What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Justice For Erron Black

CaptainCM

Certified trash
If winning shit is any indication, then Erron has had his fair share of winning in comparison to the rest of the cast, since release.
That's really fucking sad, because that's EXACTLY how this game is being balanced. One person winning with a character is an anecdotal evidence, not an indication of a character being good or bad. And that goes for any character.

If winning shit is any indication, then Erron has had his fair share of winning in comparison to the rest of the cast, since release.
I don't get what point you're trying to prove with this post?
As in do you mean that he shouldn't get changes because he's had a fair share of toournament winnings before or what ? I'm confused

Noob
Name someone who has won a tournament with Erron that is not named sonic fox and is after the 2nd patch of the game.........Better yet, even anyone who's made top 8?

xGunshow won after the SOS2 buff. Wasnt a major tournament though.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Im having not too many issues using f1 and connecting however, I condition with lows and space it really well before using the string anyhow. I believe cd jr explained how the overhead was still fine in one of his streams awhile back; using it for shimmying.

Like @The Farmer said, 11b3 is bunz, all the players I know crossover full combo punish that string when i use it; which is why I havent used it since like 3 patches ago.

Also b2 tick is nice, not many people see it coming and your safe on hit; since its like plus 50 something I believe.

Gunslinger is still viable and strong in current meta. outlaw and marksman are useless.
Wtf does CDJR know about MKX?? He bailed on this game almost a year ago.. been back a week. His opinion is irrelevant.

In my opinion... Lol

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
I don't get what point you're trying to prove with this post?
As in do you mean that he shouldn't get changes because he's had a fair share of toournament winnings before or what ? I'm confused
What's the point of skewing discussions on a video game forum?

YOUR GUY brought up winning tournaments. Talking about how Erron won't be winning anything anymore. I'm just saying, that if that means something, then wasn't Erron uber top tier on every version? No, he wasn't, so why does that matter?

Stop giving stupid reasons for why this character sucks. Triborg's overhead still works fine in real games, yet 1 more frame is somehow 10/10 reactable?

A lot of the communities on this site are TERRIBLE tbh. I'm starting to think they want their character to be bad. It sucks to see the Erron community going down that road, as well.

Edit: I think Erron is bottom 5 for the record. I just hate to see such an optimism drought. What is this the Bo/Tanya community?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
And yeah EB as a whole, all variations considered is most likely the worst in the game. Marksman and Outlaw are bad imo but I think there are still good pros to gunslinger.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The Johnny and Sub forums work stuff out, at least.

You can present tech to the Tanya/Bo forums and they'll be like "nah dats gimmicks", when the shit works offline lol.
Sub community is pretty bad but we do talk to each other and work with each other at least. It's gotten a lot lot lot better than it used to, but that could just be because Sub is top tier again.

Iv never been in the Tanya and Bo forums too much.

Erron community is honestly pretty good, I'd be pretty salty too if my character suddenly became a one variation character. I don't think EB is garbage, the game is actually pretty balanced now imo but I know that's not what anyone wants to hear.

Tweedy

Noob
Sub community is pretty bad but we do talk to each other and work with each other at least. It's gotten a lot lot lot better than it used to, but that could just be because Sub is top tier again.

Iv never been in the Tanya and Bo forums too much.

Erron community is honestly pretty good, I'd be pretty salty too if my character suddenly became a one variation character. I don't think EB is garbage, the game is actually pretty balanced now imo but I know that's not what anyone wants to hear.
I understand.

My biggest frustration with Kenshi is that his other two variations are so average and uninteresting.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I understand.

My biggest frustration with Kenshi is that his other two variations are so average and uninteresting.
Yeah it was like that with Sub up till this patch. GM was Sub's best option in literally every MU. GM is still where it's at mostly, he's top 5 imo, but Unbreakable and especially Cryo are very very good and can be used in some of GM's bad matchups(think Takeda) more effectively than GM can be vs those characters, its pretty cool. Sub was top tier at 3 different points in the games life imo(this patch included) but he is by far the most interesting now because all 3 variations are useful.

I can't get into Kenshi or Raiden cuz all the money is in Possessed and Displacer only. Just less fun, I only stuck with how tedious Sub used to be because I have no time to play anymore so I can't learn a totally new character, but this patch gave me two more spins on the one I already know.

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
Yea cuz Erron n Triborg have the same overhead with the exact same frame data...right
Triborg has a more viable 50-50 type offense, which is the only reason his slow OH works. EB has a low, but the range is so short that it isn't really a good mix up with his OH in most circumstances.

It isn't just that EBs OH is easily reactable, it's that the circumstances of its use are obvious, and there is really only one string of blocks required to stop anything that is coming off the OH. Once the OH is blocked you block low for anything coming next, and you know when the OH is coming based on distance and motion.

Triborg, on the other hand, has multiple options from the same range, and the animations are similar. EB has nothing like that.

What's the point of skewing discussions on a video game forum?

YOUR GUY brought up winning tournaments. Talking about how Erron won't be winning anything anymore. I'm just saying, that if that means something, then wasn't Erron uber top tier on every version? No, he wasn't, so why does that matter?

Stop giving stupid reasons for why this character sucks. Triborg's overhead still works fine in real games, yet 1 more frame is somehow 10/10 reactable?

A lot of the communities on this site are TERRIBLE tbh. I'm starting to think they want their character to be bad. It sucks to see the Erron community going down that road, as well.

Edit: I think Erron is bottom 5 for the record. I just hate to see such an optimism drought. What is this the Bo/Tanya community?
his oh has hitbox issues though that's my only issue with it , the f1 can whiff when you do it off slide sometimes for example. I don't really mind the slow overhead because that means he can be buffed in other parts now.

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
his oh has hitbox issues though that's my only issue with it , the f1 can whiff when you do it off slide sometimes for example. I don't really mind the slow overhead because that means he can be buffed in other parts now.
Isn't it a bit late in the game cycle to expect buffs to compensate for a recent change?

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
It's not. they said that it's not the final game version and that they will still update it. even if not it's still worth it to voice out our opinions on it.
Ok, good to know. In that case I really hope they make some adjustments. The general changes they made are too significant to simply leave as is without more fine tuning.