What's new

Guide Ares combo thread

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Also,

ji2, 123~d4, DarkEnergy = 19%/25%

I find 123 to be a great pressure string, but ironically its a sub-par combo starter.
Could lead to some meterless unbreakable damage tho
(using EXDarkEnergy sends it up to 28%)

InFlames

dead
Though it only works on stages without transitions it's still something to look into:

Right Side: 85%
Left Side: 93%

This isn't foolproof, a Super Move will easily beat both close and normal. Even though, this is the best setup I could find so far where the opponent has to guess where the Godhand will land and wake-up facing that direction. The Godhand will beat certain wake-ups without invincibility frames.

Somnuse

Noob
Also,

ji2, 123~d4, DarkEnergy = 19%/25%

I find 123 to be a great pressure string, but ironically its a sub-par combo starter.
Could lead to some meterless unbreakable damage tho
(using EXDarkEnergy sends it up to 28%)
I agree, Sage. I'm finding a harder time using the 123, 112 is just such an easy go to for recovery and launcher.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Having some issues doing the one that puts them back in the corner. Seems like most of the time it whiffs but I'm getting it some of the time. Any tips on that one?

loogie

Noob
i cannot hit 3d2 MBGS consistently ...
what kind of controls is best to use? does it have anything to do with the ON OFF thingies for negative edge and SF scheme.,.?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
i cannot hit 3d2 MBGS consistently ...
what kind of controls is best to use? does it have anything to do with the ON OFF thingies for negative edge and SF scheme.,.?
The shortcut I use is 3,d2,d2. after tapping 3, wait for a split second and then rapidly hit d+2 twice in a row. If you hit 3d2-d,d2, you might be having problems with negative edge... Those two downs are right between the 2 and that could cause d,d,released 2 and an early GS.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I found a meterless midscreen, not sure if its been posted already but here it is:
Ji2, 112 d4, ji2, f23 df1 does 38%

Hobozzzx

Up the Irons!!!
112, Axe Launcher, DF1 = Can't remember the damage but I wanna say around 24-28%

This was the best I could come up with using the axe as a launcher instead of sword. Figured it would be a good idea to look into axe combos since the sword isn't always available since it's used in so many of his combos already.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Corner:
ji2, 123, d2~d4, f23, 112~DarkEnergy = 33%
ji2, 123, d2~d4, f23, 3d2 = 30%
ji2, 123~d4, f23, 112~DarkEnergy = 34%

ji2, 112~d4, j2, f23, f23, f12 = 44%
*could also replace f12 with 112~tele/invis

Midscreen:
ji2, 123~MBf3, ji2, b13 = 32%