What's new

Mortal Kombat Arcade Compilation

dubson

Noob
http://kotaku.com/5614253/retailer-lists-yanks-mortal-kombat-arcade-comp

Seems to be MK1, MKII and UMK3 all on one disc for the next gen systems.

Doesn't mention online play, so here's to hoping all the crazy MK heads will do work and bombard midway and Ed Boon's twitter page, and Ed Boon's wife and whoever the fuck you can to get them to include it with a pimp ass online set-up with lobbies and leaderboards, etc.

I'm just hoping its done right and not just a shitty rushed out product to boost MK9, whenever they both come out.

I will buy them both day 1 regardless tho. :p

Cheers.

NoDoubt

nasty
sweet, yea this looks pretty tasty. Like someone commented, it better have online play and customizable control/button settings. It would prob be my pot of gold.

dubson

Noob
Wow thats pretty awesome, seeing new actors in the old MK's in crispy HD will be cool.

I wonder if cage will still rock the old school nike air force's or if he will be sporting some more modern kicks...

This should be pretty cool.

Once again, lets hope they don't fuck it up....

dubson

Noob
If it has online play and they don't fuck it up, this could sell.... A LOT.

Can't wait for MK9 either.

:D

ScheissNussen said:
Yeah I'd find it hard to believe that there won't be online play now.
Can't wait to see how this turns out. I'd rather play something like this than MK9.
I doubt they would leave out the online portion. If it really is Backbone doing the compliation, then they already have the netcode for UMK3 and MK2 done, they would just have to port it over to their new UI or whatever.

ZBEP

Noob
Sad that there's no MKT, but, anyways, it sounds nice. I would buy this even if it wouldn't have online mode.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
I hope they also offer the option to set the graphics back to old school if they really use new actors.
Ill buy it for sure cause i cant wait for MK9 anymore^^

RyuKazuya said:
I hope they also offer the option to set the graphics back to old school if they really use new actors.
Ill buy it for sure cause i cant wait for MK9 anymore^^
What if it comes out after MK9?

S

SuGaR

I want them to get rid of the leave game option, I want to have the satisfaction of making you turn off your Xbox or PS3 after I rape you.

NoDoubt

nasty
Derek said:
I want them to get rid of the leave game option, I want to have the satisfaction of making you turn off your Xbox or PS3 after I rape you.
lol that would be legit !

This HD talk is just a little risky...im just worried about all the changes that will prob happen like hit boxes, different bodies...effecting gameplay. All the technical crap, but if anything, letz hope they fix whatever's "broken" in the game and possibly take out some cheap infinite's as well.

Havin the option to go back to the classic actors would also be legit..

X820

Noob
How "neat" all this HD stuff is going to look, it doesn't take away from the fact that recapturing all the moves 15 years later will change collision boxes and thus imo no way you'll be playing the same game.

Altering moves, priorities and hit limits would also change the games as we know them dramatically.

Here's hoping for something great, but imo 'eye candy' always comes at a price.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Derek said:
That's like making cars that govern at 75 MPH or CD's with volume limits. Some things should just be accepted, not mentioned every time you post. lol

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I really hope this won't be different as far as collision and normals because the actors are different. Maybe I'm confused as to what HD means because if there's new actors then does that mean the hitboxes and everything will be the same?

X820

Noob
Dreamcatcher said:
I really hope this won't be different as far as collision and normals because the actors are different. Maybe I'm confused as to what HD means because if there's new actors then does that mean the hitboxes and everything will be the same?
They are reshooting everything, my guess is that collisions etc will be different aswell, wich in terms would mean that it would be a dramatic change on how the games will play.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Fix the mk2 ps3 problems and also ensure you can choose your own rooms and not have to worry about lobby squatters.

Put the player name underneath the life bar.

Allow voice chat

Change the ranking systems to reflect win/loss, not win streaks.