this work? Does it even work?"

By walking forward you cause the tele to cross up but since you are now holding back in reference to MMH is causes you to block it differently. The recovery leaves MMH in the air for an air punish by fast normals (6-7 seemed to be the most reliable, 8 was not). Once he hits the ground he seems to be fully recovered and safe. Yes, this is a legit thing to combat the teleport and will cause MMH players to think twice if you blow it up consistently.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Smart mmh player will only use this down tele to punish interactables or zoning . No reson to use it in any other situation ( outside combos) if you have save overhead tele .

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I explained exactly what happened in my post earlier in the thread and everyone just comes in here asking "wtf how does this work? Does it even work?"

By walking forward you cause the tele to cross up but since you are now holding back in reference to MMH is causes you to block it differently. The recovery leaves MMH in the air for an air punish by fast normals (6-7 seemed to be the most reliable, 8 was not). Once he hits the ground he seems to be fully recovered and safe. Yes, this is a legit thing to combat the teleport and will cause MMH players to think twice if you blow it up consistently.
thats what you get when you expect TYM to read before posting

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
This is a good option.

However with the MB B3 buffs I think many characters best option is still MB B3 because it beats both options clean.
They should have listed this change in the patch notes as the Zoidberg buff: all of your dreams have been realized. And you can still do it...on reaction ;)

But yea, I think this is pretty good. Walking has pretty much no recovery so it's not like when you dash and run the risk of running into a pillar, orb, or stretchy limb.

NurzBenny

Old Member
PLAYING TO W1N I assume we won't be getting any anti-sinestro threads anytime soon.
Circus good stuff man, I think the concept was always floating around, but the "no no, do it, it works" is very necessary sometimes. Positive reinforcement and negative reinforcement works with fighting game players. IDK what P2W is talking about, this was a good/great thread. Thanks on behalf of all of us in about 4-5 days lol

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
They should have listed this change in the patch notes as the Zoidberg buff: all of your dreams have been realized. And you can still do it...on reaction ;)
Unless youre shazam lol

I will say that if you walk forward you can still block the regular teleport, so you can possibly blow him up either way. I just MB B3 because it is simpler.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If your timing is on point you can WE2 into a combo. Again probably impractical.

EDIT: WE2 doesn't work for downward phase assault.
Can't you WE~4, then 4 to fall and dash up for a combo or does he recover in time?

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Did you even read the original post?

Of course if the opponent goes for both versions its because they are trying to fool the opponent, but if you know they will go downward there is no reason not to hold forward.
You heard it here first guys, TYM pro advice - all you have to do to defeat stuff is know exactly what your opponent is going to do.

Groundbreaking I tell you...

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
You heard it here first guys, TYM pro advice - all you have to do to defeat stuff is know exactly what your opponent is going to do.

Groundbreaking I tell you...

Was this suppose to be condescending?

How are people still being condescending? This speaks for itself. Is it really that hard to understand that this is worth mentioning because its a crucial part of fighting mmh?

Do some people need all their info to come from some notable players mouth because they can't think things through for themselves?

Has the "walk forward" thing been tested with characters that have extremely slow walk speeds? Such as Zod and Lobo? Feels like there's a possibility these characters actually won't move far enough by the time overhead tele hits them, assuming they have to do it on reaction,

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I'll repeat: Remember when dealing with Scorpion's TP was also walking forward? Just think a about it for a second if you have half a brain to think with.

Smh are you serious? This is blowing my mind. I can't believe some people just don't get it. please...you...have....to....read.

Its....on....reaction.

Mmh always needs to take a risk with either teleport he chooses but the defender always has the option of just holding back.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Smh are you serious? This is blowing my mind. I can't believe some people just don't get it. please...you...have....to....read.

Its....on....reaction.

Mmh always needs to take a risk with either teleport he chooses but the defender always has the option of just holding back.
It's...not...on...reaction because you don't know which teleport he's doing.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

Its....on....reaction.

Just like you could "react" to Scorpion teleporting with a "slow" teleport of 23 frames?