What's new

The Power Nth -- Hawkgirl General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaseyk

Noob
thx runwaymafia happy to share my knowledge on hg hope it helps .
idk if this has been posted or if this is the right place to put it but for added corner pressure we can avoid pushblock and punish it for up to 62% with we2 it only works (from what i could find) on j2-we2 and 3-we2 for big dmg or you can do 2-we3 to lay them back down a bar short angry and confused

the corner pushblock avoiding 62% 3-we2-3-bf2mb-4-1-bf2mb-4-1-bf2mb-4-1d3 (its 66% if they dont block still a worthy combo)

combo of choice depending on bars and taste of course .

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
.. Its pretty sad that we spend 4 bars on a combo thats hard as shit and STILL get less damage than a supes corner combo that uses 1 bar >__>

dat NRS balance

kaseyk

Noob
Supes is much easier to defend against in corner and his very high dmg combos are trait 3 starters . grundy i can break 100% corner easy and 80% mid screen . overall i think they did pretty damn good on balance with how unique some characters are .

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Guys.... Imma tell you something. After the patch Hawkgirl will defeat Superman 6-4 :) i already know the nerfs.
Black Adam will have a x3 slower back dash so we can actually pressure him now!!!!!!

OHHH! & Superman won't be able to punish Mace Charge on block now ;) His super will be 6 frames.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Tight, we get a bug fix for a bug that I didnt even know existed <___>
as opposed to fixing the stupid MB air MT bug where she floats for 10,000 frames or making ground mace toss a proper mid.

No walkspeed buff :<

and supes still builds retarded meter with Zap and nothing was done to its recovery, extra tight.

Our bad MUs are still booty, hell it seems most of them got buffs and theyre only gonna be worse -__-;

Lol yeah I dont see myself sticking with this game that much, especially when BBCP comes out I'll prob replace injustice with that as one my main 3 games.
I enjoy playing the game but our bad matchups are disgustingly bad, to the point where the game isnt even fun anymore. Hell I'd argue that Sinestro-HG is THE worst matchup in the game, and nothing was done to help with that at all.

YOMI Trepound380

Tranquil Anarchy
the buff makes hg retarted now ^__^. every mb mc will touch and people cant crouch it anymore :D and ill be making the videos after the patch cause a couple MUs and strats have changed

Unless this buff means,
A) you can't even duck it if WW times a d3 under the MC.
Or
B) mc mb can go back and forth the opponents wakeup like CWs cat dash.
Or
C) you can still mb the mc even if it whiffs

.... Then I'm not really impressed. Hopefully there's some hidden buffs like when they made heavenly stomp a HKD on the sneak tip

kaseyk

Noob
yea that meter burn nerf seemed aimed at hg lol
agreed on the venom and supes punch getting 2 hits armor being very bad for hg

I don't really care about Superman's punch getting armor.

His super being 5 frames means he can't punish us anymore.
Damage scaling means we won't get murdered as badly for mistakes.

These are what I care about from a HG perpective.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Eh, you're not supposed to challenge DD's MB Venom anyway. Risk is not worth it.

Honestly I'm mainly worried about the Lex and Cyborg matchups. Theyre already bad MUs but i think theyre about to get much worse.

Bane can potentially be annoying as well.

Hawkgirl shouldve gotten more than this BS fix.. nobody even wanted this wtf. I'm like omega butthurt right now lol.

Edit: didnt even see the meter building nerf. I think this was mainly aimed at supes' heat zaps and stuff like specials that can be cancelled (eg: BG Bola cancel to backdash x100 for free meter). This hurts hawkgirl as well though.
Eh.. this doesnt bother me that much, I never really knew what to do with my meter tbh, I just MB my mace tosses to get away if i see someone below me or if theyre trying to jump over the my diagonal maces. and there's MBing my MC if i think theyre gonna try to do something after blocking it.

However........

Vs MMH

• The Downward Phase Assault now can now hit opponents who are higher in the air
We couldn't really fly/jump vs him anyway. But now he can get much bigger damage if he hits this one while we're airborne.

Vs Cyborg

The full activation time for the Repair Circuit (Character Power) health regeneration is now 2 seconds (down from 5 seconds) and regenerates double the amount of health.
  • The cool down for the Repair Circuit is now 8 seconds (up from 3 seconds).
Ugh. It's the opposite of of Sinestro's trait. Because Cyborg can run from HG pretty damn well, we may have to kick his ass longer as he should be able to regenerate more from full screen with us unable to tag him.

Vs CW

The Meter Burn version of the Cat Dash now has two hits of armor.
It's now like DD's Venom MB. Great.

Vs BG

The size of her hurt box was slightly increased, meaning she will be vulnerable to a wider array of attacks.
  • The ducking Light attack can now be parried correctly.
  • The Bat-Wheel can no longer be ducked by certain characters
Fuck you Babs. I wish I could duck that shit with any of my characters. You can lick my balls Batgirl.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
However........

Vs MMH

We couldn't really fly/jump vs him anyway. But now he can get much bigger damage if he hits this one while we're airborne.

Vs Cyborg

Ugh. It's the opposite of of Sinestro's trait. Because Cyborg can run from HG pretty damn well, we may have to kick his ass longer as he should be able to regenerate more from full screen with us unable to tag him.

Vs CW

It's now like DD's Venom MB. Great.

Vs BG

Fuck you Babs. I wish I could duck that shit with any of my characters. You can lick my balls Batgirl.
You forgot that cyborg can cancel trait into fireball ;_;

You forgot that cyborg can cancel trait into fireball ;_;
Ugh.......

We still fuck up Ares. His teleport changes don't affect HG.

Bane will be harder to kill (great). It's still unknown if that kick part of his DB2 MB can come out at anytime or if it has armor on it as well if Venomed.

Very happy about Bat regeneration time increasing.

Black Adam got nerfed pretty hard. We may have the advantage now. It depends on how much his damage was nerfed.

Zod's air charge being 6 frames helps a lot too.

And the jury is out on GL and if his Lantern Might MB OTG BS is completely done or just adjusted and he can still do most of his BS if he ends a combo with Lantern's Might MB.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Ugh.......

We still fuck up Ares. His teleport changes don't affect HG.

Bane will be harder to kill (great). It's still unknown if that kick part of his DB2 MB can come out at anytime or if it has armor on it as well if Venomed.

Very happy about Bat regeneration time increasing.

Black Adam got nerfed pretty hard. We may have the advantage now. It depends on how much his damage was nerfed.

Zod's air charge being 6 frames helps a lot too.

And the jury is out on GL and if his Lantern Might MB OTG BS is completely done or just adjusted and he can still do most of his BS if he ends a combo with Lantern's Might MB.
The Ares mu will be like Zatanna's now. 6-4 but he has a better up close game.now he can run all day with the life lead

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Wait how is Ares better upclose? that dude has worse limbs than hawkgirl's lol.

There's still alot of uncertainty about these notes, so many of them are vague as fuck and dont give us enough details. Guess we'll have to wait 1 more week to know everything.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Wait how is Ares better upclose? that dude has worse limbs than hawkgirl's lol.

There's still alot of uncertainty about these notes, so many of them are vague as fuck and dont give us enough details. Guess we'll have to wait 1 more week to know everything.
I mean better than Zatanna lol :p

kaseyk

Noob
the dd and supes armor bother me a bit because mtmb will lose to them now :(
only fix i even wanted was the air mtmb ground dig at certain heights bug (super obvious ultra annoying bug!) fixed .like half her body clips through floor hows that overlooked ? maybe they will sneaky fix it fingers crossed lol

Status
Not open for further replies.