What's new

Mortal Kombat Arcade Compilation

Tim Static

Adminerator
dookiebrain said:
oh, hahaha, it sure as hell fooled me. damn, now this means the real one better look better then this...lmao.

how on earth is this coming out this year when its still being made right now? if they are filming characters right now, then that most likely means the game isnt done yet, i bet it comes out next june which is what i heard the real date is
haha its all good bro. I love your enthusiasm :) But from what i know, filming is done, and all its gonna take now is just basically skinning very old frame with the new sprites. Shouldnt really take that long, but who knows. we'll see :)

soon :p

AC1984

Kaballin!
As far as I remember MK3 was actually done for a short period of time so now considering the latest and most sophisticated technologies it shouldn't be that difficult to to do the same type of game+a lot more details and work for even less time.

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
Awesome! Anyone know what the upper red corner tab says?

Pretty certain it's a demo of MK9 but anyone know the actual text? Looks like 'inclus la demo du something something mortal kombat' (maybe in french?)

wazz

Noob
Goofart said:
Awesome! Anyone know what the upper red corner tab says?

Pretty certain it's a demo of MK9 but anyone know the actual text? Looks like 'inclus la demo du something something mortal kombat' (maybe in french?)
some french girl on twiter has transated what it says in the top corner of the box art and she says

The rumored "box art" of the Euro release of MK HD kollection says at upper right corner in french:"Includes the demo for the upcoming MK"
http://twitter.com/redCassandra555/status/25471488935

AC1984

Kaballin!
From the beginning of those HD game announcements, there have been many alterations to the edition,points of view,ideas MK9 demos and whatever. With all of that I'm starting to convince my self that there is no such thing as HD arcade Collection....The best guess so far for me is from Roguelike:

"Chance of it being from Sony as payback for telling about the PSP2? http://www.thekoalition.com/we-have-a-psp-2-says-developer-netherrealm-studios

The only answer I'm looking for to shut my attention completely is why no one comes with a short statement such as "chill out,we are making the game" or "calm down,there is no such thing". Apparently as Scheiss said its some sort of twisted marketing/business strategy. Whatever it is i makes me sort of angry. As most of you said "I don't care about mk9, but I do for MK HD" then disappointment might be huge.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Yep,the Gamestop thing was so shocking to....I don't know much about gaming and game stores but I've knew the name Gamestop long before i came to the US....I wanna believe that something is actually going on because game stop is the most legit US gaming brand but on the other hand Gamestop did not state anything. Was it a mistake or false rumor for them? I guess we just have to wait and be super annoyed with the whole situation. And also if nothing comes up from the countdown MK page after 11 days for the HD,then I'm pretty sure that its all fake.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Thanks Dookie, the article looks promising. But as the author mentioned: we better see something sooner rather than later....

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I doubt the HD thing is real. It seems like 99% speculation from fans to me.

Not only that, but you DO realize the game won't actually be the same since there are different models, etc? Frames, recovery, hitboxes, it's all going to be different.

Dreamcatcher said:
I doubt the HD thing is real. It seems like 99% speculation from fans to me.

Not only that, but you DO realize the game won't actually be the same since there are different models, etc? Frames, recovery, hitboxes, it's all going to be different.
Thats a good thing imo. It will be almost like having to learn a new game. If I want to play standard mk1/mk2/umk3 I can via mame or ps3/360......i would rather have an altered remake that brings something new to the games rather than just updated visuals.

Skillz

Noob
I hope the arcade emulators of the games will be included, just in case if they manage too #### up the HD versions.

Dammit, I hope they will confirm this game soon.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Not exactly original but that's the way I feel about changing up physical properties because of new visuals.

Cool? Yes. Am I skeptical? Yes.

X820

Noob
Dreamcatcher said:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Not exactly original but that's the way I feel about changing up physical properties because of new visuals.

Cool? Yes. Am I skeptical? Yes.
This pretty much covers my thought about the whole thing from the start.

Why is it a good thing upfront if the games are going to be altered in gameplay anyway? LOL

Like Scheiss mentioned earlier, it's rather shady that no official info or confirmation for that matter has been given, none whatsoever.

Just one article that started this whole thing along with fanboy speculation and photoshop crafts.

I'm hoping this is gonna happen, but unless WB comes out with a press statement we'll have to see where this hype wave is going to land.

Skillz

Noob
Well Prince of Persia HD has been confirmed; http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1125875p1.html

Gives me more hope, because the box art was leaked just like MKHD and the release date is almost the same.

but Im concerned about the bits that it will be a PS3 exclusive and an europe only release. If this will be the same for MKHD, a lot of fans are going to be pissed. Luckily I own a PS3 and live in Europe, but still...

I hope this won't be the case.

EDIT: doh..I Just remembered the Gamestop pre-order so the Europe only release is unlikely