What's new

Mortal Kombat Arcade Compilation

Skillz said:
Well Prince of Persia HD has been confirmed; http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1125875p1.html

Gives me more hope, because the box art was leaked just like MKHD and the release date is almost the same.

but Im concerned about the bits that it will be a PS3 exclusive and an europe only release. If this will be the same for MKHD, a lot of fans are going to be pissed. Luckily I own a PS3 and live in Europe, but still...

I hope this won't be the case.

EDIT: doh..I Just remembered the Gamestop pre-order so the Europe only release is unlikely
Can't really assume this has anything to do with MKHD since the developer and publishers aren't the same.

in a few days we will get to see all trailers for mk1-umk3 HD and mk9. that is what they are doing with that countdown, monday we finally get to see. thats why they havent made anything official ( i believe)

AC1984

Kaballin!
I wish you are right!

P.S. i don't know what makes you think that this countdown has anything to do with the HD remakes...I think that the web site is primarily based on MK9 only.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Skillz said:
Well Prince of Persia HD has been confirmed; http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1125875p1.html

Gives me more hope, because the box art was leaked just like MKHD and the release date is almost the same.

but Im concerned about the bits that it will be a PS3 exclusive and an europe only release. If this will be the same for MKHD, a lot of fans are going to be pissed. Luckily I own a PS3 and live in Europe, but still...

I hope this won't be the case.

EDIT: doh..I Just remembered the Gamestop pre-order so the Europe only release is unlikely
Correct me if im wrong but isnt PS3 region free? I mean even if it is only released in europe, couldnt I order it online and still play it no matter where I am?

Skillz

Noob
I don't believe that the countdown is meant for the HD Kollection. It could be, but chances are bigger it will be the launch of the MK9 website. Hope I'm wrong tough.

I know the Prince of Persia announcement has little to do with MKHD, but one of the things I tought was strange, was the close release date and no official confirmation.

AC1984 said:
I think Euro PS3 do not run USA CD's and the opposite.
Dark_Rob said:
Really? I did not know that. I thought all Blu-rays were region free. hmm Learn something new every day.
Your PS3 will run US or EURO blue ray discs. Its as rob originally thought. Its region free.

This topic came up alot with MKvsDC as the US version was censored and the EURO one was not. So alot of people ended up buying the EURO version for their US PS3. There were so many americans on the EURO servers......made for alot of laggy games :p

ScheissNussen said:
Kind of defeats the whole point of having a countdown if you are just going to change it later. (Nah nevermind still works in their favor, go figure)
I thought I was going nuts on this but they did change it huh? Why they do that.. I thought I made a mis-calculation on my calendar or something.

they added another day because everyone has been calling it "mortal monday" which is NOT the appropriate title of the countdown.

this may be why, "mortal Monday" may actually have a mk trademark behind it from midway (doubt it tho) and if its not called "mortal Monday " on the countdown then its not "mortal Monday". the twitter may have been an accident posted by one of the people on the team, and the correction may have been to add another day. who knows.

all i can say is if the countdown has nothing to do with kollection HD, i am giving up hope on this ascenine bullshit.

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
what the?? Another 15 hours to go? Oh well, not as though the game's gonna be released tomorrow but this better not end up being one big cocktease or I'm afraid the MK riot squad will be out in full force :D Judging by the logo they're using I'm kinda worried any announcements/unveilings will strictly be limited to MK9. Maybe perhaps the rumoured MK HD will be included w/ MK9 if it actually exists?

Goofart said:
WOOT! November 16 = ICARLY JOIN THE CLICK comes out!!!!

....whoops, I meant MK KOLLECTION!! :D [/hopefully]
I just noticed it said, "Mortal Kombat Kollection" minus the "HD" part. Hhmmm..

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
I was at the comp waiting for the countdown with 5 minutes to go, and a big freakin spider crosses the monitor and nearly gave me a heart attack DAMMIT!!!!