What's new

Raiden Video: Blowing up the invincible teleport and interrupting strings

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Zer0Hundr3d how can you say Raiden is ass? If you are teleport happy then of course you are punished. You realise that the teleport is only a mind game and a counter tool right? Your interruptable strings can also work in your favour. You do B3 and then teleport while opponent throws out a move to interrupt, you punish. They respect your string. The teleport is the best move in the game in my opinion. You can even escape strings yourself with that move and then punish for 35%!!
Broski, for one: B3 x tele leaves Raiden at MASSIVE disadvantage.
Secondly, His "godly punish" is 30 frames fast and his fastest move after a tele is Superman which is 23f not counting pokes.

I can only counter moves with long recoveries or at least long enough for me to get a 334 in.And 334 is interruptable soooo....

I think I know my character better than you do.I respect your 2 cents but I don't want you telling me what to do.

/Swag(lol PL reference)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
BTW guys i didnt really post this video to be ground breaking but Im just tired of players not doing this stuff

Just trying to help and get everyone on same page

Somberness

Lights
http://testyourmight.com/threads/raiden-frame-data.13536/

Take the cancel on block advantages here and subtract the teleport's duration from it.

I don't know exactly if the 5 extra frames to turnaround can be applied here, though. If so, then the -3 strings when teleported would actually be +2.
Anything that is 10 or less cancel advantage will have the opponent recover before you teleport behind them so the 5 or 7 frame turn around rule will apply. Anything higher than that and there is no penalty for turning around unless you you input your attack on the first frame you recover, because then it will take an extra 5 frames. :confused:

NKZero

Noob
Broski, for one: B3 x tele leaves Raiden at MASSIVE disadvantage.
Secondly, His "godly punish" is 30 frames fast and his fastest move after a tele is Superman which is 23f not counting pokes.

I can only counter moves with long recoveries or at least long enough for me to get a 334 in.And 334 is interruptable soooo....

I think I know my character better than you do.I respect your 2 cents but I don't want you telling me what to do.

/Swag(lol PL reference)
I should have clarified. I do not mean directly tele after B3. Do B3, opponent thinks he can interrupt, then teleport on reaction to at least avoid the interruption and either get a punish or mount your own offense. Besides it isn't easy to interrupt these strings. Risk-reward is not worth it for an opponent.

Yes you're right you do know him better than I do but what you don't know is that he is not an 'ass' character. He is the best character in the game.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I should have clarified. I do not mean directly tele after B3. Do B3, opponent thinks he can interrupt, then teleport on reaction to at least avoid the interruption and either get a punish or mount your own offense. Besides it isn't easy to interrupt these strings. Risk-reward is not worth it for an opponent.

Yes you're right you do know him better than I do but what you don't know is that he is not an 'ass' character. He is the best character in the game.
I'm not saying he's ass, I'm saying he's not top tier and is the most overrated character in the game.If having a 1f special is such a big deal then why isn't CSZ better than Raiden? His normals are far superior and they both have 1f specials.

NKZero

Noob
I'm not saying he's ass, I'm saying he's not top tier and is the most overrated character in the game.If having a 1f special is such a big deal then why isn't CSZ better than Raiden? His normals are far superior and they both have 1f specials.
I think CSZ's parry has a 10 frame start-up (at least that's what Altaire said) and it is much more punishable than the teleport. It is also vulnerable to low attacks and doesn't have nearly as many mind games attached to it. Raiden can't be zoned, he can escape rushdown and he can turtle unlike any character. Plus his only bad match is CSZ and it isn't unwinnable. You cannot say the same for CSZ.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I think CSZ's parry has a 10 frame start-up (at least that's what Altaire said) and it is much more punishable than the teleport. It is also vulnerable to low attacks and doesn't have nearly as many mind games attached to it. Raiden can't be zoned, he can escape rushdown and he can turtle unlike any character. Plus his only bad match is CSZ and it isn't unwinnable. You cannot say the same for CSZ.
Aww hell NAW!! You DID NOT just say that Raiden has no bad match-ups.

Sonya
Kenshi
Sektor
CSZ

Just to name a few.And REO told me that CSZ parry is 1 because if it were 10f it would not be able to interrupt strings(Go see Pig Of The Hut)

the problem is very few people who play raiden play him correctly. hes a footsie character the teleport should be used sparingly to punish movement on prediction.

B W1zZ

Noob
I dont know about people saying Raiden has no bad matchups. I may be biased here but I think hes one of the most overrated characters in the game. I think heavy rushdown characters like Cage, Sonya and Jax give him problems.
Characters like that can give him problems, but that doesn't necessarily make them bad matchups. You would think Sonya is a bad matchup but she's really not, it's even. I can attest to this after playing the likes of Morty's Sonya, Marvaz' Cage, and Tyrant's Jax. At final round I simply didn't adjust to your Sonya playstyle fast enough.

Mind you the Raiden player has to be on point with his spacing, teleports, footsies, and mixups etc with these matchups.

cage can auto correct the fuck out of raiden on purpose which makes that a rough matchup and i think jax isnt on those chars level for rushdown

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Characters like that can give him problems, but that doesn't necessarily make them bad matchups. You would think Sonya is a bad matchup but she's really not, it's even. I can attest to this after playing the likes of Morty's Sonya, Marvaz' Cage, and Tyrant's Jax. At final round I simply didn't adjust to your Sonya playstyle fast enough.

Mind you the Raiden player has to be on point with his spacing, teleports, footsies, and mixups etc with these matchups.
lol ok batman. :)

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I dont know about people saying Raiden has no bad matchups. I may be biased here but I think hes one of the most overrated characters in the game. I think heavy rushdown characters like Cage, Sonya and Jax give him problems.
Raiden is upper Mid Tier. Been going over this with Maxter Cd and CD Jr. This is what i've come up with and I accept the sad reality.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
People come up with these assumptions because people don't play Raiden to his max potential.
I understand you are a great player and you know Raiden inside and out but MAxter has a fantastic Raiden as well and he didn't even use him because he thinks he's not that good. Raiden has always been my main but i've decided to learn 3 more characters and use 4. This may sound weird but until you've played against those guys at VSM a lot, it's hard to see. I always thought raiden was top but after they nerfed his teleport i think he's out of the top ten now. Have you ever played Maxter's cage or Curbo's cage? It's RETARDED. Honestly I think that match is 7 - 3 cage and sonya is a 6 - 4. CSZ is a 6 - 4 as well.

B W1zZ

Noob
I understand you are a great player and you know Raiden inside and out but MAxter has a fantastic Raiden as well and he didn't even use him because he thinks he's not that good. Raiden has always been my main but i've decided to learn 3 more characters and use 4. This may sound weird but until you've played against those guys at VSM a lot, it's hard to see. I always thought raiden was top but after they nerfed his teleport i think he's out of the top ten now. Have you ever played Maxter's cage or Curbo's cage? It's RETARDED. Honestly I think that match is 7 - 3 cage and sonya is a 6 - 4. CSZ is a 6 - 4 as well.
Well in that case Maxter and I are at a disagreement. Raiden is a great character, and I feel he just doesn't want to push him beyond. Saying Raiden is out of the top 10 is just laughable. I haven't had the pleasure of playing against Maxter or Curbo's cage but cage doesn't really scare me. Cage = 5-5, Sonya a possible 5.5/4.5 in Sonya's favor but even for the most part. CSZ is 5-5.