What's new

Raiden Video: Blowing up the invincible teleport and interrupting strings

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
HYPE!!
BWIZZ vs CURBO. MLG ANAHEIM!

Will the Gods bless BWIZZ or will Curbo take his next victim?!
FT5 for $100. DONT BE PUSSYS!
Man i think BWizz is really cool and a great Raiden player but honestly after playing Curbo in person and seeing other people play him with Raiden. I'll be shocked if it's not 5 - 0 and that's not a knock on BWizz at all.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
You lost once, and are having an intense overreaction. It's gonna take many many matches to learn a matchup, not one set where you lost a few times. Jesus.
It's not about me losing. It's not just me who thinks this way either. I'm pretty sure all the VSM guys think this too.

Truth

Noob
Just because they might be better than you doesn't mean that they may have missed something.
Just a minor note, what you actually want to say is "doesn't mean that they may have not missed something." Your quoted text reads as a negation (comes from your use of the term doesn't) of 'they may have missed something' which when translated means 'they found everything'. How do I know this? Well I'm majoring in philosophy, so I covered symbolic logic lol If that doesn't make sense, I will use symbols to represent my train of thought...

Let '~' represent a negation.
Let 'M' represent the phrase 'they may have have missed something'.

~M translates into saying 'It is not the case (or it does not mean) they may have missed something.' Which when you translate it without all the negations means 'They have found everything' (what you were implying) or literally 'They have found something'.

What you want to say is:

~~M (in other words just M itself); when translated says 'It is not the case that they may have not missed something.' Using double negation, you get a positive statement, which in other words, 'they may have missed something'.

Aside from my philosophy lesson on symbolic logic, please continue this Cage vs. Raiden beef lol

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Alright but i played him offline. As did perfect legend and justin wong. All of us used Raiden and all of us got bodied. Now I might not be as good as you or PL but there fact that pl and J wong got bodied was eye opening. Curbo makes that match look literally impossible. J wong got flawlessed 3 times.
You just aren't used to fighting a Cage who's really in tune with thatcharacter. If I played Foxy's Cage today, and it was the first time I'd ever played it, I'd think Sub-Zero loses 7-3 to Cage. Cage is that sort of character. he only has to touch you once to completely reverse the fortunes of the match. If you zoned with Raiden as well as Foxy rushes people down (there is a method to it, it's not just pressing buttons), you'd start to understand the matchup more.

Playing cage is a real pain, though. You have to really concentrate.

CD jr

Noob
If your not scared of that matchup then I have no clue who you play. Raiden is prolly bottom 15. His strings are slow, you can armor and with certain characters use specials to interrupt his normals. Raiden has no way of getting out except his teleport which isn't that great. Theres no way you can tell me Johnny Cage goes 5-5 with raiden.
both jax and cage rape raiden 6-4.i came to the conclusion that this game cant have a numbered tier list but rather a lettered tier list they are just too many super characters and fucking cage is one of them. super character imo are:kabal,kitana,kenshi,cage,smoke,freddy,sonya,and cyrax

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Raiden bottom 15? Really? And you call me crazy. 121 has a 9 frame startup which really isn't a slow string. He has uninterruptible options instead of using B312 or 334, and his B3 has great range. He can en shocker out of cages frame traps for 31%. Raiden goes 5-5 with Cage, period. Cage has problems when Raiden has the life lead. You obviously haven't played a good Raiden offline with cage, or at least one that knows the matchup.
MLG anaheim - Curbo vs B wizz

I wanna see it

B W1zZ

Noob
raiden is ass thats all i have to say lol
both jax and cage rape raiden 6-4.i came to the conclusion that this game cant have a numbered tier list but rather a lettered tier list they are just too many super characters and fucking cage is one of them.
I don't get how you figure Raiden is ass, or that Jax/Cage destroy him. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that no one has actually played against a legit Raiden.

Okay maybe I do get it. "His strings are slow and interruptible" is basically the only real argument anyone has. I guess people are forgetting F24 is a high priority string/one of the best strings in the game, or the fact that Raiden has a strong footsie game/doesn't revolve around mindless offense and random frame advantage.

I think raiden will be top 10 eventually, but to be able to win with raiden you need to have good footsies. and in this game you need extensive matchup knowledge for all the characters to be able to play a good raiden. without matchups knowledge raiden will lose imo because he cant play good footsies without knowing the other character. Imo raiden is kind of a tekken like character where he relies a lot on whiff punishing. I can definitely see raiden whiff punishing cages strings in the near future.

BTW: PL does have a very good raiden but after final round I saw how Bwizz had a lot more knowledge and experience with the character. But he has what it takes to play a good raiden, Pl has great footsies and I think nobody can whiff punish as well as PL does.

Albo

Noob
BTW: PL does have a very good raiden but after final round I saw how Bwizz had a lot more knowledge and experience with the character. But he has what it takes to play a good raiden, Pl has great footsies and I think nobody can whiff punish as well as PL does.
As you said it takes extensive knowledge of each character to play raiden at the highest level so someone like PL who doesn't dedicate as much time to learning these things isn't going to be able to play the character at the highest level which is why when we saw him at FF, he had a fundamentally strong raiden and used all the basics of the character well. Someone like B W1zZ on the other hand is one of the few people who are able to play the character at the highest level which is why i agree with him in that others don't have experience fighting raiden players like himself and so have a conflictng opinions on the characters ability. Nothing against maxter, just using him as an example here but he plays like a billion characters, with raiden being one of them so he isn't going to have the extensive knowledge and vital match up experience as opposed to someone like B W1zZ who's mained the character for a long time and plays offline reguarly against top players.

One of the problems is that there aren't many offline raiden mainers competing with tourneys and doing well with him. We need more top raiden players going to tourneys and contributing to these boards to help everyone level up if they wish.

mindless offense and random frame advantage.
Cage players on blast? :p

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I'm not trying to put anyone on blast, just making a statement. All this Raiden hatin has me pissed off and I just played someone who's name I'm not going to mention online, and this is what they ended up doing to their MK disc:

Digimon.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I don't get how you figure Raiden is ass, or that Jax/Cage destroy him. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that no one has actually played against a legit Raiden.

Okay maybe I do get it. "His strings are slow and interruptible" is basically the only real argument anyone has. I guess people are forgetting F24 is a high priority string/one of the best strings in the game, or the fact that Raiden has a strong footsie game/doesn't revolve around mindless offense and random frame advantage.
Bwizz, let people think Raiden is ass if they want. No matter what people say, whether they think Raiden is a top character or a bottom character, you will continue to play him as you play him and be happy about it. You believe in your character, that's awesome. Now take him as far as you can go with him. And if people continue to talk shit about your character, shrug it off. Cause whatever they say doesn't actually affect anything. :)

Do well at a major with killers of VSM, GGA and the likes so we can assume that Raiden is good, otherwise sorry, he is not the almighty god that you want him to be.

B W1zZ

Noob
Do well at a major with killers of VSM, GGA and the likes so we can assume that Raiden is good, otherwise sorry, he is not the almighty god that you want him to be.
I haven't played against VSM except for REO (who I flawlessed at devastation) but I've played GGA members at Final Round and did great against them. You're obviously a random hater that understands nothing about the character, so gtfo with your trolling.