What's new

The Power Nth -- Hawkgirl General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
So what do you hawkgirl mains think she is right now? she seems like just outside top 5 too me. top 10 for sure

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
So what do you hawkgirl mains think she is right now? she seems like just outside top 5 too me. top 10 for sure
Well...I've always said from day 1 that she is top ten material for sure. I mean, she destroys people like Killer Frost and can easily go toe to toe with Superman. The only problem is that her bad MU's (Sinestro, Deathstroke) are exceptionally bad...like 3-7 area.

Espio

Kokomo
I personally have her at number seventeen tier wise, she's mid tier. She has a lot of great match ups, but her really bad match ups keep her from being a top character.

Sinestro and Deathstroke are her main issues, the rest of her match ups seem to be incredibly doable with the right amount of elbow grease and a competent footise game.

Batgirl is debatable, but aside from her I feel she does very well against top tier with some 5-5's and 4-6 slight disadvantage match ups. Batgirl might be a 4-6 too. It doesn't feel hard, just requires a competent ground game.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Batgirl is a definite 7-3 imo.
she can derp with bolas and batarangs all day as hawkgirl cant punish either unless she's like right upclose, and if you do get close enough to punish she can just bat evade~1 to be fullscreen away again and do the same bs, its very frustrating and she builds fuckton of meter while doing it.
She can teleport on reaction to HG jumping or flying and it'll snatch you so thats already a big part of our game totally negated.
not to mention that if the teleport or bola get you then you get to have fun in the vortex till you guess right -__-

on wakeup she has a million options and one which beats the 3~WE tech plus gives her a 50/50 (cartwheel). it also has enough range for her to more or less throw it out in footsie range and HG doesnt really have an answer aside from MC on a read (before she even does the cartwheel).

It also doesnt help if you're in hall of justice or watchtower as she basically gets retarded interactables vs you and you cant use any of them coz lolteleport.

RunwayMafia

Batgirl is a definite 7-3 imo.
she can derp with bolas and batarangs all day as hawkgirl cant punish either unless she's like right upclose, and you do get close enough do punish she can just bat evade~1 to be fullscreen away again and do the same bs. She can teleport on reaction to HG jumping or flying and it'll snatch you.
not to mention that if the teleport or bola gets you then you get to have fun in the vortex till you guess right -__-

on wakeup she has a million options and one which beats the 3~WE tech plus gives her a 50/50 (cartwheel). it also has enough range for her to more or less throw it out in footsie range and HG doesnt really have an answer aside from MC on a read (before she even does the cartwheel).

It also doesnt help if you're in hall of justice or watchtower as she basically gets retarded interactables vs you and you cant use any of them coz lolteleport.
BatGirl is just simply OP. Like seriously, I'm not one to cry for nerfs...but she has literally every possible tool you could ever need...plus a vortex. Fuck her.

Batgirl is the biggest reason I main MMH. HG can't deal with her bs. I don't know how people can say "just keep her up close" when she can cartwheel over d1 and sweep and run through WE. I can't even whiff punish it unless I'm at the perfect range for a tip ranged sweep. But that doesn't even mean shit because for some reason she was given every good wakeup known to man. I mean damn....

She has cartwheel which you can't mb b3/f3 through and jumps over what it can't overpower and you can't cross it up.
Her bat uppercut might as well be flash's uppercut. AND you can mb to make it safe. And I don't care what the game says, that shit is 6 frames coming out.
You can't zone her on wakeup because of loltelport.
Oh and for some reason NRS thought it would be cool to give her a bat evade which is even more of a free wakeup tactic.

But MMH with trait gives her the business though. And there's nothing more awesome than doing an OH teleport and it hitting after she does her smoke bomb.

Fuck you babs.

Espio

Kokomo
Would anybody be interested in me doing a list of cancelable strings that do and don't have gaps? I'm planning on doing that later tonight when I get back home. Some are more apparent than others, but could be useful maybe?

I found another random use for wing evade one, you can use it on Superman's wake up jump grab or whatever it's called for a hard knockdown and 13% lol...not anything special, just looking for some uses for that option.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
how do i pressure with hawkgirl iv been using f13 then mace charge or wing evade but its a high, what other stings are good? how do i pressure :????? :p

how do i pressure with hawkgirl iv been using f13 then mace charge or wing evade but its a high, what other stings are good? how do i pressure :????? :p
Her main pressure tools:

* d1 is godly due to its huge ass range. It's also -1 on block, so only another d1 will outspeed it... and almost all d1s can't reach because they have far less range than Hawkgirl's does. So you can d1 d1 to pressure them, and if they backdash, you recover sufficiently quickly that they can't punish. Then you can start mixing in MC - if it hits, it deals 13% damage (21% with MB), and even if it's blocked it does 2.63% chip and is safe.
* You already mentioned f1 shenanigans, but do you occasionally mix in f11 as well as f13?
* 32b1 murders armour, does lots of damage and is 2 on block.
* A blocked 22 into WE2 can catch them off-guard - it's 4 on block afterwards.Works best in the corner, but can be used anywhere on the stage if you space it right.
* b2 mix-ups! b22 MC or b23 d2 MC - force them to guess.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
Her main pressure tools:

* d1 is godly due to its huge ass range. It's also -1 on block, so only another d1 will outspeed it... and almost all d1s can't reach because they have far less range than Hawkgirl's does. So you can d1 d1 to pressure them, and if they backdash, you recover sufficiently quickly that they can't punish. Then you can start mixing in MC - if it hits, it deals 13% damage (21% with MB), and even if it's blocked it does 2.63% chip and is safe.
* You already mentioned f1 shenanigans, but do you occasionally mix in f11 as well as f13?
* 32b1 murders armour, does lots of damage and is 2 on block.
* A blocked 22 into WE2 can catch them off-guard - it's 4 on block afterwards.Works best in the corner, but can be used anywhere on the stage if you space it right.
* b2 mix-ups! b22 MC or b23 d2 MC - force them to guess.
in never use f11 for some reason and never use 32b1 only use 32 then MC charage or WE. i like the b2 mixups aswell just wish her 123 was a mid so i could get her bnbs without the risk of them ducking

Espio

Kokomo
2,2, up 3 is so good, you should incorporate that into your game as well.

Tarkatan Dentist covered a lot of her good options already so I won't go over them again, but in relation to 2,2 cancelled into specials I don't like that one because the gaps in cancels are pretty notable whereas 2,2, up 3 itself has no gaps at all and is plus 2 on block and really good for getting out of the corner because it crosses up and does 16% on hit and 20% ish with jump in included.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
what are her go to setups like sure i can just do stings and specials but what about reset potenital and things? any tech she needs?

RunwayMafia

what are her go to setups like sure i can just do stings and specials but what about reset potenital and things? any tech she needs?
Have you taken in her in the lab? She doesn't have a reset or anything...she's pretty much cut and dry.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
Have you taken in her in the lab? She doesn't have a reset or anything...she's pretty much cut and dry.
yeah but i was wondering if she had any tech that was useful cause so far iv found i can win with some stings MC/WE d1 just wondering if i was missing anything

Espio

Kokomo
What I'm trying to do more is cross over jump 3, dive kick, which is a double overhead mix up and is really awesome for setting up ambiguous situations. Trying to adapt to her unique jump a lot more to improve my offense and mix ups off jump ins. Her jump has both good and bad qualities as it can hurt her against zoners and such at times, but it's also good because her jump can make jump ins trickier to deal with especially since she can jump at the opponent, bait an anti-air by cancelling into trait and flying away, tossing a mace etc.

Also, Back 2, 3 is such a good whiff punisher. I use this all the time as of late, it's awesome for whiff punishing Superman's forward 2,3 and of course other strings too...the range is good in my opinion.

kaseyk

Noob
finally someone else that likes her jump ! try this crossover trickery on catwoman set to stand block . j3-(air)db1mb-b22-we3 it side switches 3 times if blocked . if you dont find atleast a throw to land somewhere in there id be surprised .

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Lol kaseyk im curious, you get any footage of your hawkgirl? seems it be interesting to watch with all the crazy setups and combos you've been posting o__o

BBNik

Noob
I also want to see your combos too Kaseyk. Like I tried that 4 meter bar corner continuous loop of mb mace charge and it's just so damn fast!

kaseyk

Noob
I dont have anything to record with . All these ive been posting do work 100% but online as you guys know need good connection to execute . They arent all that crazy once you get them down . Release check must be off for most of these to work btw .

The 4 bar mc combo is more timing then speed . Aside from being awesome it really helps to improve your overall game imo lots of practice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.