What's new

The Power Nth -- Hawkgirl General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Character Biography --
Born on the planet Thanagar, Shayera Hol joined the police force in her adolescent years and grew to become one of the planet's fiercest warriors and most decorated officers. During an assignment Shayera chased a criminal to Earth and became fascinated by the planet and it's people . After capturing and delivering the fugitive to Thanagar, Shayera decided to return to Earth and use her experience as a force of good to bring the same level of justice to her new home as she did her old as the high-flying hero known as Hawkgirl. Read More >
This is a general discussion thread -- So please, discuss, theorize, hypothesize here!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Can't wait to see more of her gameplay! She is really the only other person besides Martian Manhunter that I wanted in the game.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
She's looking really good.

I'm a bit worried about how exactly she'll look when fighting, since I'm not too big a fan of winged characters, but I think NRS will pull through. It's just guys like Devil Jin just look so awkward with their big wings flapping around in the middle of a fight.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
No comparison. I'm a Sindel player and I never used her flight. but Hawkgirl seems to rely on it mostly which is awesome.
Let's hope so, because a character with a useless gimmick button (I assume that's how she flies) sounds pretty bad.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Well, her flight already looks a bit more useful than Sindel's.
Yeah I wish Sindel's levitate looked more like what we're seeing from Hawkgirl.

Just based on the video it looks like she can glide back & forth as well as air dash. She can attack and throw projectiles while flying (and hopefully block too). She has a Raiden style superman move in the air, and I saw her use a divekick twice...the first one looked like it was cancelled out of flight and the second divekick was just after jumping.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
It looks better then sindels for sure.

However, I'm still not sure how useful it will, unless she can air block during it.
Far too many air and anti air projectiles in the game, and it's kinda slow.

SLy

Noob
I think it's me, but I think she's gonna be a really tough character to learn.
Nah I don't think so. She looks like an Indepth character though with her flight and all. As far as Directional blocking is concerned I think she's gonna be able to open up a lot of players with her mobility

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Is it just me, or did it looks like her mace had some sort of charge to it? Maybe like it does different effects when charged for longer?

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Is it just me, or did it looks like her mace had some sort of charge to it? Maybe like it does different effects when charged for longer?
She has a rotating kind of move with the mace that can be charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.