What's new

How do you feel about MKX?

When you think about MKX...

• Total voters

MORDECA1

Noob
For real though, think about how great MKX would be if they added an expansion pack with 5 characters/Tag/Stages and patched the netcode. It would be the greatest game ever made basically.

VOR

Noob
It's a great game, although the net code is from a different universe. A lot of what people complain about being 50/50s aren't true 50/50's take meter, aren't safe, or fit the meta of the character, not doing as mush damage. I think the variation system missed the mark. Would've been more interested in stance changes or expanded/modified movelists. i feel the game would be a shitload less linear if more tools were being used during a match.

Last edited:

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
overall i like it, but a few things irk me. For example the window to tech throws being waaaay to small. Also, just how 50/50 centric this game is, is rediculous. why does every character and t heir mom need a 50/50? Should have more characters who pressure you through use of frame traps, fast normals and will attempt to open you up to their overhead via low pokes and or footsies. No low starter.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
You do understand that girls typically are slimmer than boys right? Do you want everyone to have man bodies lol.
What kind of statement is this?

They can be smaller with same hurtbox as men

You want logic? Big characters shouldn't be moved (like sorcerer armour) by half the moves a female character does

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
MKX is better because it doesn't have such broken characters like Kabal or Cyrax.

Look at MKX tournaments. Everyone play with different characters. Not only 3 or 4. Meter managment is more important. I like MKX a lot. MK9 was also very bugged.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Pisses me off b'cause -> breathing hitboxes and yet another poor netplay.

Other then that, I'm trying to enjoy it as much as I can. And I'm doing pretty good so far.

ANSHOXX

What if?
Its kinda frustrating. There are way too many blockstrings and 50/50s in this game, the frame data is useless sometimes cause its impossible to hit frames perfectly online with the shitty netcode. Characters with blockstrings or very fast strings are hard to beat, even if u know how to kill them offline.

But nevertheless I love the game lol :p

Titanman_88

Adamantium Addiction
Lol such a silly comment

Top players like DJT,Sonic Fox, Yomi, Foxy etc are all just lucky I suppose?
Lol such a silly comment considering flipping a coin isn't luck its probability/chance. All those top players still have to guess right in the corner just like the rest of us. They just do it better.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Besides CT Kano, they aren't anyone's main structure (I think). But they are unmistakably present in this game. More so than in most fighting games.
Well you can't really say that when other game have cross ups which is a whole new ball game of mix ups that we don't have to worry about. Yeah we have some bullshit 50/50 Vortex like Quan, Necro Shinnok. Raiden and Ermac, but I feel in this game fundamentals beats 50/50 and the consistent top 8s prove that point, there is a fair share of 50/50s but nothing too Batgirl like imo

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Lol such a silly comment considering flipping a coin isn't luck its probability. All those top players still have to guess right just like the rest of us.
Such a silly reply
Luck is a figure of speech of course I know it's probability lol. If it's that easy how come you ain't top 8 at any majors? What did you guess wrong all them times? Cause that's not probable to constantly guess wrong

Edit
Actually dude let me take that back I'm being a dickhead, it's just hyperbolic comments annoy me, apologies I could of disagreed in a better manner

Last edited:

Samsara

Resident Cynic
What I like: character designs (D'Vorah, Ferra/Torr, Erron Black); the off line tourny scene and the talent it attracts, relatively low barrier of entry for newer members to the fgc; the variation system in its concept is laudable.

What I Can't stand: hardly any stages, scorpion:10 skins dvorah/kotal and co.just get 1; the stale and oppressively offensive meta of the game, the absolutely insufferable netplay, the faction system, test your luck (the fuck you do this intead of tag or create a fighter?), pointless variations and NRSs tendancy to patch in or release broken characters and 7-3/8-2 matchups.

Buff netcode, give dvorah a new skin, breaker doesn't deplete stamina= better game