What's new

How do you feel about MKX?

When you think about MKX...

• Total voters

MORDECA1

Noob
Tag Team. Stages. A better rank for the ranked playlists. NETCODE. ummmm.... Spawn and some other characters uhhh... and a Kotal Kahn skin and stuff.

Mitsuownes

Grandmaster of the Shirai-Ryu
Hey, I just lost because of lag. Let's push all threads regarding the bad netcode, make a few new ones and boycott NRS!!11

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Hey, I just lost because of lag. Let's push all threads regarding the bad netcode, make a few new ones and boycott NRS!!11
So, are you like, being this ignorant and assholey on purpose or do you not realize that the netcode is bad and a company like WB/NRS that rakes in hella dough should REALLY have a FG with better netcode by now? And i know you're gonna talk about all the casuals and their walmart connections and while that is true some of the time, i have seen/been part of many matches that were in bad connection even when i know the other player and i have a good connection and im sure that's the case for other people on here as well

Last edited:

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I like the game a lot. Part of this is all the characters I like are pretty fucking good. I think their is plenty of diversity in play style and i actually enjoy the spacing game more than mk9, even though I played cage and sonya in that game which were part of the problem in that game's neutral, I still hated the garbage i was getting away with lol. In this game i find the neutral much more challenging. A few things need fixing balance and functionality wise but I think I am happy thus far.

HanSolo

Noob
Eh, the online is frustrating. I'm not entirely putting it on nrs though because my Internet isn't the best in the world but it runs other games fine. I only play mm EB so my typical experience is get on, warm up on a few of his bnbs in the lab. Go online, and struggle to land stuff I can do 10 times in a row offline. I'm not saying I don't drop combos because of nerves because I absolutely do, I'm still and very new player, but something easy like ending 21122 in a slide after a f13db2 should be standard. I got the slide to come out one time yesterday out of maybe 25.
Other than that the game is outstanding. I'll continue to bitch about the online issues but I'm not going anywhere, if anything I'm just going to explore characters that are better for the netcode and my mediocre internet.

RexxyC

what's done is done
So much bitching about the online, I think everyone on this site, their moms, and their grandmothers get it. I doubt they'll make the mistake in whatever comes next, come up with valid complaints about the actual gameplay.

boy_wunda

birdie boys unite
So much bitching about the online, I think everyone on this site, their moms, and their grandmothers get it. I doubt they'll make the mistake in whatever comes next, come up with valid complaints about the actual gameplay.
Breaking a combo shouldn't cost any stamina, that is too much in a game so reliant on pressure/5050. Also, teching throws in this game is so stupid. There is no need for teching to be a 5050 in and of itself. Just making throw tech like it is in most games, where you just press the throw button(s) to tech. Also, the game just feels quite unbalanced. I think there is a reason why we have been seeing the same players/characters in top 8 at most tournaments, because it feels like, in general, the mid/low tier characters in this game can't hold a candle to the top tiers.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Online experience, Option selects, lack of aa options, retarded jumpins, safe 50/50 (don't have a problem with punishable ones) and variation system that mostly failed are the reasons I don't play it anymore. The fact that many people from my "local scene" don't like it doesnt help aswell. Playing online alone is no fun at all.

RexxyC

what's done is done
Breaking a combo shouldn't cost any stamina, that is too much in a game so reliant on pressure/5050. Also, teching throws in this game is so stupid. There is no need for teching to be a 5050 in and of itself. Just making throw tech like it is in most games, where you just press the throw button(s) to tech. Also, the game just feels quite unbalanced. I think there is a reason why we have been seeing the same players/characters in top 8 at most tournaments, because it feels like, in general, the mid/low tier characters in this game can't hold a candle to the top tiers.
there you go

Acid Hand

The Acid Hand
I don't know much about netcode, but it'd be really good if MK's online was like KI's. Also, bringing back Tag Mode would be nostalgic...even my friends and family who didn't play much fighting games got into it because of how fun it was to play on teams. Lastly, if Baraka was put in as DLC that'd be amazing :'(

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
No point in complaining cos no1 important enough gives a fuck, they're to busy releasing more DLC to take your mind off what's actually wrong with the game\netcode.

The only way to get your points across is to not play the game & don't go near any of the DLC. Hurt them in their wallets & something might just get done about it, continue to buy the DLC then you really have nothing to moan about.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
I think just about everything being complained about comes back to online lag. 50/50s are only a problem because you can't react to them like you can offline. Few characters have such fast overheads that you can't react in time and those that do desperately depend on them (Reptile/EB). Same with jumping/cross-ups/lack of anti-air, reaction time online is not practical. It turns into a game of quick offense and better lag adjustment.

I can't imagine where the bottle-neck is. There can't be that much data needed to be passed in each packet, especially compared to games with 16+ active participants in each session. I wish NRS would take the Bungie route (can't believe I'm saying that), and at least tell us why its so bad.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
It's cool, it's pretty fun. I'm having a similar experience to IGAU in that I like playing my main more than I like playing the game, if that makes any sense.

I have more drive to improve myself in SF at this point. The direction NRS games are going isn't bad imo, it's just not 100% for me.

E

Eldriken

I love it and fucking hate it at the same time.

I'll love it when jump-in attacks aren't as good as they are. Having to guess OH/low after a jump-in on block against a large portion of the cast is just stupid, especially if you don't have meter to just armor through it.

Suggested patch changes: Jumps require eleventy-billion frames of startup and jump-in attacks have eleventy-billion frames of recovery.