What's new

How do you feel about MKX?

When you think about MKX...

• Total voters
Online sucks. Op characters and UP characters. Over nerfs and over buffs. Bad AAs. Wiffing mids. Many variations are useless with no intention to fix them. Horrible back dashes. Bad walk speeds for footsies. To much priority on strings for wiff punishes. Bad wakeup system. To much armor. Just to name a few

coolwhip

Noob
mk9 isn't the only game that u can anti air easily with normals lol
Thanks for that piece of knowledge.

Except it's the game most of us have played here extensively, and is the reference game for most of TYM. So yes, we are spoiled by easy AA conversions into near 30% combos due to MK9 (which isn't the norm) given that it's what we spent years playing. Unless you believe it's due to everyone's exposure to a wealth of other fighting games.

VOR

Noob
SOOOOOOOO many people on here don't understand what a true 50/50 is. Sure some characters have them, but at a high level, it's not what's determining the outcomes at major events.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Thanks for that piece of knowledge.

Except it's the game most of us have played here extensively, and is the reference game for most of TYM. So yes, we are spoiled by easy AA conversions into near 30% combos due to MK9 (which isn't the norm) given that it's what we spent years playing. Unless you believe it's due to everyone's exposure to a wealth of other fighting games.
i guess but i'm more upset that every fighter ive played for the most part has solid ez anti airs.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I don't like the lack of solid universal anti air options, the game is a bit of a jump fest at times and I'm not just talking about online. It's not like I want a full combo every time someone jumps, but if I'm waiting for it a d2 should work 100% of the time.
I don't like how burning meter on a wakeup doesn't guarentee that you wakeup, I feel like if I'm burning meter to get off the ground and I've made the right read I should be awarded, at least in high risk situations. I do like that no one gets off the ground for free.
The abundance of launching 50/50s and +frame block pressure in a game with few defensive options rubs me the wrong way as well.

In summary I feel like defensive players have been shafted. I think the game is fun but in it's current state it is the weakest of the 3 competitive NRS games. Thankfully NRS have proved they can turn a game around, at this point in Injustice the game had similar problems and was just a complete mess until some very big changes were made in the last patch. MKX is nowhere near as bad as Injustice was 3 months into it's life, a few big changes could make it the best game yet.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Let's just say yes I'm wrong. I'm always wrong when it comes to these things. And that I'll never argue on a thread on this site again. I apologize.
Clap clap...

the funny thing is I didn't even argue with you. If you see my post again, I didn't write about model changes, I wrote about hurtbox adjustments. They are invisible to the player, won't hurt the game aesthetically.

Also I mentioned the other size issue, since some other GAMES make their small characters harder to hit, but give to the big ones longer moves, more health etc
In current mk era language that translates to armour (as almost everything)

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
I don't like the lack of solid universal anti air options, the game is a bit of a jump fest at times and I'm not just talking about online. It's not like I want a full combo every time someone jumps, but if I'm waiting for it a d2 should work 100% of the time.
I don't like how burning meter on a wakeup doesn't guarentee that you wakeup, I feel like if I'm burning meter to get off the ground and I've made the right read I should be awarded, at least in high risk situations. I do like that no one gets off the ground for free.
The abundance of launching 50/50s and +frame block pressure in a game with few defensive options rubs me the wrong way as well.

In summary I feel like defensive players have been shafted. I think the game is fun but in it's current state it is the weakest of the 3 competitive NRS games. Thankfully NRS have proved they can turn a game around, at this point in Injustice the game had similar problems and was just a complete mess until some very big changes were made in the last patch. MKX is nowhere near as bad as Injustice was 3 months into it's life, a few big changes could make it the best game yet.

very well said, my thoughts exactly, more options on defensive / spacing characters to make it even, the run mechanic i think really affected the defensive gameplay

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
2nd post, I forgot to say that I hate how easily kung lao and some others can ji2 and do whatever they wants and I have absolutely 0 options to beat it.

Is not fair to watch the opponent doing 3 jump back 2 in a row and not having any chance to counter because it has a disjointed hitbox that hits from half screen away.

I hope the next patch fixes this....it's unbearable

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
SOOOOOOOO many people on here don't understand what a true 50/50 is. Sure some characters have them, but at a high level, it's not what's determining the outcomes at major events.
Would you be nice enough to explain to me what a true 50/50 is, thanks Scott r

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
Could u also let me know if sub z Cryo has true 50/50, hope to hear from you. Scott r

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Best way to describe it

Its like a gf.

You love it to death and you're overall happy to have it.

But sometimes you just get so pissed off at it that you want to just have sex with it one last time and leave it in a back alley somewhere.

haketh

Noob
Then you didn't make the right read at all

I see this a ton here, people talking about how they've felt they've made the right read & they did this & did that & it didn't work & instead of trying to find something else they just complain about it. Hell look at what Eddy was talking about earlier, is AAing in this game a bit harder than MK9? Yeah it is because characters don't have completely universal answers *Though their are some general cast wide answers* & this is the first MK that doesn't have a cast wide generic set of air normals. People need to explore more of their options on defense in general, their isn't enough of that on this site going on.

2nd post, I forgot to say that I hate how easily kung lao and some others can ji2 and do whatever they wants and I have absolutely 0 options to beat it.

Is not fair to watch the opponent doing 3 jump back 2 in a row and not having any chance to counter because it has a disjointed hitbox that hits from half screen away.

I hope the next patch fixes this....it's unbearable
If their doing things like JUpback 2 why aren't you trip guarding them as they land with run forward whatever? Like you got options here. The only time stuff gets real wacky is with Crossover jumps with a few characters are super good.

I'm a bit strange with this game in that I spend almost all my time in the lab amd just hard towers and such. I have no real desire to play other people on it, which is really strange to me. Unless someone's round mine I don't really bother with pvp.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
I'm a bit strange with this game in that I spend almost all my time in the lab amd just hard towers and such. I have no real desire to play other people on it, which is really strange to me. Unless someone's round mine I don't really bother with pvp.
It sounds like you just enjoy playing the game lol. I've never fought another human being in KOFXIII, but it's my favorite game. Would you consider yourself a 'good' player?

It sounds like you just enjoy playing the game lol. I've never fought another human being in KOFXIII, but it's my favorite game. Would you consider yourself a 'good' player?
I'd consider myself intermediate to be honest, I understand the principles of the game, with reasonably good execution but I doubt I could beat any "good player" consistently.