What's new

The New Top Tiers [POST EVO-PATCH]

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
All this proves is that this game is infested with tryhards; players that don't pick the characters they like. They pick the characters that win. No loyalty. I've experienced the same thing with Kollector. I must've fought 10 of them in 2 days.
With that being said the top tiers didn't switch. Scorpion's teleport is a high? Doesn't matter. Sure there's less of them now, but the ones that still use him play more conservatively from full screen now. They still get to throw out F3s all day without consequence. They patched things nobody asked for.
Sir, I for one very much asked for that teleport nerf.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Sonya is still top 3 js. Just because she cant get a ridiculous combo off an insane anti air it doesnt mean she dropped a whole lot. She barely got normalized aside from some damage scaling - she still hits like a truck, 32 % meterless combos, still launches off anti air special on KB, still has top notch zoning, still has mixups. I'd say she even got better given the nerfs to everyone else. Since Geras dont automatically get sand trap KB on counter zoning, her projectile game is encouraged. Everyone who was a threat to her up close or in neutral has been hit hard. Scorpion got hit hard too. Good time to be a filthy Sonya main lul

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
He said Kotal Kahn was A tier before.

He said Starfire was bad.

He said SSJ vegeta was one of the worst characters in DBFZ (when SSJ vegeta was at his prime)

SF is amazing, he's usually bad at assessing stuff though.
Brings back memories of him proclaiming Darkseid as top 3 in Inj2 the one week he was playing him

You never saw the character again lul

Sonic is a S++++++++ tier player. He's usually pretty Kotal when analyzing stuff

The main thing with SonicFox is he is 21 years old. And he was younger back then. Guys at his age can do or say a lot of things, just for the sake of it.
And i think when he breakdown character he is not talking generally, but if that character is good for him or not. Does hi suit him or not. And how he see the thing.

But there isnt anyone close to his level of understanding the game. When the game comes up, he was playing a level above everyone else, and it wasnt even contest.
He was the guy that helps other pro understand the game and the right way to play it. And he helped a lot of pro players get better. And this is a words of other pros.
If you see him talk after a match and analyzing/break down the match and start telling why he choose that chars, why he go for that, and so on, you will get the picture how much in the deep water he is.
Also he always knows what is coming, and his reads are from other planet. Also his adaptation is unreal. How many times he was send by loser with 3-0, then he come back and win the whole tournament, annihilate the guy that beat him 3-0 at GF.
He adapt in a real time, and the only way you can do that is to have great understand of the game and to know every character out there, as well to have insanely fast thinking brain.
He is also the guy, who always know how to counter pick you, if he have a bad day, and nothing works for him.

And top tiers have nothing to do with his or anyone success.
The first major of the year - Summit of Time, DR Gross and A F0xy Grampa was playing Cassie Cage, SonicFox annihilate both of them 3-0 with Erron Black.
They didnt know how to play Cassie and make most of her. SonicFox shows the world how Cassie Cage needs to be played in his both variation.
Gross was using DS against Cetrion and get rekt.
Its not about S tier or anything, it`s about the understanding of the game and the character and to know how to play him.

And again in MK10, no one at pro level were using Kitana and people were saying she is low tier, SonicFox decide to play her at the biggest stage - ESL Pro League Season, and he won 60k. with her, then repeat it next year, and make it 3 after that. The prize money for the winner were 60k, 60k, and 75k.
He also used Gunslinger of Erron Black, variation no one used.
Same with Injustice he won the biggest tournament with characters no one used at High level. He beat Rewind at the Pro Series Finals with the Joker against Batman.
He was playing DVORAH at one time in MK11 and was beating everyone with her online.
So this b.c. that he is using only supposedly "S" tier character is exactly this - b.c.

Last edited:

Snoop88

Noob
The main thing with SonicFox is he is 21 years old. And he was younger back then. Guys at his age can do or say a lot of things, just for the sake of it.
And i think when he breakdown character he is not talking generally, but if that character is good for him or not.

But there isnt anyone close to his level of understanding the game. When the game comes up, he was playing a level above everyone else, and it wasnt even contest.
He was the guy that helps other pro understand the game and the right way to play it. And he helped a lot of pro players get better. And this is a words of other pros.
If you see him talk after a match and analyzing/break down the match and start telling why he choose that chars, why he go for that, and so on, you will get the picture how much in the deep water he is.
Also he always knows what is coming, and his reads are from other planet. Also his adaptation is unreal. How many times he was send by loser with 3-0, then he come back and win the whole tournament, annihilate the guy that beat him 3-0 at GF.
He adapt in a real time, and the only way you can do that is to have great understand of the game and to know every character out there, as well to have insanely fast thinking brain.
He is also the guy, who always know how to counter pick you, if he have a bad day, and nothing works for him.

And top tiers have nothing to do with his or anyone success.
The first major of the year - Summit of Time, DR Gross and A F0xy Grampa was playing Cassie Cage, SonicFox annihilate both of them 3-0 with Erron Black.
They didnt know how to play Cassie and make most of her. SonicFox shows the world how Cassie Cage needs to be played in his both variation.
Gross was using DS against Cetrion and get rekt.
Its not about S tier or anything, it`s about the understanding of the game and the character and to know how to play him.

And again in MK10, no one at pro level were using Kitana and people were saying she is low tier, SonicFox decide to play her at the biggest stage - ESL Pro League Season, and he won 60k. with her, then repeat it next year, and make it 3 after that. The prize money for the winner were 60k, 60k, and 75k.
He also used Gunslinger of Erron Black, variation no one used.
Same with Injustice he won the biggest tournament with characters no one used at High level. He beat Rewind at the Pro Series Finals with the Joker against Batman.
He was playing DVORAH at one time in MK11 and was beating everyone with her online.
So this b.c. that he is using only supposedly "S" tier character is exactly this - b.c.
Well, Kitana at ESL Pro League wasn't a low tier back then. She recently got buffed and she was the worst match-up for Kung Lao. So SF wasn't an underdog there.

SF is a great player, no dobut about that. He knows the meta of the game very well and knows how the game should be played.

He is not a character loyalist. He concentrates on match-ups. In EVO Grand Finals against Tekken Master he went with Alien in the last round because he knew it was the only way to win. He won't be playing a bad match-up unless he has a sufficent skill advantage over his opponent.

Yeah he did great at Summit of Time, but he get his a** beaten by Fox and Dragon with 3-0. This is no Blueprints for anything. Same for Foxy who was using Cassie at that time.
Dr Gross doesnt even know what variation he need to use against Cetrion.
Blueprints is what SonicFox did with Joker in IJ2, Kitana and Gunslinger in MK10.
Dr Gross then go into Oblivion, lost to Illuminati(Kung Lao) in minor tour, lost to Rafux(Liu Kang) minor tournament, lost in the pools in Combo Breaker. And then he switched to Sonya at CEO 2019.
#getownedboy!!!
Snoop88, cant agree for Kitana. Everyone was saying she is crap and low tier. When he pick her and won the the biggest tournament. People were saying it was because she was buffed. But why no one else pick her? The truth is SonicFox prove people wrong and show people how certain characters need to be played.
Same for Gunslinger, who even comentators were wondering why he is picking that variation.
And as i said even when he have a bad day, and not playing at his best, he still can beat you, because he counter pick you and beat you in that department.
Wasn`t PL the guy that was talking sh*** about Kitana and tier list crap and challenge SonicFox for FT10, and they made a whole event for that at Summer Jam, and SonicFox destroys him 13-0. PL is the only man to ever lose 13-0 in a FT10 match. :D

Last edited:

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!
From my experience in KL post patch I think Kollector and Kano are much, much, much better. Kollector I can understand giving many buffs though. Kitana is better but I wouldn't say she's top tier good like Kollector, Kano and D'vorah got a lot better and Shao Kahn. IMO they're the winners of this patch easily.

Dirtbag got better ok, but is still not realy great. Ripper got nothing and i´m still pissed about it.

Snoop88

Noob
Yeah he did great at Summit of Time, but he get his a** beaten by Fox and Dragon with 3-0. This is no Blueprints for anything. Same for Foxy who was using Cassie at that time.
Dr Gross doesnt even know what variation he need to use against Cetrion.
Blueprints is what SonicFox did with Joker in IJ2, Kitana and Gunslinger in MK10.
Dr Gross then go into Oblivion, lost to Illuminati(Kung Lao) in minor tour, lost to Rafux(Liu Kang) minor tournament, lost in the pools in Combo Breaker. And then he switched to Sonya at CEO 2019.
#getownedboy!!!
Snoop88, cant agree for Kitana. Everyone was saying she is crap and low tier. When he pick her and won the the biggest tournament. People were saying it was because she was buffed. But why no one else pick her? The truth is SonicFox prove people wrong and show people how certain characters need to be played.
Same for Gunslinger, who even comentators were wondering why he is picking that variation.
And as i said even when he have a bad day, and not playing at his best, he still can beat you, because he counter pick you and beat you in that department.
Wasn`t PL the guy that was talking sh*** about Kitana and tier list crap and challenge SonicFox for FT10, and they made a whole event for that at Summer Jam, and SonicFox destroys him 13-0. PL is the only man to ever lose 13-0 in a FT10 match. :D
During 2015 EVO Sonic was using Kitana against Kung Lao's players. Kung Lao was the S tier that time. No losing match-ups except one... Kitana. ;) Before SF picked her up she received 15 buffs in the last patch. You can't deny that. She had 40% unbreakable meterless combo...

It was known that after the patch she is viable.

SF is great player because he plays on match-ups.

He didn't use Captain Cold in I2 until he got buffed to become good against certain characters.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Geras, sonya, cassie, jacqui and Scorpion are still extremely good characters (erron is still good as well) and still at the top. I don‘t see any reason why they shouldn‘t be.

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
Potato Tier: Geras

Top Tier: Sonya, Kabal, Cetrion, Cassie

Secret Top Tier: Dirtbag Kano
I feel like Cassie is still good, but losing AMP glow kick is definitely gonna hurt her. I’m not sure she’s better than Jax or Jacqui now. I’m assuming the Kano thing was a joke though. I don’t even like Kano but I wish they would give him some useable buttons so he doesn’t have to play so risky all the time.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I feel like Cassie is still good, but losing AMP glow kick is definitely gonna hurt her. I’m not sure she’s better than Jax or Jacqui now. I’m assuming the Kano thing was a joke though. I don’t even like Kano but I wish they would give him some useable buttons so he doesn’t have to play so risky all the time.
I think the glow kick will hurt Cassie at a high level, right now no one is F/Bing it online.

Kano dirtbag is legit good god-like, I saw Biohazard do 2,4 then have time to use vege-mighty buff and go for the yolo ball. It's insane.

Eldagrin

I think the glow kick will hurt Cassie at a high level, right now no one is F/Bing it online.

Kano dirtbag is legit good god-like, I saw Biohazard do 2,4 then have time to use vege-mighty buff and go for the yolo ball. It's insane.
The problem is that’s exactly what it is. Yolo. Kano still lives and dies by crazy reads. I saw Bio play a Cetrion player and he was abusing but lack of MU knowledge hard since she can punish both AMP Kano balls AND she can punish almost all of his cancels into acid spray with far wall. Hell, his d3 and d1 on hit into a blocked cancel is f23 punishable. A lot of it is Bio being a crazy good player.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
The problem is that’s exactly what it is. Yolo. Kano still lives and dies by crazy reads. I saw Bio play a Cetrion player and he was abusing but lack of MU knowledge hard since she can punish both AMP Kano balls AND she can punish almost all of his cancels into acid spray with far wall. Hell, his d3 and d1 on hit into a blocked cancel is f23 punishable. A lot of it is Bio being a crazy good player.
Yeah that's a good point, I still think he's in a better place now but at the same time he still needs some mids cause he doesn't really have safe setups.

Eldagrin

Yeah that's a good point, I still think he's in a better place now but at the same time he still needs some mids cause he doesn't really have safe setups.
Yeah, his problem is he has 0 safe hitconfirmable mids AND no safe specials. He just has to play so risky compared to other characters for less reward.

During 2015 EVO Sonic was using Kitana against Kung Lao's players. Kung Lao was the S tier that time. No losing match-ups except one... Kitana. ;) Before SF picked her up she received 15 buffs in the last patch. You can't deny that. She had 40% unbreakable meterless combo...

It was known that after the patch she is viable.

SF is great player because he plays on match-ups.

He didn't use Captain Cold in I2 until he got buffed to become good against certain characters.
I asked a simply question. Who was the guy, who was beating top players at that time with Kitana? Who were the guys that was playing Kitana at top level at that time?
Evo 2015 was after ESL PRO Series finale, when SonicFox first use Kitana at Pro tournament and won 60k.
He also use and won multiple title with Erron Black, and no one ever dare to touch that character.
He also do that with Cassie and i dont remember anyone won anything with her, except for SonicFox.
This is the guy that shows people how certain characters needs to be played and he make them viable.

The thing with Kitana and how she recieved buff sounds like one BIG excuse and downplay to SonicFox.
This just shows how much he understand the game and he when to pick certain character.
Roster is open to anyone out there. If you lose its because the opponent was better, not because of "Tier list".

And i not follow Injustice 2 closely, but this is a big downplay, by saying that SonicFox pick Captain Cold. And what about the biggest tournament he won with the Joker? Both Joker and Captain Cold was and always was at the lower zone in people tier lists.

And there to show that "last patch" where Kitana recieved 15 buffs.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
View attachment 15577

Dirtbag got better ok, but is still not realy great. Ripper got nothing and i´m still pissed about it.

At the end of the day, like I said Kano got buffs which makes him better. He wasn't bad before but now he's better, especially Rotten Scoundrel. NRS even went over this in the last KK....

To sum it up. Kano overall....

Now maybe next time NRS can actually buff my boy Raiden TW, you want to talk about being pissed or pissed on rather...

trufenix

bye felicia
I asked a simply question. Who was the guy, who was beating top players at that time with Kitana? Who were the guys that was playing Kitana at top level at that time?
Evo 2015 was after ESL PRO Series finale, when SonicFox first use Kitana at Pro tournament and won 60k.
He also use and won multiple title with Erron Black, and no one ever dare to touch that character.
He also do that with Cassie and i dont remember anyone won anything with her, except for SonicFox.
This is the guy that shows people how certain characters needs to be played and he make them viable.

The thing with Kitana and how she recieved buff sounds like one BIG excuse and downplay to SonicFox.
This just shows how much he understand the game and he when to pick certain character.
Roster is open to anyone out there. If you lose its because the opponent was better, not because of "Tier list".

And i not follow Injustice 2 closely, but this is a big downplay, by saying that SonicFox pick Captain Cold. And what about the biggest tournament he won with the Joker? Both Joker and Captain Cold was and always was at the lower zone in people tier lists.

And there to show that "last patch" where Kitana recieved 15 buffs.
The fact that the community always falls back on "only sonicfox can do it" are the reasons only sonicfox can do it. When did y'all get so scrubby?