What's new

"You're No Warrior!"- Hawkgirl General Discussion (1.06 and onward)

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I've noticed that a while back but man getting the timing down is NOT easy, especially that in most scenarios the risk to trying to WE through stuff is too big if you mess up.
in some scenarios like GL's b1 followups yeah its great and you should def use that, I'm talking about doing it go through armored f/b3 or whatever especially that theyre delayable.

It has great potential tho so we'll see, I do have high hopes in the move and getting the inv frames down will be imo down the lines it'll be what shows a high-level HG from the others.

kaseyk

Noob
I've noticed that a while back but man getting the timing down is NOT easy, especially that in most scenarios the risk to trying to WE through stuff is too big if you mess up.
in some scenarios like GL's b1 followups yeah its great and you should def use that, I'm talking about doing it go through armored f/b3 or whatever especially that theyre delayable.

It has great potential tho so we'll see, I do have high hopes in the move and getting the inv frames down will be imo down the lines it'll be what shows a high-level HG from the others.
i have mastered the immune we fr so well i can do it reliably online . against gl b1string i poke out with d1-combo but WE does work except on b13-lm no trait the lm will catch we2. interactables are the best practice for it . go through the different types and just record ai tossing them till they are second nature to we . then common specials like sin rock , dd sn , hg mirror mc is a fun one too lol ,
and for cross throughs this tactic ruins grundy on every wakeup u go through free then punish and when he gets duck happy we4-mtmb down .
WE immune is 1000 times easier to master than back dash also !

F4tal

Noob
My new favorite string to use on an opponent when they are waking up (If I think they are going to I just hold back and wait for it) is F12. I was playing a good Lex online today and he kept doing corpse charge on wake up and I punished it every time with F12 because you can then cancel into flight and did 2 MC. I like how you have about 1-2 seconds to fly forward to do a 2 into MC or 23 to keep characters like Bane away since he is dangerous up close. The fact that F12's hitstun is that long is awesome in my opinion.

F4tal

Noob

I think she will just get better as the game progresses. Yeah there may be slight gaps and holes in her strings but we are finding new stuff all the time. META BREAKER!

kaseyk

Noob
My new favorite string to use on an opponent when they are waking up (If I think they are going to I just hold back and wait for it) is F12. I was playing a good Lex online today and he kept doing corpse charge on wake up and I punished it every time with F12 because you can then cancel into flight and did 2 MC. I like how you have about 1-2 seconds to fly forward to do a 2 into MC or 23 to keep characters like Bane away since he is dangerous up close. The fact that F12's hitstun is that long is awesome in my opinion.
you mean f11 . f11 is perfect spacer for j3 crossup and stun is long enough to fly forward and down a little and do air 12-mc

F4tal

Noob
you mean f11 . f11 is perfect spacer for j3 crossup and stun is long enough to fly forward and down a little and do air 12-mc
Yes that was a typo haha but yes I just found out you could do that as well it's just a little hard to time for me. I think it's one of her best strings aside from WE3 shenanigans :)

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Well its been a while and I just went through some character crisis swapping back in forth between BG, HG, Zatanna, and GA, but I'm back I am going all in on HG and bG from now on, ah how I missed the Hawk lady

Espio

Kokomo
Some cool counter Martian tech: Hawkgirl can wing evade out of down 1 push and down 1 Martian grab and punish for full combo.

She doesn't need to guess which one he's doing since it works for both down 1 special cancels, which makes this insanely practical for dealing with them.

Some cool counter Martian tech: Hawkgirl can wing evade out of down 1 push and down 1 Martian grab and punish for full combo.

She doesn't need to guess which one he's doing since it works for both down 1 special cancels, which makes this insanely practical for dealing with them.
I wonder if that works against zod block strings into palm?

edit: nope :(. I do need to start abusing this ability though when it does work

Last edited:

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
He seemed cool, level headed and helpful. I miss Hawkgirl, doing this online tourney with Lobo makes me miss her more and more. Sigh
I know, me too! I'm in the lab with her as I type TRYING to find something with her. Whenever all of these tech whores finds something awesome for their characters, I always envision us (the HG community) finding out she has a standing reset/vortex. lol

I know, me too! I'm in the lab with her as I type TRYING to find something with her. Whenever all of these tech whores finds something awesome for their characters, I always envision us (the HG community) finding out she has a standing reset/vortex. lol
There are so many things that almost seem like it could turn into good tech, but it never pans out...she is what she is i suppose

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I was wondering about this recently, and maybe someone can set me straight. B23 and B22xxWE3 work as a 50/50 in the corner, and if I got the frame data right, it's mostly safe, with B23 being only -3 on block (isn't -2 what's considered safe?) and B22xxWE3 being (+1? Correct me if wrong). But I never see this used or mentioned, is there something I'm missing? And I asked about B223 because I'm looking for a way to make this into a viable 33/33/33.

kaseyk

Noob
There are so many things that almost seem like it could turn into good tech, but it never pans out...she is what she is i suppose
hg has tons of dirty tech ,wing evade cancels/delays , side switches , excellent interactable usage probably the best in game , frame traps , standing resets , wake up input reversal , the best character in game for throw usage , omg it hurts corner game , wing evade invincible frames .
she just takes dedication do to all her body size and character specific dirt ex try b22-we3 side switch reset against ba then try it against sinestro (doesn't work on sin outside of you in corner ) .
every other character just bores me to use now with all my hg dirt :p

hg has tons of dirty tech ,wing evade cancels/delays , side switches , excellent interactable usage probably the best in game , frame traps , standing resets , wake up input reversal , the best character in game for throw usage , omg it hurts corner game , wing evade invincible frames .
she just takes dedication do to all her body size and character specific dirt ex try b22-we3 side switch reset against ba then try it against sinestro (doesn't work on sin outside of you in corner ) .
every other character just bores me to use now with all my hg dirt :p
it's dirty in a vacuum, not nearly as much when you look at the top half of the cast and the damage they can do midscreen off fast hitting normals that cover more distance then any of her's while maintaining large amounts of meter cuz they don't have to use it to approach. I'm pretty sure zod has the better interactable usage then her lol

she is good though, you just have to be prepared to pester your opponent to death

kaseyk

Noob
it's dirty in a vacuum, not nearly as much when you look at the top half of the cast and the damage they can do midscreen off fast hitting normals that cover more distance then any of her's while maintaining large amounts of meter cuz they don't have to use it to approach. I'm pretty sure zod has the better interactable usage then her lol

she is good though, you just have to be prepared to pester your opponent to death
watch the vids i put in my interactable thread . shit quality vid but massive dmg . once you touch them and are aware where the interactables are guaranteed dmg .

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
Does anyone ever use her b22b3 string as a mixup? It hits mid,low, low. I assume most people are expecting the b22xxwe 2 which hits mid,low,overhead.

kaseyk

Noob
really the thing with mid screen dmg doesnt matter so much if you think about it . 2 combos 1 special or chip dmg is a health bar or 2 corner combos is a health bar . it's pretty much the same for every character on the roster . hg in some situations can wipe a whole hp bar in one interactable reset or 80%ish for 1 bar interactable combo and mid screen int combos average 50% . stage awareness .