What's new

"You're No Warrior!"- Hawkgirl General Discussion (1.06 and onward)

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Does anyone ever use her b22b3 string as a mixup? It hits mid,low, low. I assume most people are expecting the b22xxwe 2 which hits mid,low,overhead.
Problem is you can't combo off of it. I used to, but damage wasn't worth it, and unsafe as fuck if I remember right

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
B23 and B22xxWE3 work as a 50/50 in the corner, and if I got the frame data right, it's mostly safe, with B23 being only -3 on block (isn't -2 what's considered safe?) and B22xxWE3 being (+1? Correct me if wrong). But I never see this used or mentioned.
I live to land this mix up. Then they clash.
The only bad thing is that the overheads are reactable if your opponent is familiar with the string, but it's still very good. (Even though b223 isn't much damage the knockdown lets you keep up pressure.). Actually the other problem is the WE2 whiffing if you're not close enough....

kaseyk

Noob
I live to land this mix up. Then they clash.
The only bad thing is that the overheads are reactable if your opponent is familiar with the string, but it's still very good. (Even though b223 isn't much damage the knockdown lets you keep up pressure.). Actually the other problem is the WE2 whiffing if you're not close enough....
B22-we2 doesn't hit but b22-4-2 does

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
B22-we2 doesn't hit but b22-4-2 does
Didn't know that. I'll have to play with it and see how easy it is to hit confirm, but the nice thing about B22-WE2 is that it's safe so you don't need to hit-confirm the B22.

I've been starting to use B22 on my opponent's wakeup. It's a bit hard to set up (because it's slow and we have no hard knockdowns), but if you hit the second 2 meaty it goes under a lot of wakeup attacks and you're close enough to cancel into wing evade 2 and be safe. I need to lab out how it does against tech rolls though.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Only five pages what's wrong with you guys.

And another option for B22 in the corner-Upwards MB Mace Toss. If the Mace and shoulder connects, an extra %5 damage (36% combos turn into 41%) but the mace whiffs easy, practiced on Scorpion's tiny hitbox, was inconsistent, but reliable

kaseyk

Noob
b22-mtmbu won't miss if you throw mace staight then mb up (unless u meant they blocked and ducked ). i use that when i want to use interactables in corner behind opponent ex slab on asylum b22-mtmbu-b1-we3-123-b1-int

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
And another option for B22 in the corner-Upwards MB Mace Toss. If the Mace and shoulder connects, an extra %5 damage (36% combos turn into 41%)
Wait, that's a lot of missing damage. As long as you're close enough to land WE2 afterwards b22 xx WE2, b1 xx WE3, b1 xx WE3, f13, f13, f13 is 43% meterless.

Espio

Kokomo
Only five pages what's wrong with you guys.
The previous general discussion had nearly 50 pages of content and this post patch thread was started a month later in comparison to most others.

Last edited:

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Wait, that's a lot of missing damage. As long as you're close enough to land WE2 afterwards b22 xx WE2, b1 xx WE3, b1 xx WE3, f13, f13, f13 is 43% meterless.
For some reason, f13 has always been wonky as fuck for me. I'll have to double tap 1 to get it to come out, so I don't bother with them. Literally only character I have any kind of problem like this with

....we are still looking for that gem of a tech to help this character flourish....
lol. could go on and on about stuff she could have that would make sense, but really making the MID mace hit everyone crouching and giving the dive kick a hard knockdown is really all i would like. Hell, i don't even mean mid combo, just a raw dive kick. Lobo's dive is techable when done to an airborne opponent (ie in combo), but at least the naked one is a hkd. Why the hell would her's be any different. She is supposed to fly down on your ass, that's the entire point of her existence!!! :(

kaseyk

Noob
i don't mind her lack of hkd's i've adjusted my spacing game accordingly . i wish we had a light version of heavenly stomp we could combo from :p and that they would fix the air mtmb ground dig bug , i know why it's happening i think .
if the active frames aren't finished before you hit the ground it resets and the frames go through again with you floating there saying your welcome come combo me . thats my theory anyway and it should be fixed super obvious bug . again i've trained myself not to bug myself out (often anyways lol )

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
lol. could go on and on about stuff she could have that would make sense, but really making the MID mace hit everyone crouching and giving the dive kick a hard knockdown is really all i would like. Hell, i don't even mean mid combo, just a raw dive kick. Lobo's dive is techable when done to an airborne opponent (ie in combo), but at least the naked one is a hkd. Why the hell would her's be any different. She is supposed to fly down on your ass, that's the entire point of her existence!!! :(
Were you around when we discovered "they" in fact took away her hkd after heavenly stomp?

Were you around when we discovered "they" in fact took away her hkd after heavenly stomp?
yes. in fact if you recall i was there right when people started posting it, and i was like oh i noticed that before i thought everyone knew lol. i definitely recall it being there, and then all of a sudden it didn't work. very dumb.

i don't mind her lack of hkd's i've adjusted my spacing game accordingly . i wish we had a light version of heavenly stomp we could combo from :p and that they would fix the air mtmb ground dig bug , i know why it's happening i think .
if the active frames aren't finished before you hit the ground it resets and the frames go through again with you floating there saying your welcome come combo me . thats my theory anyway and it should be fixed super obvious bug . again i've trained myself not to bug myself out (often anyways lol )
it's just dumb how you have to constantly dash after them with her crappy forward dash, especially if you just risked a full combo for a naked dive. where is the reward? at least you can abuse the game's weird tech in that getting up from a knockdown forces you to stand even if you hold crouch so you can just mace toss shoulder them and then sit at a clean +15.

and yea, the air shoulder is a bill of goods lol

You're thinking about it way too hard.

If you do mtmb from her highest flying/jumping point, you won't get that retarded glitch. Any point lower, and you get the retarded, floaty, "hit me please" glitch.

It was probably put there, so HG couldn't just still be at the advantage after missing both hits. Which is bs IMO.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Why not? you're spending a bar for that luxury its not like the shit is free, most of the time you'd spend the bar to stay safe after whiffing the mace toss but that obviously isnt how it goes so its whatever at this point.

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
Anyone know what her most damaging mid screen combo meterless is? I've been using 123 b3 j2 MC as my BnB and it nets 30% and is very easy to learn. I've been messing around with it and have managed to get up to 34% using 123 b3 j2 32xxMC. You can also do 123 b3 j2 32b1 which does 32% and puts them on the other side of the screen.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Anyone know what her most damaging mid screen combo meterless is? I've been using 123 b3 j2 MC as my BnB and it nets 30% and is very easy to learn. I've been messing around with it and have managed to get up to 34% using 123 b3 j2 32xxMC. You can also do 123 b3 j2 32b1 which does 32% and puts them on the other side of the screen.
Those last two have been exactly what I've been using for a while. If you got a bgb you can pump it up a bit: 123 b3 j2 3(1hit)xxBGB 32xxMC I think thats 39%