What's new

Mortal Kombat Arcade Compilation

yep so far its exclusive to PS3 only, we win,yay.

"At this time, the Mortal Kombat HD Kollection has only been confirmed for a release on the Playstation 3. The game is listed at a suggested retail retail price of $39.99."

Hey my bad about the new thread, i get excited sometimes herrr herr derp

November is the release date? My face just melted.

There's no way it's gonna be PS3 exclusive btw. Why would it be? I'm sure all the MK titles have sold just as well if not better on the 360 and UMK3 has enough players that they finally patched it a while ago.

DarkSide said:
There's no way it's gonna be PS3 exclusive btw. Why would it be? I'm sure all the MK titles have sold just as well if not better on the 360 and UMK3 has enough players that they finally patched it a while ago.
who knows, but yes, its a ps3 exclusive at this point. multiple articles point to that infromation,even this early on it could change,but if they say its exclusive,most likely it will be.

why was umk3 exclusive to 360? there is no logic behind that either. dont expect it to be on 360, cause it might not be.

ScheissNussen said:
I get what you are saying but UMK3 wasn't a brand new game either though. And this game is intended to reach "an new audience" so we'll see. I think it would be a dumb move for them to not release it on both systems, and even Wii if it doesn't have online play.

I definitely wouldn't write off 360 by any means, especially since it is a net driven machine. More games are downloaded on xbl, more videos, more everything, and piracy is easier for disc titles than the limited few that can pirate xbla games.

We haven't seen any direct announcement from WB either, so it technically isn't even official yet. I'd be surprised and disappointed if it wasn't on xb.
true true. of course the kollection will be online, who in their right mind said it wasnt?

X820

Noob
Before it was taken down (due to early announcement) Game Mania had both ps3 and xbox listed, but who knows..

Tim Static

Adminerator
DarkSide said:
it's multi-platform until proven otherwise.
The way i see it right now, its just a project that isnt done yet. once we know more, we'll go from there.

Fact is, it would be a terribly stupid busniess decision to make it PS3 only. But regardless, we have to be patience until we find out more info, which i hope is very soon.

I am still more psyched for this than MK9

MK Kollection, altered game mechanics? inevitable?

most of us are only seeing the "HD" portion of the Kollection. however i think there maybe (potentially) way more to this then merely HD graphics.

im thinking and wondering how the game mechanics will change in mk1-umk3, WB is re-filming the characters like they did 20 years ago currently at the moment. this in my mind would highly alter the game. what i would like to know is:

1. since they are taking the time to film new characters, wouldnt this mean that added moves would be included? i highly doubt this is just HD.

2. are they using streetfighter HD as a role model? meaning, streetfighter HD had new mechanics and new moves etc....

3. how will re-filming all the characters change the gameplay?

4. will re-filming the characters FORCE a change in gameplay?

what do you guys think? im way more concerned with this then "mk9"

this could be epic beyond anything we know and dreamed of, or it could be a broken nightmare. what is going to happen?

discuss.....

ded

Elder God

i want to give it a try of course but i'm not that much excited, lazy wb, i want mk4 arcade hd remix with online play....

AC1984

Kaballin!

If its filmed actors then it should be nice....IMO even if the game play and hitting areas are different,that's fine because it would be like a new game to learn. As far as brokenness no one know what the game is gonna look and play like...Lets just wait and see....Also unlike the 3d animated games I'm not sure that they will be able to patch a game like mk1,2 or 3....lets just hope they test it enough.

X820

Noob
ScheissNussen said:
If you are holding block and you press punch, you should punch yourself in the head and take off 7% health since your fist is near your face.
LOL..

I hope kara jabs remain in the game tbh, I want the EXACT same mechanics as in the original, but that is impossible.

On a sidenote guys:

I just talked to a guy who works at a gameshop and he just placed an order with his supplier for the HD kollection, PS3 only thus far......

He said that new releases are in the system months prior to it's release and there is no listing for the xbox 360.

it is highly likely that kara jabs will be in the game (i think) considering they are on mk1-umk3 on every version and port ever made. maybe infinites should be addressed instead.

i dont know what to expect, my main question is will there be even 1 added move to anyone? this is crazy, mk9 can take a back seat in my book until the kollection hits, that seems to spark way more of an interest then mk9 for me.

Dark_Rob

Noob
AC1984 said:
I hope BLK doesn't work together with HP or LP....as a Kara jab yes...
It would be nice if that were the case but I dont see how it could be. From a players point of view its very easy for us to see the difference between a kara jab and the all defense jabs. But how would the game know the difference? Since the all defense jabs are really just mashed out kara jabs, there is no difference to the game.
And if they tried to limit it by disabling block after a certain amount of jabs how many would it be? 2? 3? 10? 20?
Depending on whether it was 2 or 20 would make a big difference. And if they get rid of it all together I think that would mean bye bye kara jab as well.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Good point Shceiss....I didnt think that they can actually repeat...but after all you get little chance to do something against it(or against Kabal to be more particular, take the spin away from that dumb fuck and the glitch jabs wont even matter)...or may be put a timer on when it can be repeated again...like Kitanas fan....idk,whatever they make i hope its nice,cool and fresh.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Well as i sent txt's out to all my MK peeps this morning around 10am-ish, i was the first to report this :)

http://twitter.com/MKEmpirescom/status/25033151337

But i was able to pre-order the MK HD arcade compilation at about 10am this morning, probably the first person on the planet to do lol. PS3 only at this time, but via my connections, this wont come to a 360 disc, but rather a download on XBL arcade. :)

stay tuned!

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=84363

So take $10 to your nearest Gamestop and pre-order both this MK HD arcade compilation and MK9!!! support 2d MK!!!

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
nice job tim!! Can't wait for the first leaked screens :)

mebbe I'll finally get to play scheiss at mk2 lol

AC1984

Kaballin!
i left 5 bucks for deposit one hour ago and my receit clearly says MORTAL KOMBAT HD...and the "sorry" page has been there since this morning so i guess its still good.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Chill out Shane, lol. its a fake. I actually posted the original pic on page 2 or 3 of this thread, but its a fan made PS job from a couple years ago :)

Tim Static

Adminerator
ScheissNussen said:
Did they cancel your order Tim? It's not showing up anymore for me.
In a perfect world PS3 would just be the one that leaked first.

yea the site removed it, but my pre-order is still good. Simon pre-ordered it tonight with no problem. we'll see whats going on tomorrow but i expect to see something official very soon!

Tim Static said:
Chill out Shane, lol. its a fake. I actually posted the original pic on page 2 or 3 of this thread, but its a fan made PS job from a couple years ago :)

oh, hahaha, it sure as hell fooled me. damn, now this means the real one better look better then this...lmao.

how on earth is this coming out this year when its still being made right now? if they are filming characters right now, then that most likely means the game isnt done yet, i bet it comes out next june which is what i heard the real date is