What's new

Guide Ares combo thread

loogie

Noob
i alredy post a low starter combo...
d1~d4, ji2, b23, 3d2 = 36% it's a 6 frame low starter

also for ex dd2(dd2 can be use after b23, 22~d4, ji2, b23... people dont usually wake-up on full screen anyway)
ex dd2, f3, b23, 3d2 = 33%
ex dd2, f3, b23, 22~d4,df1 = 37%
(you have to input f3 as soon as possible so you can walk just a little bit for the b23 part to connect)
you can do ex dd2, b3, ji2, b23, 3d2 for 37%(or ex dd2, b3,b23, 22~d4,df1 for 40%) but the timing is too strict
can't you end with b13 instead on some combos, since they will be sent full screen? does the 3d2 send them full screen? and the d2 is not connecting when i do the 3d2 at the end of the combo... :( strange
or you could end with 11 df1 for a bit of meter gain.

loogie

Noob
That one is actually 40% but you can do 3d2 godsmack mb b3 ji2 b23 112 teleport (or whatever special you want) and that combo does 43%
the MBgodsmack isn't connecting after 3d2... i can only connect it off a 33, and for the life of me i can never get that b3 after a MBGS!

is this the xbox version of the game or the ps3 version? i keep hearing that there was a patch already for xbox but too sure if the ps3 has it yet.
also the damages i am seeing from some of the combos are not the same when I do it, with Ares I get 37% damage when doing b23, 11, d4, ji2, b13 ... whereas there is a vid showing the same combo in another thread doing only 30% damage!!!! i am puzzled, can someone clarify what the hell is up with my disc.

Mosp

Noob
the MBgodsmack isn't connecting after 3d2... i can only connect it off a 33, and for the life of me i can never get that b3 after a MBGS!

is this the xbox version of the game or the ps3 version? i keep hearing that there was a patch already for xbox but too sure if the ps3 has it yet.
also the damages i am seeing from some of the combos are not the same when I do it, with Ares I get 37% damage when doing b23, 11, d4, ji2, b13 ... whereas there is a vid showing the same combo in another thread doing only 30% damage!!!! i am puzzled, can someone clarify what the hell is up with my disc.
It's ps3 and make sure you're linking the MB godsmack with the 3d2 string.

I think the combo you're talking about is b23, 22, d4, ji2, b13 because I don't think you can land a jip2 after 11. But that combo does 30%, are you sure you updated your game? Have you tried playing online?

Somnuse

Noob
I am on PS3 and I have not patched yet, I'm not sure how that effects it, but:

112, d4, ji2, f23, b3 = 47% meterless midscreen

loogie

Noob
It's ps3 and make sure you're linking the MB godsmack with the 3d2 string.

I think the combo you're talking about is b23, 22, d4, ji2, b13 because I don't think you can land a jip2 after 11. But that combo does 30%, are you sure you updated your game? Have you tried playing online?
i did go online yesterday and played some 10 matches .... it didn't prompt me for an update.
I am not sure how the update works? do I have to go through an option within the game to do the update or it does automatically once I go online...?

yes, my bad, its a 22 not a 11 for the above combo.

Mosp

Noob
i did go online yesterday and played some 10 matches .... it didn't prompt me for an update.
I am not sure how the update works? do I have to go through an option within the game to do the update or it does automatically once I go online...?

yes, my bad, its a 22 not a 11 for the above combo.
Well for me it installed the update right when I put the game in for the first time. Hmm that's really weird though.

Ulturas

Noob
37% Midscreen Meterless going off some of the stuff you guys have said slightly tweaked, 113 xx D4, JI2, B23, 113, DF1
33% Midscreen B3 or F3 starter B3, JI2, F23, B4

I'll add a video later.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
22 xx d4 is going to be a very important starter since 2 / 223 is his best poking normal and string.

Hilarious gimmick up close: d1 xx close GS

b2~d4, ji2, b23, 3d2 = 39% this one is instresting because it starts overhead-low

Nice. How much does the damage suffer if they correctly block b2

Whats a good combo to do after an air-to-air? Currently im doing 112,d+4, dark energy which nets 29%, but i feel there has to be a better one and i just can't find it.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
After 3,d2 you can teleport and follow up. Just thought I'd post this, haven't found too much out of it beyond:

3,d2xxdf3,1,2,d4,df1

The Gabriel

Mean Man
having a hard time doing his 3d2, sword dash cancel, f23, b4. the cancel timing and lag at the end of dashes in this game are really weird