What's new

How do you feel about MKX?

When you think about MKX...

• Total voters

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Online is a deal breaker. As much as I love other elements of the game, I'm dropping it as soon as SFV comes out and that will be one reason and one reason only - netcode more abysmal than tremor.

Mitsuownes

Grandmaster of the Shirai-Ryu
I have an idea for all of you who can't enjoy the game because of online, like it's the only feature in the game:

- Sell MKX
- Buy a game with "better netcode"
- ???
- Delete your TYM account.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
I have an idea for all of you who can't enjoy the game because of online, like it's the only feature in the game:

- Sell MKX
- ???
Come on, daaaawwwg. Online really is the only option for a lot of dudes. Why can't we plea for a better online experience? There's no harm in wanting this game to be better.

Mitsuownes

Come on, daaaawwwg. Online really is the only option for a lot of dudes. Why can't we plea for a better online experience? There's no harm in wanting this game to be better.
That is not what I am saying. If you are giving proper feedback, than it's fine and I feel you. Like the guys with the petition.

But I wish all those morons would just leave the FGC and join maybe MMO's where their flame would be unnoticed.

Don't like the game, sell it, burn it, whatever. Just stay away.

Xev

Noob
I absolutely love this game! Downside is more and more people locally are stopping for one reason or another which is a sad maker. Really wish online was better then I would at least play that some =/

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader

- Sell MKX
- ???
I'd be damned if I'm gonna sell my game when I bought the kombat pack! But ro feal, nothing wrong with wanting this game to be the best it can be, online is my main option, and it's poopbuttass

haketh

Noob
That is not what I am saying. If you are giving proper feedback, than it's fine and I feel you. Like the guys with the petition.

But I wish all those morons would just leave the FGC and join maybe MMO's where their flame would be unnoticed.

Don't like the game, sell it, burn it, whatever. Just stay away.
You'll note that online is a huge thing for people in the FGC nowadays and it's extremely important

Mitsuownes

You'll note that online is a huge thing for people in the FGC nowadays and it's extremely important
It is and always was for me aswell.

But I don't blame the game or open a thread about the netcode everytime I lose online. It will probably never be like offline, live with that.

If you are trying to make a change, then great! But if you are just spreading the flame, then to hell with you. It's easy as that.

gam224

The world's least hype player
Mkx is a great game but needs improvement in some system changes (too offensive) and could use some balance changes but overall i am happy with Mkx and the money i spent on it.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I'm loving mkx. Like many others I get frustrated with online that my main complaint. It not to bad very often but when it is and I can't punish sloppy play I wanna start breaking my controller.

But soon work will slow down enough for me to make the drive to locals so I can start playing the game for real and not have to make online my main source of gameplay

boy_wunda

birdie boys unite

- Sell MKX
- ???
This is kind of a silly attitude to have. Sure online isn't the only feature in the game, but 99.9% of people who buy fighting games do so in order to compete with other people. If you don't have a local scene (which many people, myself included, don't) then online is really the only way to compete. If the netcode is garbage that is pretty game breaking, because that means you basically have no reason to play. As far as people being critical of other aspects of the game's mechanics, I'm sure most of us want the game to be successful/live up to expectations. However, if the game isn't living up to said expectations it is only natural to air those grievances on a forum that (I think) holds some weight in the NRS community. This way developers and others can hear our criticisms and reference them in the future. Telling people to "sell the game etc" so you can live in some fantasy world where everyone pretends the game is flawless is tantamount to telling someone to move out of their country if they are critical of its policies. It's an unrealistic and quite dumb solution.

Mitsuownes

This is kind of a silly attitude to have. Sure online isn't the only feature in the game, but 99.9% of people who buy fighting games do so in order to compete with other people. If you don't have a local scene (which many people, myself included, don't) then online is really the only way to compete. If the netcode is garbage that is pretty game breaking, because that means you basically have no reason to play. As far as people being critical of other aspects of the game's mechanics, I'm sure most of us want the game to be successful/live up to expectations. However, if the game isn't living up to said expectations it is only natural to air those grievances on a forum that (I think) holds some weight in the NRS community. This way developers and others can hear our criticisms and reference them in the future. Telling people to "sell the game etc" so you can live in some fantasy world where everyone pretends the game is flawless is tantamount to telling someone to move out of their country if they are critical of its policies. It's an unrealistic and quite dumb solution.
I'm at no point saying this game is perfect. But how is creating a thread with the title "NRS fix netcode" everyday a solution? I bet that about 70% are blaming the netcode without right. The connection is depending on just too much.

Sure, I am also dropping combos, getting freezes, disconnections. But I am playing people around the world who are possibly downloading stuff, playing at McDonalds or using switches.

Welcome to online. No game has perfect netcode and I have never seen a "community" complain like this.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I absolutely love it.

Action packed, footsies, and you gotta be fast and on your toes.

Downside: The worst possible cast was chosen. Too many families and no one gives a fuck about Lui Kane.

boy_wunda

birdie boys unite
I'm at no point saying this game is perfect. But how is creating a thread with the title "NRS fix netcode" everyday a solution? I bet that about 70% are blaming the netcode without right. The connection is depending on just too much.

Sure, I am also dropping combos, getting freezes, disconnections. But I am playing people around the world who are possibly downloading stuff, playing at McDonalds or using switches.

Welcome to online. No game has perfect netcode and I have never seen a "community" complain like this.
The netcode seems pretty terrible, KI would be an example of a game with really solid netcode. However, one thing that I think more people need to take into consideration (as you mentioned) is that a lot more people are playing the game this time around (myself included, this is the first MK game I've ever played). So that means that you will have a lot more "casuals" playing on their parents WiFi while Mom and Dad are watching Netflix. Playing at McDonalds seems a bit far-fetched to me, but maybe I'm just out of touch with reality lol. Either way, the point is that you have a bigger fanbase now, and not all of them care enough to get off WiFi or take any necessary steps to ensure they have a good connection. So it is only natural that lag will be a bigger issue this time around. With all that being said, I think that is something NRS need to seriously consider for their next game. Now that they know they will have a bigger fanbase, they should take all necessary steps to ensure the online experience is top notch.

virtiqaL

Noob
I was actually very conflicted on how I felt about this game until I picked up Takeda. I think my problem was finding a character that suited my playstyle and didn't feel completely braindead/coinflip-based like many characters in this game seem to be. Now that I've found that, I can pretty much say that I enjoy the game more than MK9 overall.

Of course, like most others, I would love to see improved netcode. I can only dream of the day when my favorite fighting game franchise actually has a respectable netcode...

Oh, and, I'd like to see further balancing, obviously. Once the DLC chars get normalized then I'll be pretty much completely satisfied with the game.

Mitsuownes

The netcode seems pretty terrible, KI would be an example of a game with really solid netcode. However, one thing that I think more people need to take into consideration (as you mentioned) is that a lot more people are playing the game this time around (myself included, this is the first MK game I've ever played). So that means that you will have a lot more "casuals" playing on their parents WiFi while Mom and Dad are watching Netflix. Playing at McDonalds seems a bit far-fetched to me, but maybe I'm just out of touch with reality lol. Either way, the point is that you have a bigger fanbase now, and not all of them care enough to get off WiFi or take any necessary steps to ensure they have a good connection. So it is only natural that lag will be a bigger issue this time around. With all that being said, I think that is something NRS need to seriously consider for their next game. Now that they know they will have a bigger fanbase, they should take all necessary steps to ensure the online experience is top notch.
Beautiful. If everyone would approach this issue like you are, I think we even might have a chance getting results.

To clear this up, I am not upset with people speaking about a bad netcode, it's just the way they are saying it and what message they try to send.

FYI: If someone you're playing is lagging like crazy, you speak of "McDonalds Wifi" ;)

haketh

Noob
You didn't see the KOF XIII community pre Steam release, or the UMVC3 community, or any community in the last 5+ years that has had to deal with subpar online. No one is asking for perfect, just playable online people can use from. Each extra thread that pops up to flame NRS for it the better.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
It is and always was for me aswell.

But I don't blame the game or open a thread about the netcode everytime I lose online. It will probably never be like offline, live with that.

If you are trying to make a change, then great! But if you are just spreading the flame, then to hell with you. It's easy as that.
No one expects it to play like online, but people want the best for it. Compared to KI or Skullgirls the online is actually abysmal. Hell, even compared to a 6 year old SF it's poor. I've been a fan of MK since I was in elementary school. That will never change.

P.S. I tried eggs and tuna.....it was amazing and surprisingly filling.

boy_wunda

birdie boys unite
Beautiful. If everyone would approach this issue like you are, I think we even might have a chance getting results.

To clear this up, I am not upset with people speaking about a bad netcode, it's just the way they are saying it and what message they try to send.

FYI: If someone you're playing is lagging like crazy, you speak of "McDonalds Wifi" ;)
Yeah I just started posting here but I can imagine seeing the same thread every week addressing the same issue could get tiresome. Also, thanks for clearing up the McDonalds slang lol

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
We need to find a a way to make bad player's opinions appear in smaller text than default, so everybody knows to not take them as seriously.
This game is great. If you can't adapt to this new type of game, try a different character or try not complaining.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Some of you guys need to get this.
You don't get upset when people complain about their new Tv having a few dead pixels.
They aren't going to roll over and just accept something they aren't satisfied with.
Yeah really. Think I'd give a fuck if some game I didn't like had bad netcode/online connectivity/INPUT LAG/whatever the fuck you wanna call it.
People complain about it because they actually love the game. Why my favorite franchise's and current game's online has to be worse than anything I've ever experienced in online gaming in my entire life, and I'm supposed to be like "It's all good man [I'm super cool so I'm not gonna "cry" about it"] NRS can't improve it with their BILLIONS of dollars, I can accept that.

Fuck that!

Last edited: