What's new

Mortal Kombat Arcade Compilation

X820 said:
They are reshooting everything, my guess is that collisions etc will be different aswell, wich in terms would mean that it would be a dramatic change on how the games will play.
I was concerned about this as well. I think they could do it to almost match the same but it's inevitable that there will be variations in pixels compared to the old sprites. This will in turn modify the hitbox, even if minimally. Just hope it's not too different

dubson

Noob
If it looks anything like Tim posted I can't fuckin wait lol.

Don't just go into it with a negative attitude assuming they will fuck everything up.

Street Fighter 2 HD Remix was re-made with new sprites and new levels, completely re-done and is completely fine.

All we have now is speculation, so let's keep the assumptions at a minimum dude....

Don't get me wrong, I love the old school MK's. But I am all for some HD remix MK's. Why? Because I've been playing the games for over 15 years and would like my games to look better with the changed times. Change is not always bad...

Granted, if it IS garbage, I just won't play it.... like the past like 5 MK games. (Since 4).

Which by the way, it is kinda shitty 4 isn't in this, but I'll still take it.

Tim Static

Adminerator
its not set in stone which consoles it will be on. There is just as a good chance 360 owners will get this as Sony owners.

But actually, i for see a disc based PS3 version while the games will be on XBLA for the 360. but its a guess.....well an educated one!

and thanks Tide! GOOO BUCKS! lol :p

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
dubson said:
If it looks anything like Tim posted I can't fuckin wait lol.

Don't just go into it with a negative attitude assuming they will fuck everything up.

Street Fighter 2 HD Remix was re-made with new sprites and new levels, completely re-done and is completely fine.

All we have now is speculation, so let's keep the assumptions at a minimum dude....

Don't get me wrong, I love the old school MK's. But I am all for some HD remix MK's. Why? Because I've been playing the games for over 15 years and would like my games to look better with the changed times. Change is not always bad...

Granted, if it IS garbage, I just won't play it.... like the past like 5 MK games. (Since 4).

Which by the way, it is kinda shitty 4 isn't in this, but I'll still take it.
Yeah I pretty much feel the same way. I'm still excited regardless, just like I always will be unless the game turns out terrible.

dookiebrain said:
sorry about that guys, i was in the wrong section as well. oops. the release date is set for november 2010?
Have they done a release date yet? I wonder if it will come out before or after mk9.

SSF2THDR came out a few months before SFIV and that seemed to work out pretty well so maybe neatherealm studios are doing something similar time wise.

IceyTruth said:
Have they done a release date yet? I wonder if it will come out before or after mk9.

SSF2THDR came out a few months before SFIV and that seemed to work out pretty well so maybe neatherealm studios are doing something similar time wise.
yeah, word has it that the release is scheduled for next month or november,seriously.

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
this sounds very exciting! I am looking forward to see how they update certain graphic elements such as backgrounds, versus and attraction screens.

Also i wonder if there will be much variation in the individual character animation/poses between parts I, II and 3. I'm sure they're gonna be using the same actor in each series (where applicable) but hopefully their sprites are separate for each game and match their original hitboxes as close as possible.

edit: nice find tim! Looking forward to whacky wednesday!

shit... im guessing ill have too buy ps3 or something too play more people online in mk1 lol... Kaillera is dying anyway when it comes too mk1 and mk2 lately..and aftter this hd release it will be even worse. I guess ill buy it when it comes out... would be fun too jerk around in hd quality.

Tim Static

Adminerator
From what i've been hearing is that they will come to a disc on PS3 and XBLA, with a disc based release for 360 at some point. There is no definite answer to the question yet therefor thats all i got for you all. When i know, you' all will know :)

UMK3 HD Kollection

Am i the only one excited for this?

Why isint there 20 threads about it?

They're releasing an UPDATED VERSION of UMK3 to go along with MK9. All new graphics, maybe new combos and fatalities, I thought this would be a big topic? This is an MK forum, right?

Dark_Rob

Noob
UMK3 HD Kollection

We are all excited for it. But there is nothing to talk about yet. We havent seen so much as a screenshot.

UMK3 HD Kollection

But the fact that they even aknowledge that it's being made....

Remaking all the old MK's, keeping the 2D gameplay, but updating the graphics and netcode........ splooge.

DarkSide said:
But the fact that they even aknowledge that it's being made....

Remaking all the old MK's, keeping the 2D gameplay, but updating the graphics and netcode........ splooge.
they are currently re-filming the actual characters with live actors like they did 20 years ago. this is already confirmed. and word is that the Kollection comes out in Nov. with a playable "mk9" demo.

the kollection will be better then mk9

*the kollection from what i read is PS3 EXCLUSIVE, no kollection for xbox , sorry xbox.
http://shoryuken.com/content/mortal-kombat-kollection-ps3-high-definition-better-than-you-think-1422/