What's new

Mortal Kombat Arcade Compilation

Dark_Rob

Noob
Victor The Red said:
Will MK4 be added....it was on arcade
Hey why not. Since this whole thing is a fantasy so far we might as well throw MK4 on it to. And for the first 1000 people that preorder Il throw in a DLC code for MK:gold to. :D

Tim Static

Adminerator
Victor The Red said:
Will MK4 be added....it was on arcade
Dark_Rob said:
Hey why not. Since this whole thing is a fantasy so far we might as well throw MK4 on it to. And for the first 1000 people that preorder Il throw in a DLC code for MK:gold to. :D
I wish it was. Your right, it was an arcade game. But even today, 2011, it has never been fully emulated (the actual arcade rom)

Just got word that the rumored big announcement on Tuesday is supposedly going to be the Mortal Kombat HD Kollection. Since I cannot even begin to tell you how badly I'm looking forward to this, here's hoping it's true.

Tim Static said:
I wish it was. Your right, it was an arcade game. But even today, 2011, it has never been fully emulated (the actual arcade rom)
They could just use the shitty N64 or PSX version and be lazy.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Davey_8000 said:
They could just use the shitty N64 or PSX version and be lazy.
The PSX version is shitty. The N64 is playable at least, given its the closest to arcade version, just sped up.

Dark_Rob

Noob
At this point I would honestly be satisfied if they would release original Arcade perfect ports of MK1,MK2,UMK3 via PSN and XBL with configurable buttons. It would make it so much easier to run MK2 and UMK3 at tournaments if we didnt have to spend an hour configuring MAME.

I dont have much faith in this mythical MKHD collection though.

Dark_Rob said:
At this point I would honestly be satisfied if they would release original Arcade perfect ports of MK1,MK2,UMK3 via PSN and XBL with configurable buttons. It would make it so much easier to run MK2 and UMK3 at tournaments if we didnt have to spend an hour configuring MAME.

I dont have much faith in this mythical MKHD collection though.
This. Though I believe if and when we are to see this much rumored "kollection" it will be after MK9. If MK9 is a hit, the suits up at WB Games will likely want to rush out whatever MK properties they have on hand to milk the proverbial cash cow. Like Rob, I doubt that we will receive an HD remake the likes of SSFTHDR (...jesus that a long acronym) but rather arcade based ports either cobbled together on a disc or via download.

Not really related cool little factoid I woke up to:

@noobde RT @LittleMofreaky Why hasn't MKII ever been released on DS? Noobde: MK Ultimate was originally MK2,MK3 and Puzzle Kombat. MK2 was dropped.