What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Justice For Erron Black

Tweedy

Noob
Why are tiers so important if you're not a top level player? If you don't even understand hit advantage?

I feel like this game isn't old enough. Even the top level players don't play match ups out the way that they should be.

If I weren't traveling and competing I wouldn't care at all about match ups or whatever. I'd actually probably prefer if my character were low tier so i'd have a bigger dick to swing around when I win.

Sorry if you don't like this post. I'm just genuinely curious, why do people who do not compete, or don't even know frame data, care so much about something that only has meaning at the highest level of play, that might not even exist on mortal kombat x yet.

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
Why are tiers so important if you're not a top level player? If you don't even understand hit advantage?

I feel like this game isn't old enough. Even the top level players don't play match ups out the way that they should be.

If I weren't traveling and competing I wouldn't care at all about match ups or whatever. I'd actually probably prefer if my character were low tier so i'd have a bigger dick to swing around when I win.

Sorry if you don't like this post. I'm just genuinely curious, why do people who do not compete, or don't even know frame data, care so much about something that only has meaning at the highest level of play, that might not even exist on mortal kombat x yet.
I think a new thread with your question would be more appropriate.

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
wait, u can meterlessly OS them? how?
If you quickly let go of block while ducking and block again in time for the next hit, the command grab will whiff. If they don't go for the command grab you'll just be blocking the next string/special.
Erron can fuck up the option select with EX BF3 so it's not entirely guaranteed.

carrion4worm

king of the underground
Quick- Everybody stop what they're discussing and let the little ego-maniac make this thread about him.

I swear there should be a "top tier spammer" tier list...

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

For me it's not about Erron being bad or what have you it is just very puzzling the way he was handled. I don't have the time, drive, and very likely lack the talent to be a top player but I still play every once in a while. Having the way you play a character for over a year be completely ruined is still a thing for anyone at a mediocre or above level of play. I think the frustration about why what was probably a bottom ten character was balanced this way especially in the context of how characters who were already better barely got touched.

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
If the Erron player suspects that you will neutral duck his tick throw, he can cancel into ex sand grenade instead to launch you. Since this takes meter it obviously can't be done every time, but if they notice you're ducking the grab every time, it's an option.
This doesn't work against the option select block-release. If Erron does the tick throw he will wiff, and if he does the EX Sand Grenade it will be blocked.

The timing on the block-release isn't even difficult; all you have to do is flutter your block after the second hit of 21122. It is the same timing to block EX SandGrenade, dodge the tackle, and block the third hit if it is coming. Go to the practice lab and you'll have it down in less than 3 minutes.

This doesn't work against the option select block-release. If Erron does the tick throw he will wiff, and if he does the EX Sand Grenade it will be blocked.

The timing on the block-release isn't even difficult; all you have to do is flutter your block after the second hit of 21122. It is the same timing to block EX SandGrenade, dodge the tackle, and block the third hit if it is coming. Go to the practice lab and you'll have it down in less than 3 minutes.
The worst thing about this 'tech' is that it works for more than just tick throws. OS Pokes, OS neutral duck regular throws in hit advantage. In my personal opinion, such OSs aren't healthy for the game, but neither are how tick throws and some pressure work either.

Do you think that they should remove this OS (if that is even possible) or help Erron's grab game in some other way?

Let's not forget that Smoke's B2 is literally the same speed as Erron's F2. Granted it doesn't quite have the same range but basically what I'm saying is speed isn't everything when it comes to mids
I greatly love your optimism and wit, but I don't really consider those two moves comparable since it's supplemented by Smoke's other normals. Not knocking it though, EB f2 is genuinely serviceable.

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
The worst thing about this 'tech' is that it works for more than just tick throws. OS Pokes, OS neutral duck regular throws in hit advantage. In my personal opinion, such OSs aren't healthy for the game, but neither are how tick throws and some pressure work either.

Do you think that they should remove this OS (if that is even possible) or help Erron's grab game in some other way?
I thought Erron's grab game was fine before they removed most of the tick throw options were removed. The OSes still worked but he had more opportunities to keep them guessing.

I don't like how tick throws are implemented in general in this game, though. Being that they are in, however, I think they should have left EB alone.