What's new

"You're No Warrior!"- Hawkgirl General Discussion (1.06 and onward)

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
3xx means both hits , but both 32 and 3xx both do 34% . with a j2 starter 3xx is 38% and 32 is 37% , close enough to not make i difference use what feels comfy finished spacing is the same aswell .
Oh right cool, thanks a lot.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Do any of you guys always get a bug where if your like above your opponent and try to do footdive it wont let you? It keeps happening to me all the time sometimes

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Do any of you guys always get a bug where if your like above your opponent and try to do footdive it wont let you? It keeps happening to me all the time sometimes
If you mean while flying, then yes. I can't test right now, but from memory if you do df3 (or db3) instead of d3 you don't get a stomp--if you then MOVE the stick to down you'll keep getting regular-old 3 and have to go back to neutral before you can actually do a stomp. So I'm still not sure what I do wrong but it seems to involve "mixing in" other inputs, as best I can tell.

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
Got bodied by a Superman player. Went into the lab and was trying to use the start up on Wing Evade to dodge the Heat Zap but I couldn't get the timing on it at all. Anyone know any tips to make landing it easier?

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Got bodied by a Superman player. Went into the lab and was trying to use the start up on Wing Evade to dodge the Heat Zap but I couldn't get the timing on it at all. Anyone know any tips to make landing it easier?
Just like interactables, pretty much as you're getting hit. I wait until I can see the zap actually come out. I don't have it locked in enough for matches though. I just fuzzy his lasers and fly as much as possible.

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
Has Hawkgirl got any non-clashable combos that you can use as a punish? Like if I block a Batgirl teleport is there an un-clashable combo I can do?

kaseyk

Noob
Has Hawkgirl got any non-clashable combos that you can use as a punish? Like if I block a Batgirl teleport is there an un-clashable combo I can do?
d1-super , b1-bbmb-f3 . all mb specials can't be clashed on their own . nothing real good for unclashable

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
Was messing about trying to get unclashable damage and found that if you use 3~MB MT and whiff the mace but connect with the shoulder they cant clash it. However I haven't found a way to get any more damage after that. Maybe it could be used for an interactable set up? I'm not much of a lab monster so maybe you guys could figure something out with it anyways

EDIT: Never mind you can just block it. My bad.

Last edited:

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Was messing about trying to get unclashable damage and found that if you use 3~MB MT and whiff the mace but connect with the shoulder they cant clash it. However I haven't found a way to get any more damage after that. Maybe it could be used for an interactable set up? I'm not much of a lab monster so maybe you guys could figure something out with it anyways

EDIT: Never mind you can just block it. My bad.
Blockable is okay with me. Are we still at +15 then? Thats a fine throw/interactable setup. I'll lab this tomorrow!

I was working on we2 crossup setups in the corner the last two weeks but I think I didn't get anything we didn't know.

kaseyk

Noob
Blockable is okay with me. Are we still at +15 then? Thats a fine throw/interactable setup. I'll lab this tomorrow!

I was working on we2 crossup setups in the corner the last two weeks but I think I didn't get anything we didn't know.
i made a thread for double crossup in corner with we2 its very useful in some mu's.
interactables are best used as otg after combos .

F4tal

Noob
Anyone know what her most damaging mid screen combo meterless is? I've been using 123 b3 j2 MC as my BnB and it nets 30% and is very easy to learn. I've been messing around with it and have managed to get up to 34% using 123 b3 j2 32xxMC. You can also do 123 b3 j2 32b1 which does 32% and puts them on the other side of the screen.
A fairly simple and optimal one I use only takes 1 bar and does 36%:

J2, F11 xx Trait 2 xx EX Mace Charge. 36% 1 Bar

You can also do J2, F11 xx Trait 12 EX Mace Charge but the timing is really strict and only does 1% more so I just stick with the 36% one because it's easier for me. 37% 1 Bar

Highest true meterless midscreen that doesn't corner carry or use interactables is 39% to my understanding.

F4tal

Noob
F11 is probably one of my favorite strings that HG has. I have been using it a lot to punish wakeups since the start up is so fast and the hit stun gives you enough time to cancel into trait.

F4tal

Noob
Another thing I like to do in the corner is end meterless combos with 32b1 and do WE2 because it puts you closer to the corner again to go for oki but you still have to respect invincible wakeups.

I've been playing her a while now and starting to kinda lose interest. She seems like shit or just difficult to use. You decide which one is more appropriate.

Anyways, landing combos with her is rather difficult. I know them but it seems I never end up in a situation to use them or most of them can be ducked. If anything, I play more kinda hit-n-run, but that seems right. I've watched other HG players who do the same thing. Then there comes keep away. Let's face it - she cannot do it with just that mace toss and what am I supposed to do when ppl do it to her?

kaseyk

Noob
Another thing I like to do in the corner is end meterless combos with 32b1 and do WE2 because it puts you closer to the corner again to go for oki but you still have to respect invincible wakeups.
roll makes them wakeup in corner but i also like 32b1 ender . highest midscreen meterless is 39% j2-123-b3-ji3-f11-mc or j2-123-ji2-123-ji2-mc

kaseyk

Noob
I've been playing her a while now and starting to kinda lose interest. She seems like shit or just difficult to use. You decide which one is more appropriate.

Anyways, landing combos with her is rather difficult. I know them but it seems I never end up in a situation to use them or most of them can be ducked. If anything, I play more kinda hit-n-run, but that seems right. I've watched other HG players who do the same thing. Then there comes keep away. Let's face it - she cannot do it with just that mace toss and what am I supposed to do when ppl do it to her?
shes hard to use compared to others , but far from bad if you can use her well .
lots of size specific combos . her corner dmg is huge and she can counter with good dmg from quick normals and does alot of chip . if they're blocking alot throw them .
did you play on wiiu ?

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

Don't bother with combos outside the corner. A lot of her strings will knock back your opponent, so she's basically made for a hit and run playstyle. Once you get them locked in the corner, you can hit like 40%+ meterless

Espio

Kokomo

As @TheBoyBlunder so eloquently put it, "She's Doomsday with zoning how can she be bad?", which I actually agree with fully. She also has faster normals than him, equal or better damage and just as good anti-air. She also doesn't have to use meter to make her get in tools like wing evade 3 or mace charge safe on block.

She's not a combo heavy character like Doomsday, use your mids. All of her mid hitting strings are 12-15 frames max and can lead to 33-40% midscreen if the conditions are right or you use a bar.

Zoning requires walking, reads and patience, it's just something you have to learn how to deal with overall with many characters. Her big hard hitting damage comes from the corner and her corner game is very scary good so opening people up for big damage with her is very viable there.

I've played a lot of good players and won off of primarily zoning in recent memory but it requires smart play and proper spacing she's not truly a zoner though anyway. She's meant to chip away at you over time with all of her safe specials. The other thing is she sets the pace in a large portion of her match ups, which is a good sign of a character with good tools if they can make a lot of characters play around them instead of the other way around.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
As @TheBoyBlunder so eloquently put it, "She's Doomsday with zoning how can she be bad?", which I actually agree with fully. She also has faster normals than him, equal or better damage and just as good anti-air. She also doesn't have to use meter to make her get in tools like wing evade 3 or mace charge safe on block.

She's not a combo heavy character like Doomsday, use your mids. All of her mid hitting strings are 12-15 frames max and can lead to 33-40% midscreen if the conditions are right or you use a bar.

Zoning requires walking, reads and patience, it's just something you have to learn how to deal with overall with many characters. Her big hard hitting damage comes from the corner and her corner game is very scary good so opening people up for big damage with her is very viable there.

I've played a lot of good players and won off of primarily zoning in recent memory but it requires smart play and proper spacing she's not truly a zoner though anyway. She's meant to chip away at you over time with all of her safe specials. The other thing is she sets the pace in a large portion of her match ups, which is a good sign of a character with good tools if they can make a lot of characters play around them instead of the other way around.
Yea, Hawkgirl has some of the best spacing in the game and Wing Evade is legit, puts HG where she wants to be and it's tough for most of the cast to resist it and her pressure.

If you like a character who isn't combo reliant (but HG combos do intense damage so respect) and like to space and pick your spots, HG is for you @Decepticonus

Her style is unique from most in the game, only who comes close is Doomsday and HG and him are on the same level (Doomsday trait gives him a free card to get in, without trait, HG is better IMO). She's a strong mid tier character. Not too overpower but can over power you if you make the wrong choice.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
She also doesn't have to use meter to make her get in tools like wing evade 3 or mace charge safe on block.
But Doomsday's MB gives him armor. Hawkgirl has no armored moves so she struggles to get in against zoning. She has MB air mace-toss to try to go over, but if the zoner can cover the air then it becomes a terrible matchup.