What's new

Guide Ares combo thread

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Random aside that has been driving me crazy since I got here:

The term "bnb" IS NOT SYNONYMOUS WITH "COMBO" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A character has combos, and WITHIN THOSE COMBOS they have bnb's.

Bread. N. Butter. It's a character's go-to combo. Their practical combo for a given situation. It's the one you are actually going to lean on.

IT'S NOT A LIST OF EVERY VARIATION, EVERY BRANCHING NORMAL, OR EVERY POSSIBLE ENDER!

Those are called "combos".

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Thinking about picking up Ares. Maybe I'll enjoy this game more if I find the right character for me. Who knows? Anyways, what are Ares' basic bnb combos? Also his bnb corner combos please. Thanks :)

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Thinking about picking up Ares. Maybe I'll enjoy this game more if I find the right character for me. Who knows? Anyways, what are Ares' basic bnb combos? Also his bnb corner combos please. Thanks :)
I had a BnB combo thread but Juggs merged it with his for no reason at all. It's in the OP of his thread.

rawool

Noob
I was checking the OP. Some of the percentages are incorrect for B3/F3 starter.

F3-JI2-F2,3/Dark Energy - 31%
B3_F3-JI3-F2,3/Dark Energy - 33%
F3-JI2-F2,3/D4-Dark Energy - 34% Sword required
B3_F3-JI3-F2,3/D4-Dark Energy - 36% Sword required
B3_F3-JI2-F2,3/Dark Energy is 28%
B3_F3-JI3-F2,3/Dark Energy is 31%
B3_F3-JI2-F2,3/D4-Dark Energy is 33% Sword requireed

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
If they're in the corner and you land an anti air 3d2 what's the best combo you can get off that?
I havent really used 3d2 that much in a situation like that, but if i have meter i cancel into mbgs and continue combo.
Same for 3d2d4.

I tried comboing of 3d2 but i can only seem to do 11d4 j3 112-tele/inv and without sword 112 special

Art

Grave_Intent
Hey all,

I'm not sure if anyone has tried this, but I was messing around in the lab and noticed an almost unblock-able set-up with Ares last night. Of course this is all post patches and he no longer has the previous one, but perhaps NRS missed something.

Here goes. On a Jump in 2. follow with 33 then DD2+MB as soon as the God Smack hits do a D3 (sweep). This results in a hard knockdown that as far as I tested the computer can't tech-roll or do wake-ups against. Then after the sweep jump-in 2 again--rinse repeat from left to right. Ares will be coming down on them as they are about to get up every time with a cross-up.

Now, granted this burns a bar of meter for each God Smack but for say 3 bars dose over 60% I think it's worth it. The timing is a bit strict but manageable. It dose cause some odd glitches when you set the AI to tech-roll and wake-up attack at the same time.

Has anyone else tried this?

InFlames

dead
Hey all,

I'm not sure if anyone has tried this, but I was messing around in the lab and noticed an almost unblock-able set-up with Ares last night. Of course this is all post patches and he no longer has the previous one, but perhaps NRS missed something.

Here goes. On a Jump in 2. follow with 33 then DD2+MB as soon as the God Smack hits do a D3 (sweep). This results in a hard knockdown that as far as I tested the computer can't tech-roll or do wake-ups against. Then after the sweep jump-in 2 again--rinse repeat from left to right. Ares will be coming down on them as they are about to get up every time with a cross-up.

Now, granted this burns a bar of meter for each God Smack but for say 3 bars dose over 60% I think it's worth it. The timing is a bit strict but manageable. It dose cause some odd glitches when you set the AI to tech-roll and wake-up attack at the same time.

How is this almost unblockable?

ryublaze

Noob
Hey all,

they can wake-up out of it and if ur ending with sweep u lose out on damage. it's better to do j2 3d2 mb godsmack.

Art

Grave_Intent
i do but only for funsies.

regarding ur previous post, i haven't messed with it yet but I'm assuming that it isn't a true reset and it's escapable.
it's not necessarily a reset, but I've tested it with all kinds of wake-ups and roll-outs and it always seems to work. The computer auto-corrects some times but it still hits them.