What's new

The Power Nth -- Hawkgirl General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
So I'm playing around with post patch HawkGirl and absolutely none of her fixes were implemented (as we all knew). It baffles me that Heavenly Stomp is not a HKD....my god.

kaseyk

Noob
they lazy "fixed" heavenly stomp last patch because if they can't tech it we can double dash corner to force wake ups to whiff into corner . so instead of fixing the bug that weirds out wakeup they took the hkd away from it .

i'm just disapointed they didn't fix the ground dig :(

Espio

Kokomo
I've had problems in the past with MB mace charge whiffing more if I'm up close or small hitboxes and this adjustment is awesome actually because I was testing while being in the corner and the auto correct causes your opponent to be put in the corner, leaving you at frame advantage so you can reverse pressure and get your game going, which is awesome.

Despite not getting the fixes the community wanted, we should look at this perspective across the board. She's moving up by virtue of other characters getting nerfed.

Superman match up got a whole lot better. He can no longer punish mace charge, reduced damage, range reduction on forward 2,3 etc so playing footsies with him will be a lot more interesting.

Batgirl's hitbox got made larger so hopefully that opens up even more pressure options against her and it's one of our harder match ups,which is a plus.

There's a few other examples too like Batman and Black Adam.

Can we talk about mace charge being listed as plus one in the move list now? Not sure if this is accurate, but stealth buff? The frame data listing used to have it say minus forty-four (which we all know was minus four in reality).

RunwayMafia

I've had problems in the past with MB mace charge whiffing more if I'm up close or small hitboxes and this adjustment is awesome actually because I was testing while being in the corner and the auto correct causes your opponent to be put in the corner, leaving you at frame advantage so you can reverse pressure and get your game going, which is awesome.

Despite not getting the fixes the community wanted, we should look at this perspective across the board. She's moving up by virtue of other characters getting nerfed.

Superman match up got a whole lot better. He can no longer punish mace charge, reduced damage, range reduction on forward 2,3 etc so playing footsies with him will be a lot more interesting.

Batgirl's hitbox got made larger so hopefully that opens up even more pressure options against her and it's one of our harder match ups,which is a plus.

There's a few other examples too like Batman and Black Adam.

Can we talk about mace charge being listed as plus one in the move list now? Not sure if this is accurate, but stealth buff? The frame data listing used to have it say minus forty-four (which we all know was minus four in reality).
Lol...your optimism, man. Yes, sigh, I'll agree that Superman and Black Adam are injured now and she might even beat them...but I just can't stand that they didn't fix the ERRORS in her game. I guess I just don't tolerate incompetence as well as you. ;)

Ok...with that sass aside, what exactly changed with BatGirl? I've always thought that if you possess a strong ground game with HG, you can go toe to toe with that wench.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Our bad matchups all got buffed so i dont see where your optimism is coming from. Supes and BA where never an issue to HG anyway >__>;

as for Batgirl, her hitbox is bigger now, so maybe now some combos work on her that didnt work before? personally i always drop 123 b3 on BG, dunno if its the hitbox or a coincidence though xD
Also maybe now b2, mace toss and 32 wont whiff on her crouching?

She also builds less meter with the bola backdash nonsense so there's that.

I dont have the patch yet so idk <__>

Espio

Kokomo
Lol...your optimism, man. Yes, sigh, I'll agree that Superman and Black Adam are injured now and she might even beat them...but I just can't stand that they didn't fix the ERRORS in her game. I guess I just don't tolerate incompetence as well as you. ;)

Ok...with that sass aside, what exactly changed with BatGirl? I've always thought that if you possess a strong ground game with HG, you can go toe to toe with that wench.

lol, I'm also not very happy with our lack of fixes on mids etc, I was pretty disappointed to be honest. There's nothing we can do about it now, so I'm looking forward to the part she'll play in the post patch meta game and hopefully there will be a new patch to address the universal mids, bugs and others issues across the cast including Hawkgirl in a month or so, who know though?

She did get better with this patch too so she won't be left behind, which was one of my biggest concerns. They said in the patch notes Batgirl's hitbox got larger is the only thing notable that would impact us in dealing with her up close. Batgirl is probably the least annoying of our tougher match ups, patience in a good ground game is crucial to success versus her, but man is she annoyingly tough to deal with overall.

Something else that is huge for Hawkgirl...her super can now punish some strings with Martian Manhunter that she used to couldn't punish with her super like back 1,(gap right here) 3 and back 2,(gap right here) 3,3,3 I'm pretty sure she couldn't punish till now. She could always punish 2,2, back 3 and 1,1 2(although she could also punish these with wing evade 2, down 1, forward 1 etc already), but now it's even bigger of a deal. If she ever has four bars the only string that's safe to use is 2,2,2 now, which seriously weakens him up close, but she already gave him issues when she got in before so I'm very curious to see how this plays out.

Espio

Kokomo
Our bad matchups all got buffed so i dont see where your optimism is coming from. Supes and BA where never an issue to HG anyway >__>;

as for Batgirl, her hitbox is bigger now, so maybe now some combos work on her that didnt work before? personally i always drop 123 b3 on BG, dunno if its the hitbox or a coincidence though xD
Also maybe now b2, mace toss and 32 wont whiff on her crouching?

She also builds less meter with the bola backdash nonsense so there's that.

I dont have the patch yet so idk <__>
Because she got better in some areas, I don't really see how being negative is productive. She also didn't get any nerfs. They don't have to be issues, the easier her match ups are the higher she rises tier wise. If Superman was 4-6 before, it's probably 5-5 now or whatever the case might be, which improves her viability.

Deathstroke and Sinestro's adjustments aren't going to change how we play the match ups. Sinestro got a fix to one of his strings, which isn't a buff. Deathstroke's trait buff gives it faster activation for less damage so it balances it out. The match ups aren't any better, but they're not going to be any worse either. They're still two of her worst match ups.

3,2 only whiffs on crouching if you're too far away, I've never had it whiff otherwise even on Batgirl or Catwoman.

Did something change with her super? Why can she NOW interrupt those strings with super?

I don't know Killer Frost cannot parry those strings and Hawkgirl's super seems to be the same speed. I tested a lot of stuff versus Martian Manhunter in the first two weeks after he released so I could find a lot of his holes and get that match up down early, which is why I've mentioned 1,1 2 and 2,2, back 3 from time to time pre-patch she can blow up without meter.

I don't recall the other strings ever being superable by her before, but maybe they were in the past? They could have been, but either way it's new information.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
She got nerfed in indirect ways.
Interactables damage/hitboxes nerf and meter building nerf both effect hawkgirl. the MB b3/f3 buff is also a buff thats more or less worthless to us coz we have amazingly bad b3 and f3 lol.
Plus the only matchups that got easier are BA, supes and maybe Bats. All the other ones are the same or got worse.

I'm really not trying to be a negative nancy but there's no real upside in this patch for us. Yeah MB MC hits everyone now whoa -__-

we'll see how it works out i guess. Its just shitty that this was prob the last chance for her bugs to be fixed so now we're gonna have to live with them..

RunwayMafia

Interactables damage/hitboxes nerf and meter building nerf both effect hawkgirl. the MB b3/f3 buff is also a buff thats more or less worthless to us coz we have amazingly bad b3 and f3 lol.
Plus the only matchups that got easier are BA, supes and maybe Bats. All the other ones are the same or got worse.

I'm really not trying to be a negative nancy but there's no real upside in this patch for us. Yeah MB MC hits everyone now whoa -__-

we'll see how it works out i guess. Its just shitty that this was prob the last chance for her bugs to be fixed so now we're gonna have to live with them..
Yeah....I'm with you on this. It's not "negative" pointing out just how shafted we were in this patch. Nothing is new for us...

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Figured stuff like that is gonna happen, but doesnt MC whiff alot if you're cornered? I've had it whiff alot of times where i'd just go through the opponent then get punished coz of the awesome whiff recovery >__>;

Isn't the meter building nerf good for Hawkgirl? HG is far less meter dependent than most IMO.

To Eternal Blaze: Yeah, I think that's what was fixed. The shit is like lockdown city.

In fact, if HGs back is to the corner, and the opponent is touching HG, if do an MC MB and the opponent blocks (standing or crouching) that first hit of the mc mb will connect with what looks like HGs legs and shell go past them. Then the MB turns around in mid air and tracks and you and makes you block and puts HG back in the corner.

In fact..... If you're touching HG with her back to the corner and she does an MC MB, and you block the first hit standing, you have to block in the opposite way for the comebacker. If you block the first hit ducking in this situation though, for some strange reason, you can still block standing the same way.

Espio

Kokomo

So what about Sinestro and Zod? Characters who can chuck interactables at her for free because of their space control? Interactable nerfs help her in those match ups, two matches she loses and one of which is one of her worst match ups seems pretty noteworthy. It might hurt her in some matches, but I'd rather get the help versus Sinestro, Zod and other losing match ups.

Her back 3/forward 3 aren't that great, but that buff is not even remotely worthless, 32% unclashable damage if you make a read on someone's wake up or pressure. Like if you bait Killer Frost's slide and do MB back 3 to punish and follow up with another back 3. These are changes that don't seem like much now, but they will matter a lot down the road.

She is actually meter dependant, if you wanna really make damage, but she can actually play so well without meter
Yeah, what I basically meant was that having meter doesn't particularly change HG's gameplan much. Beyond saving it for clashes and being able to dump meter into MC and MT for extra damage (mostly MC though), it doesn't effect much.

Whereas a lot of characters need to conserve meter properly in order to be much of a threat.

Ok Gentlemen, here's what we got........

At 0:01, I stand block the MC and then hold back in anticipation of the mb. I get nailed.
At 0:04, I dash INTO the MC and HG goes flying by. This seems to be the ONLY WAY to get the MC to whiff that isn't jumping. Good luck trying it though. Who dashes INTO an MC?
At 0:08, I crouch block and then hold back to standing block the MB. I get nailed. Notice, I'm not actually touching Hawkgirl.
At 0:11, while touching HG, I crouch block the MC and then hold back. HG does a mid-air 180 and turns around to hit me. Even though it looks like it should cross up, it doesn't as I'm holding straight back.

RunwayMafia

is HG worth getting into now? I tried a bit ago but was waiting to see if she get nerfed or buffed?
Yeah...she's incredibly solid against most of the cast (and handles Superman, Black Adam, and Killer Frost with ease) it's just her bad MU's...Cyborg, Sinestro, Deathstroke....are terribly bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.