What's new

The New Top Tiers [POST EVO-PATCH]

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Liu, and erron should be higher, they‘re definitely better than sub.jax could be higher as well. I‘m also quite confident that jacqui is better than kabal
I agree with that, I don't have the experience you do with Kabal since I only played him in the beta, but I'll take your word for it.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Noob SD is getting slept on hard. Other than Kabal, it's probably the safest variation in the game mainly because of one move and gives him an actual mix and 50/50 now.
I think the jury should still be out, I'm getting away with cheesy stuff with him that I think won't fly once people get familiar with the match up.

Noob SD is getting slept on hard. Other than Kabal, it's probably the safest variation in the game mainly because of one move and gives him an actual mix and 50/50 now.
You think doing between 112, 113 + slide mb or 11 + slide mb is a good mix? I've been doing it in the corner and it has worked, so far. Also, forgot about 212.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
You think doing between 112, 113 + slide mb or 11 + slide mb is a good mix? I've been doing it in the corner and it has worked, so far. Also, forgot about 212.
I love either throwing 11 slide amp or 112 out there to confuse people. Plus now that his 9 frame mid is safe with the slide amp, you can throw b3 out there to check your opponent and try to open up that KB for some huge damage.

I think a lot of people saying Noob sucks or can't open people up is because they do the F2 string all day and complain that they can't get anywhere. (I admit I was one of them before messing around with SD)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I agree with Jacqui being in that top tier but.... doesn't need to break a sweat to beat you doesn't really apply against anyone that can zone (spam)..
(Hand over mouth cough)..... Cetrion, LMAO
good point xD

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
jax could be higher as well.
In Sonic Fox's Jax guide, he claims that Jax top 5 one of the best mix up characters. If you consider the character's pros and cons, he is ranked too low in the last couple of tier lists in my opinion.

Pros:

• 9 frame mid string (f+3,3)
  • great stagger between f+2 / f+3,3 to 1+3 and throws / quad grab
  • +1 on block, +13 on hit auto-shimmy string (1,1)
  • both forward and back throw guarantee okizeme
  • best set of krushing blows, (f+2 / f+3,3 to 1+3, amplified quad grab, double heat missile, max heat forward throw, and charged b+2)
  • best fatal blow that automatically charges heat to the max, which gives access to the best set of krushing blows
  • one of the best jumping kicks that leads to one of the most consistent and damaging conversions (jumping kick xx b,f+4)
  • serviceable projectiles for zoning and anti-zoning for a rush down character (shotgun, ground pound, and heat missiles)
Cons:

• limited damage output without krushing blows
  • some difficulties closing the gap versus certain zoning characters
I briefly want to comment on the cons and state that he does low damage without krushing blows, but ending combos with gotcha grab 2 guarantees okizeme mid screen while gotcha grab 4 resets and guarantees follow ups in the corner. In addition, he struggled against characters such as Cassie and Cetrion because EX glow kick and far teleport reversed sides without any risk. Now that these two moves are more punishable he ought to perform better in those two match ups.

Right now the chinese twin brothers at the top.
Even Scar complain about that broke s** Liu Kang easy as f** character.

And i was saying that for so so long. That character have it all. High damage, crazy good KB, crazy good FB, who has the best scaling and can combo for 550+ dmg, and it`s simply unpunishable. Best zoning for mixed character. Low, high, air fireballs, low and high at the same time, crazy fast recoverying on his fireball as well.
He is the top of the top.

And i was saying that for so so long. That character have it all. High damage, crazy good KB, crazy good FB, who has the best scaling and can combo for 550+ dmg, and it`s simply unpunishable. Best zoning for mixed character. Low, high, air fireballs, low and high at the same time, crazy fast recoverying on his fireball as well.
i played cycl6ne the other day and he was doing that to me, most infuriating thing ever lmao. It is kinda strange that he can be +3 but nobody else has a string like that to my knowledge. Lightning fast, cant really flawless block it, its pretty rough.

Last edited:

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -

THIS IS WHY I AM CHAMPION

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You should have posted that picture in the Shang Tsung forum on the day of the patch to troll us Shang Tsung players. I am sure someone would have taken the bait. LOL.

To remain on topic, as I continue playing the game post patch, watching streams, reading prominent players' comments and opinions on social media, my money is on Geras, Jacqui, Jax, Liu Kang, Sonya, and possibly Kabal being the new top tier characters.

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
Liu Kang is the new S tier character? Which variation? The same old Luo Han Qian or the post patch Wu Shi Legend?

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
i played cycl6ne the other day and he was doing that to me, most infuriating thing ever lmao. It is kinda strange that he can be +3 but nobody else has a string like that to my knowledge. Lightning fast, cant really flawless block it, its pretty rough.
She doesn’t have the fast mids that he does, but Cetrion’s s1 is also +3 on block.