What's new

Guide Ares combo thread

opponent in corner, ares at full screen - GS far mb, f23, f23, 112, df1 40% corner combo - ji2, 33, f23, f23, 112, df1 45% (timing is strict between 33 and f23) corner combo - ji2, 112, d4, f23, f23, 112, df1 45%

Breaker

~AKUMA~
You guys rock! Yes..we are gods of war and this is OUR game!! Only a fool would challenge us! Sorry triple shot espresso speaking

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble hitting the ji2 after the d1~d4 launcher. I can't seem to get Ares to just fast enough. Any tips for this ?

Also just noticed someone else asked about this....still having problems ;[

Enenra

Go to hell.
Hello everyone,

I am having trouble hitting the ji2 after the d1~d4 launcher. I can't seem to get Ares to just fast enough. Any tips for this ?

Also just noticed someone else asked about this....still having problems ;[
Try practicing the timing on 112 D4 J2. If you have that timing, just apply that to D1~D4 and practice.
Been using this
112~d4, ji2, b23, b4
My BNB for damage. Sometimes I replace the B23 for a F23 into invis and zoning, I love the distance it puts them.

FortaySeven

I don't care
I can land 112 d4 ji2 every time in practice and 90% of the time online, but d1 d4 ji2 only hits maybe once in 20 tries in practice.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
alright, I improved on BeastofRaw's combo and got a really nice one I think:

MB GS, b3, j3, b23, 1124 = 40% (or 37% without the sword)

the best part is you already have a ton of damage by the time you get to b23 where you can go into another MB GS reset

Mosp

Noob
Now I am just having trouble with B23 into MB GS :{ and also 3D2 into GS
Delay the MB Godsmack a little bit if you're going for the reset, after a few times of practicing you'll get the hang of it.

The 3D2 into GS is kind of weird to input but practice makes perfect. There's not much else I can tell you about that one lol.

Doh that's right it is a reset, buh. And yeah I guess I will just practice it. Not used to this game yet <_< Thanks though guys ! I am really liking Ares.

themule

Noob
Teleport Combo

Got some easy high damage Wall BnBs. 57% with trait(both) and 48% without the trait.

Can someone write these combos out? I have trouble figuring them out by watching.
For those like me who would rather see the combo written out, the teleport combo is
j2, 3d2~df3, 12~d4, dash b13 - 35%
and the corner combos are
j2, 3d2, f23, f23,112~df1 - 48%
j2, 3d2, f23, f23,112~d4, f23~b4 - 57%

We should get a list going in the OP and try to keep it going with current optimal combos so people don't have to dig through the thread to see what's been found already.

Has anyone experiment with bounce cancel combos yet?

GGA Max

Can someone write these combos out? I have trouble figuring them out by watching.
For those like me who would rather see the combo written out, the teleport combo is
j2, 3d2~df3, 11~d4, b13 - 35%
and the corner combos are
j2, 3d2, f23, f23,112~df1 - 48%
j2, 3d2, f23, f23,112~d4, f23~b4 - 57%

We should get a list going in the OP and try to keep it going with current optimal combos so people don't have to dig through the thread to see what's been found already.

Has anyone experiment with bounce cancel combos yet?
Teleport is actually j2, 3d2~df3, 12~d4, *dash* b13 - 36%
Edit: 11~d4 may work, but it didn't work for me while I was making the combo.

By bounce cancel do you mean having a wall bounce in the combo? I posted 2 of them on page 2 of this thread lol yes somewhat unorganized.

themule

Noob
Teleport is actually j2, 3d2~df3, 12~d4, *dash* b13 - 36%
Edit: 11~d4 may work, but it didn't work for me while I was making the combo.

By bounce cancel do you mean having a wall bounce in the combo? I posted 2 of them on page 2 of this thread lol yes somewhat unorganized.
Thanks, I was trying 11 and couldn't get it to work. I thought the timing was just really strict, didn't realize I had the wrong string

I mean the thing where you input ff/bb mb and it takes 2 bars of meter and bounces them. I guess the main use for it is if you land a string that doesn't launch or you can't get a good combo off of. Two bars of meter is pretty steep so I'm hoping you can get a good combo out of it. It's probably similar to what you get off a wall bounce

GGA Max

Thanks, I was trying 11 and couldn't get it to work. I thought the timing was just really strict, didn't realize I had the wrong string

I mean the thing where you input ff/bb mb and it takes 2 bars of meter and bounces them. I guess the main use for it is if you land a string that doesn't launch or you can't get a good combo off of. Two bars of meter is pretty steep so I'm hoping you can get a good combo out of it. It's probably similar to what you get off a wall bounce
Agreed . It is a high price to pay.