What's new

The Power Nth -- Hawkgirl General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBNik

Noob
Well despite the lack of mb mt popup recovery frames fix which was well needed; at least she got no nerfs aside from the universal meter building nerf :p

So I'm not really that angry, just rather disappointed. :/

Espio

Kokomo
To be honest, the only match up I'm slightly worried about more is Cyborg... due to his trait buff on paper anyway, but it's only a marginal concern.

I agree with Blaze reward is not worth challenging MB venom and isn't actually a big deal...that's meant to help Doomsday against Batman and friends.

Superman's super nerf is a big deal for us...we have full access to mace charge and can use her minus three strings safely versus him with full bars now. Not sure if this also means we can fly full screen away or not though when he has super.

Lex's buffs don't change how we fight him, they appear to be a lot of fixes mostly.

Martian Manhunter discourages jumping around for the entire cast as is, that teleport buff just reinforces that. She still can give him problems when she does get in and can punish all of his frame gaps easily with down 1, forward 1 or wing evade 2 and martian grab on block for solid damage. She has the ability to disrupt a lot of his tools. He also lacks a traditional horizontal projectile so unless he puts meter on orbs or pillars advancing isn't a real problem like it is versus some zoners.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I realy don't want to drop hawk girl, but seeing as she got no real help I'm going to use her less (hopefully lol I said this about sindel too ).

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Havent really played since Zatanna's first week, so when I get a feed about a new patch, I think "Maybe they listened to the fixes/buffs thread we put so much time into for HG. So, I read through the list and see several changes for many characters and get to this....

Harley Quinn
  • The Single Shot (Down + Hard) now has a block advantage of -15 and results in a hard knockdown.
  • The Take Aim (Back + Medium) attack has an improved hitbox.
  • You can no longer interrupt the Mallet Bomb super move after it has connected.
  • The Bag-O-Tricks now has an 8 second cool down period (up from 5 seconds).
  • Aquaman can no longer use his Water of Life Character Power to escape the Mallet Bomb super move.
Hawkgirl
  • LOL srsly... fuck you gaiz.
Joker
  • The Acid Blossom now consistently has a block advantage of +5 regardless of stance switch.
  • The Crowbar now has a block advantage of -4 (up from -25) and has a better hit advantage when Meter Burned.
  • The Joker’s Wild (character power) High Parry now has 1 startup frame (down from 2) and the Low Parry now has 2 startup frames (down from 3).

Sooo, yeah...

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Well, the fix was... Kind of.. A buff. Barely.
For a bug that barely mattered.. I didnt even know it existed till the fix.
Where bugs like the 1000000 frame float that happens after mb mace toss, our b3 sucking ass, up shoulder combos being stance specific and our mids not hitting mid are things hg actually needs and were requested alot but got totally ignored -__-

I'm just trying to be positive. :)
I know dude. I'm trying to be positive too, and I hate to get on the NRS hating bandwagon, but these guys do not know how to make fighting games. If something is listed as a mid, it should hit mid, otherwise it is NOT a mid. Alas, I still play this game hoping that the future is brighter, lol. (Plus i dig DC universe)

And I have no damn idea why that dumbass floaty thing that happens off of air MT MB was not addressed. Thats like the giantest bug I've ever seen. I mean WTF!!! Runway even made detailed videos chronicling how bullshit that is. TBH, I've eaten mad combos off of that bullshit many times, when that move should be safe. Its like your opponent has time to check his watch, run to his fridge, slam a beer, then full punish you. arg......

kaseyk

Noob
we all agree the only thing we really need is the low air mt mb bug fixed . maybe they will some day secretly . i can understand mids missing on catwoman only because it seems to have been done on purpose for her .
maybe they shouldve made two types of mids like highmid lowmid to suit the character sizes . i still love this game and will continue crushing peeps with hg :)

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Nah man a move listed as a mid should always hit a crouching opponent, thats the whole point of it being a mid not a sometimes mid and other times high.
This issue only happens with NRS games coz they dont know how to make games.
Look at tekken, SC or DoA.. i dare you to find me a move thats labelled as a mid but can be avoided by simply crouching. Things like certain moves or stances avoiding mids is understandable coz they have a certain property like low-profile or crush or have an evade in them etc, but a mid avoidable by crouching? Thats called a high.
its pretty much like having a move thats a low but if you're standing it hits mid. Its fuckin dumb and just shows the company's incompetence, especially that the same issue exists in MK and they still werent able to fix it in injustice.

Espio

Kokomo
Maybe there's still some hope for hitbox fixes on moves. In the Scorpion thread, there were some unlisted changes that Scorpion is apparently getting on his jump 3 normal to improve its hitbox or something so that might also be the case for other characters on the cast.

It's probably unlikely, but who knows?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I don't mean to sound snooty...but I did make video's documenting these odd glitches/errors in our girls game...and directly tagged NRS...so there really is no excuse in NOT fixing them...I sometimes just question motives. Remember all the Superman conspiracy theories that they wouldn't help out HG because she was one of the elite that could take him down...I'm starting to believe it, lol.

But yeah...WHY not fix these things? We didn't ask for new moves ( *cough* Wing Evade 1) or anything extravagant...it's just really annoying. I know it's a fad/bandwagon to talk shit about NRS...but bad business is bad business. If it looks like an incompetent duck...it's incompetent.

Maybe there's still some hope for hitbox fixes on moves. In the Scorpion thread, there were some unlisted changes that Scorpion is apparently getting on his jump 3 normal to improve its hitbox or something so that might also be the case for other characters on the cast.
Improve the hit box? Wtf? The thing was identical to DS's j3. Which means that not only was it a wall, it had a retarded hitbox that made it an "ambiguous" (aka bullshit) crossup.

What are the gonna do? Make it a projectile?

Espio

Kokomo

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Not at all...the characters that were nerfed we didn't really have an issue with...DS and Sinestro got buffs, lol. And keyword being "fixes", I guarantee you if the Superman community posted vids of glitches he'd be hot fixed in a second...smh.
Lol exactly, that's why i think that she won't move on the tier list :/

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Lol exactly, that's why i think that she won't move on the tier list :/
Don't worry about the almighty "tier list", it would just be nice to know that she is the complete package. Now when I do a B2 I have to wonder if it will hit mid...or if MB this Mace Toss it will leave me hovering for punishment. I want them to directly answer for these odd mistakes...or at least explain themselves.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Don't worry about the almighty "tier list", it would just be nice to know that she is the complete package. Now when I do a B2 I have to wonder if it will hit mid...or if MB this Mace Toss it will leave me hovering for punishment. I want them to directly answer for these odd mistakes...or at least explain themselves.
Yes, i really hope they will make an universal change that makes every move as how the data says

They'll probably just change it from a mid to a high in the move data.

Then they can say "Look! It's not even supposed to hit any crouchers!"

*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.