What's new

How do you feel about MKX?

When you think about MKX...

• Total voters

Redux

Ex Phase
there should be an option for both. My feelings about the game greatly depend on how an online session goes.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Fix bugs = Great game.
Currently. Not too happy with it however I can't help but play it so it's doing something correctly.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
It's an awesome game but I can't say I'm not disappointed. To put one's expectations high with regards to an online experience with a developer that hasn't exactly delivered can be seen as the fault of the consumer. Fair enough.

To experience a next gen console title with an online latency offering worse than a previous gen predecessor though? Can't help but feel like a bait and switch.

And I know a thing or two about how that feels...

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It's got its issues. What game doesn't, though?

I'm fine with it, just want to see characters given improvements on their variations. Gameplay-wise, that's the worst part, IMO. The next worst would be online being so bad. There's no reason for it anymore. Good online is a necessity for multiplayer titles.

It's got its issues. What game doesn't, though?

I'm fine with it, just want to see characters given improvements on their variations. Gameplay-wise, that's the worst part, IMO. The next worst would be online being so bad. There's no reason for it anymore. Good online is a necessity for multiplayer titles.
Oh yeah, i'd like to second the variations thing. I am against variations now primarily because they make it harder to balance the game and many end up being useless.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I swear there is one of these threads at least a month now

But Online it ain't the best

But in general you can win matches by using fundamentals the game is a fast pace with a lot of 50/50s but I think people are overrating the 50/50 focus, yeah there it gonna be times you lose to guessing wrong but it's no where near only based on luck.

The game has a lot of fundamentals learns your chars move that stop people running in for free

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
There are a lot of needless issues that they refuse to fix which irks me, and I'm not just talking about online play. Can you imagine how much better this game would be with a simple change to the anti-air attacks/jumping normals? Being able to punish people for poorly spaced/idiotic jump ins would be a dream come true for most of us. *sigh*
I would also appreciate it greatly if they would try and re-work many of the game's hitboxes to assure many normal and special moves function logically, but I doubt they will bother.

I do love the game though, silly design choices aside. Online pisses me off so much because it's a terrible excuse for a fighting game but when I'm playing offline I really start to have fun. I feel like MKX is so close to being a really damn great fighting game, it just needs some fine-tuning. However, given the two options in the poll and taking into consideration that the online is an embarrassment to our genre, I'm picking the second option.

ErMac333

Noob
Very satisfied! It is true the game might not be ALL that I expected, but still a very great quality product overall. The design, the concept, the direction on many kharacters, variation systems, new kharacters, all really satisfying for me. The only sad part about kontent (just my humble and personal opinion) is that the revenants (Kitana, Liu Kang and Kung Lao) could've been exchanged for more risky additions, and also the lack of stages in number, also lacks a few klassic stages which are always great to see redesigned.

I don't play online, so I have nothing to complain on this front, although I played a few matches and it was horrible, button inputs working after more than a second later, so I can see why people are mad at this.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Everything is great apart from the actual fighting and the online.

The fighting is okay but with the run mechanic, the pressure system, the lack of anti-airs, the lack of character archetypes and the fact that everyone gets boring to play really quickly has made it pretty stale recently. The only thing that can save this game for me is a fun DLC character since online improvements are never going to happen.

There's also way less things to find in this game, general tech-wise and MU-wise. The time it takes to learn a MU is a lot shorter than I'm used to because characters are way more straight-forward and character specific tech usually consists of being able to use a certain blockstring against Quan Chi.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Everything is great apart from the actual fighting and the online.

The fighting is okay but with the run mechanic, the pressure system, the lack of anti-airs, the lack of character archetypes and the fact that everyone gets boring to play really quickly has made it pretty stale recently. The only thing that can save this game for me is a fun DLC character since online improvements are never going to happen.

There's also way less things to find in this game, general tech-wise and MU-wise. The time it takes to learn a MU is a lot shorter than I'm used to because characters are way more straight-forward and character specific tech usually consists of being able to use a certain blockstring against Quan Chi.
As slips said you need to find that magic 4 and not letting people run for free