Corner:
ji2, 123, d2~d4, f23, 112~DarkEnergy = 33%
ji2, 123, d2~d4, f23, 3d2 = 30%
ji2, 123~d4, f23, 112~DarkEnergy = 34%

ji2, 112~d4, j2, f23, f23, f12 = 44%
*could also replace f12 with 112~tele/invis

Midscreen:
ji2, 123~MBf3, ji2, b13 = 32%
no point in wasting sword in the corner when you can do 40-50% combos without it

Is there any combos using the Axe as a launcher? Could be helpful while Sword is re-charging.
Did you seriously not look two posts above?

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
That one is actually 40% but you can do 3d2 godsmack mb b3 ji2 b23 112 teleport (or whatever special you want) and that combo does 43%
Everytime I'm trying to do 112 at the end, only 11 is coming out, 2 is always missing. Any ideas why that could be?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
You can use the trait dash cancel in combos, it's actually pretty useful but takes some practice.

Can you explain that at all ? I guess I don't get how the trait dash cancel works ? Do you throw the trait then dash ? BTW Juggs saw you on Arturos stream the other day. Sick stuff !

112 d4 j2 b23:
-f1 df or db 3 for mixup and reset. (Refer to below)
-d2 b4 for ez 35%

D2 b4 I found to be the easiest way to end into axe,

Dd4 is axe command. Much better that b d 4, if you ever and with this.

3d2 dd2 mb f3 f23 b4 - 40%

Confirm from d1d4
D1 d4 j2 b23 d2 b4 - 27-29% depending on axe.
--this is an ez reset from up above f1.

112 dd2 mb isn't a Combo but it causes enough block so that it'll hit. Most people won't see it coming.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Alright Gods of War I need a little bit of help here from you gentlemen. What is the best possible option for punishes and what are the best possibilities to end your Ares combo with (regarding the set-up it creates for Ares or just pure position and spacing)

I main two characters only and am extremely loyal to them but they happen to be very controversial, Ares and Deathstroke LOL. I put a LOT of time into Deathstroke and have developed new grounds and revolutionary style of gameplay with him that is not common yet amongst Deathstroke players so please don't think I just stay at full screen and rotate my projectiles like Dickstrokes online.

I love Ares and would like to level up my character a little bit since the first major in Canada is 2 weeks away. I was hoping that I get some inputs from some of you hard working dudes on how to punish and end with advantageous set-ups. Thank you.

teh_jawNie

Teh God Himself
I like to end my combos with 3d2+b4 knocks the enemy back and down. For the wakeup I like to dash in then tele behind them on the wakeup. you can also just block the wakeup and punish it with d1+d4

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Hey, first poster here. :3

I'm seeing some people posting combos using f23 as their starter/hitconfirm, and I don't see how that's practicle since f23 is a mid then OH, i just don't see how people are going to get hit by that.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, and thanks in advanced. I really like Ares because of his appearance but am beginning to get discouraged with his mobility, and not knowing how to open people up in the neutral game. (I didn't play MK, so this is the first time playing a game with this engine, I have a lot to learn.)

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
How would you go about punishing a move like Deathstrokes df3?
I doubt d1 has the range, and nothing else seems fast enough.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!

I'm seeing some people posting combos using f23 as their starter/hitconfirm, and I don't see how that's practicle since f23 is a mid then OH, i just don't see how people are going to get hit by that.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, and thanks in advanced. I really like Ares because of his appearance but am beginning to get discouraged with his mobility, and not knowing how to open people up in the neutral game. (I didn't play MK, so this is the first time playing a game with this engine, I have a lot to learn.)
Dont be discouraged; there are people whove been playing MK since release
(and other fighters to) who are also adjusting to Injustice.
Everyone works at their own pace.

As for f23 i agree, but only for the same reasons that youd use Ares' 123 combo starter.
It prepares you for when you DO land it.

themule

Noob

F23 probably is something that'll be hard to land. People will probably get caught by the overhead sometimes if they don't know the matchup, but in general f23 is slow and probably not going to connect all that often. I think the reason people are talking about it is mostly just because it's still early in the game and people are just throwing together whatever they can. If they have stumble over a big, easy combo with f23 they're going to work f23 into their game even if it isn't a great string otherwise.
It's also just a good idea to know what your options are for converting off any given string your character has. Even if f23 isn't something you generally use, it never hurts to be aware that you can combo off it in the case that you find yourself landing it in a match for whatever reason.

I think right now everyone is just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. In the next few weeks people will figure out the best strings and combos, but in the mean time people will be trying lots of crazy shit

So I'm having a small problem. Its not really "opening" people up, but more of a not sure what to do. 112 whiffs on crouching opponents, so that's detered me from using that string af a teleport (playing zoning otherwise). Is 22 or 3d2 the next best string? B23 and f23 are both too slow. Not saying 3d2 is any faster, but atleast it hits low to ground.

Also, has anyone found a use for 123? I wish the time frame after the 3 and using a special was shorter so you could atleast combo off of it.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
So I'm having a small problem. Its not really "opening" people up, but more of a not sure what to do. 112 whiffs on crouching opponents, so that's detered me from using that string af a teleport (playing zoning otherwise). Is 22 or 3d2 the next best string? B23 and f23 are both too slow. Not saying 3d2 is any faster, but atleast it hits low to ground.

Also, has anyone found a use for 123? I wish the time frame after the 3 and using a special was shorter so you could atleast combo off of it.
If you know they are going to block after ji2, you can use 123. It gives +3 on block I think. But you can go into another string almost immediately. I would recommend going into 3d2 or 3d4 after that.

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning

I completely agree with you, I'm having the same problems man :\

I feel like all I could do was 22. 112 rendered useless because of the starting high, and everything else is just too slow. I'm getting mashed out of the other strings (b23, and 3d2) I played a bit last night against some friends and I'm pretty only getting dmg from ex fball lol.

I even feel like this teleport is too slow to do anything. I would teleport preemptively to someone's fball, and guess right... but I still wouldn't be able to punish it.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I completely agree with you, I'm having the same problems man :\

I feel like all I could do was 22. 112 rendered useless because of the starting high, and everything else is just too slow. I'm getting mashed out of the other strings (b23, and 3d2) I played a bit last night against some friends and I'm pretty only getting dmg from ex fball lol.

I even feel like this teleport is too slow to do anything. I would teleport preemptively to someone's fball, and guess right... but I still wouldn't be able to punish it.
Ares is best played from sweep distance. Condition them to block with ji2 or dash up d1. then you're free to come in with strings or teleport.

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Ares is best played from sweep distance. Condition them to block with ji2 or dash up d1. then you're free to come in with strings or teleport.
Interesting, I'll keep that in mind.

Has anyone figured out if we can get anything significant after 3d4? All i can manage to hit with a jump is j1 :(

The Gabriel

Mean Man
the difference between using j2 and j3 in the gs combos is what, 1-2%? im starting to think it's worth it to use j2 as j3 is just so much more strict timing and distance-wise