What's new

"You're No Warrior!"- Hawkgirl General Discussion (1.06 and onward)

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Ah okay well I prefer to be in their face more and don't want to be pushed back because of the regualar MC but yeah it does do more chip just did it in training mode. Good stuff!
You can d1 after a blocked MC to "check" them. if it hits u get a free 32 or f13 into MC. You can easily loop this on people that'll hit buttons after blocking MC lol.
If its blocked you're safe plus you can MC anyway and repeat the whole thing lol.

I stopped abusing WE3 so much coz it fuckin blows when I'm in that range where even I cant tell what side I'll land on and then eat a random hit into a combo coz of that lol. Plus MC does more damage and chip and it sounds boss. URAGHH :p

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
That's really good too, I should actually mix that into my game more.

There's also something I had specifically to troll Black Adam on wake up, which was jump in then cancel into trait to bait lightning cage etc and then punish with dive kick to hopefully open him up for other forms of pressure, but I dunno I only rarely use this as an oki tool, not a ton of universal uses and such.

Aside from just practice and being out of it, that's about it I'd imagine.

Also, I'm sure the Vita controls are very different from a regular pad or fight stick.
I got into a few matches, I think it is just being out of practice, only lost when I switched back to Bane because I forgot to do his command grab hit confirms :p: My Deathstroke is the only one screwed up by Vita stuff, not nearly as bad a port as people said.

kaseyk

Noob
You can d1 after a blocked MC to "check" them. if it hits u get a free 32 or f13 into MC. You can easily loop this on people that'll hit buttons after

I stopped abusing WE3 so much coz it fuckin blows when I'm in that range where even I cant tell what side I'll land on and then eat a random hit into a combo coz of that lol. Plus MC does more damage and chip and it sounds boss. URAGHH :p
:p
I put a disgusting amount of lab time into we3 landing\positioning and what block strings let me cross through .
Ałl set to constant walk back (which so many people do :p ), smalls almost all strings cross through , mediums b1 , 12 , 123 , 22, 32 , f1 and point blank f13 , d1 , against dd nothing does if he doesnt block it low before standing up to block we3 .
A purposeful we2 whiff followed by mc works alot when your in that uncomfortable spacing aswell as delay the we3 till last fr so it hits their feet to assure you staying on your side :)

F4tal

Noob
:p
I put a disgusting amount of lab time into we3 landing\positioning and what block strings let me cross through .
Ałl set to constant walk back (which so many people do :p ), smalls almost all strings cross through , mediums b1 , 12 , 123 , 22, 32 , f1 and point blank f13 , d1 , against dd nothing does if he doesnt block it low before standing up to block we3 .
A purposeful we2 whiff followed by mc works alot when your in that uncomfortable spacing aswell as delay the we3 till last fr so it hits their feet to assure you staying on your side :)
Good stuff! Everything you post has been useful to me haha even those swag 70%+ combos :p

F4tal

Noob
You can d1 after a blocked MC to "check" them. if it hits u get a free 32 or f13 into MC. You can easily loop this on people that'll hit buttons after blocking MC lol.
If its blocked you're safe plus you can MC anyway and repeat the whole thing lol.

I tested this out offline with a friend of mine and it worked very good. I think he was too scared to dash forward so I did what you said and did a regular MC and then right away followed up with a MB MC and went into pressure. Thanks for the tech :D

kaseyk

Noob
hey guys i was making an interactables combo recordings and found a weird dmg bug on the yard .
on the right corner crossover j1-3-mtmbu-f3-interactable it hits twice but dmg is scaled down 3.25x2 unblockable and cant be avoided .
left side at giant weights crossover j1-3-mtmbu-f3-interactable on this one it scales crazy and does in the 70% range like whole combo went twice also unavoidable after f3 hits .
im on wiiu ,would one of you ps3 or 360 players test this on your versions and tell me if it's the same please :) if it is it's badass lol
edit.. it's the f3-interactable that causes it to do 22%x2 .

Last edited:

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
hey guys i was making an interactables combo recordings and found a weird dmg bug on the yard .
on the right corner crossover j1-3-mtmbu-f3-interactable it hits twice but dmg is scaled down 3.25x2 unblockable and cant be avoided .
left side at giant weights crossover j1-3-mtmbu-f3-interactable on this one it scales crazy and does in the 70% range like whole combo went twice also unavoidable after f3 hits .
im on wiiu ,would one of you ps3 or 360 players test this on your versions and tell me if it's the same please :) if it is it's badass lol
edit.. it's the f3-interactable that causes it to do 22%x2 .
I'll give it a shot, sure others can test as well. If it's consistent, we may have some good tech here ;)

Any tips on the Zatanna MU? My corner hawk gets blown up by those teleports. I was playing Mr. Mileena last nigh, went like 0-20. I'm rusty, but I ain't using that option select to ignore this problem in my Hawkgirl (Deathstroke is now my dedicated sub as a result as well)

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Might have been a glitch will test tomorrow but discovered something neat with HG's back 2, 2 string. Was on Ferris and used it to duck the pendulum at the right side of the stage. Will test for sure tomorrow, but has anyone played around with using this string to duck things? She gets real low, may have some practical uses if it's viable and useable elsewhere

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Try ducking the pig, if it works then it means it can be used to low-profile a couple of moves (Supes f23, some fireballs, tk demigoddess/zod charge etc)

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Try ducking the pig, if it works then it means it can be used to low-profile a couple of moves (Supes f23, some fireballs, tk demigoddess/zod charge etc)
That was my first thought, especially since the pig flies up at the end. I'm gonna try and find a buddy to test with tonight, otherwise I'm playing the Wolf Among Us and will do it later. Thought I'd bring it here before I try to record anything :p

My guy only has PS4 so I guess I'll test later

Last edited:

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Someone was using b22 against Batgirl after a knockdown to duck wakeup cartwheel (no punish but avoids it)--might have involved canceling into Mace Charge too. I want to say it was at NEC, maybe it was Trepoud?

Espio

Kokomo
Might have been a glitch will test tomorrow but discovered something neat with HG's back 2, 2 string. Was on Ferris and used it to duck the pendulum at the right side of the stage. Will test for sure tomorrow, but has anyone played around with using this string to duck things? She gets real low, may have some practical uses if it's viable and useable elsewhere
I used it to go under someone's MB forward 3, avoid the frame advantage and do some damage to my opponent in the process before last week. She does get really low lol so it's definitely worth looking into for more options.

I'm glad you brought this up, it's awesome haha.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I used it to go under someone's MB forward 3, avoid the frame advantage and do some damage to my opponent in the process before last week. She does get really low lol so it's definitely worth looking into for more options.

I'm glad you brought this up, it's awesome haha.
My big thing is slipping under the pig in Arkham because she can't fly over it like every other intractable right? I'll try and record some options tonight, trying to so it with the CPU was not working out. I didn't think that far, if something's safe on block, ducking it with this string would make it worthless wouldn't it?

Espio

Kokomo
My big thing is slipping under the pig in Arkham because she can't fly over it like every other intractable right? I'll try and record some options tonight, trying to so it with the CPU was not working out. I didn't think that far, if something's safe on block, ducking it with this string would make it worthless wouldn't it?
I dunno about worthless, but it will open up some new meta possibilities and make people less eager to MB forward 3 if it's consistent , which will open up more opportunities for her to play her game more.

To avoid the pig in Arkham, well timed mace charge can avoid it while in trait, that much I know from experience. It would be huge if she could go under the pig with back 2,2 as well.

Might try it later.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I dunno about worthless, but it will open up some new meta possibilities and make people less eager to MB forward 3 if it's consistent , which will open up more opportunities for her to play her game more.

To avoid the pig in Arkham, well timed mace charge can avoid it while in trait, that much I know from experience. It would be huge if she could go under the pig with back 2,2 as well.

Might try it later.
I'm now wondering about zoning as well, like DS's high guns and Zod's pistol; things the smaller characters can slip under. I'm curious about the pig because it fly kinda upwards towards the end. I think this is why I ducked the pendulum at Ferris, which would matter if it wasn't easier to just jump\fly over it

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Wait... If it works to lower her hitbox... Let's try to stuff some wake ups with it... I mean... Use B22 after a knockdown and it may go under laso spin, MMH's push, and more things... If we can make it work like WW's D3 it would be amazing...

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Had list of projectiles she can duck, computer froze midpost. I only tested fullscreen against most CPU's, but here's the important notes for my 20 minutes: she can duck regular high gunshots from Deathstroke with enough time to block low shots in between. She can duck Zod's MB and normal pistol and rifle ball. She can duck Cyborg's Nova Blasts and I'll get back to that. Can duck Arrow's arrows, tested with normal and lightning. Don't have Batgirl on PS3, will test on Bolas tomorrow on my vita. Now Cyborg I actually got pretty close to before I couldn't get the full string out and his were the easiest to time, in my opinion This one interests me because B22 can cancel into WE3 rather easily and it may have been in punishment range. Another go tomorrow, no interactables yet. Will post a video by the weekend, hopefully this gave you peeps some more ideas

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Had list of projectiles she can duck, computer froze midpost. I only tested fullscreen against most CPU's, but here's the important notes for my 20 minutes: she can duck regular high gunshots from Deathstroke with enough time to block low shots in between. She can duck Zod's MB and normal pistol and rifle ball. She can duck Cyborg's Nova Blasts and I'll get back to that. Can duck Arrow's arrows, tested with normal and lightning. Don't have Batgirl on PS3, will test on Bolas tomorrow on my vita. Now Cyborg I actually got pretty close to before I couldn't get the full string out and his were the easiest to time, in my opinion This one interests me because B22 can cancel into WE3 rather easily and it may have been in punishment range. Another go tomorrow, no interactables yet. Will post a video by the weekend, hopefully this gave you peeps some more ideas
If she can duck Arrow's arrows with that then good news!!! It can work just like WW's D3 very nice finding. She can duck anything now.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
If she can duck Arrow's arrows with that then good news!!! It can work just like WW's D3 very nice finding. She can duck anything now.
Let me be clear, standing didn't think about crouching :p. The only projectile I tested that she couldn't slip were batarangs, because 2 come out, one lower than the other. Zods and Cyborg's I think show she can duck most any projectiles full screen, will do more mid tomorrow. Timing is tight on some of this

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Let me be clear, standing didn't think about crouching :p. The only projectile I tested that she couldn't slip were batarangs, because 2 come out, one lower than the other. Zods and Cyborg's I think show she can duck most any projectiles full screen, will do more mid tomorrow. Timing is tight on some of this
Yeah i mean you have to time the B2 before for the second hit of B22 to duck things

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Ok, after some pig tests, you can duck it if you are towards the back. The timing is tight as hell and might only be worth if you can't get out of it any other way. Pig seems to have a bit of a phantom hurtbox (using that right?) so don't think it will work close up. But should be able to work, like I said, if you are towards the end of the rail.

Projectile stuff I did yesterday seems better off full screen if you need to avoid chip. Feel free to correct me, but couldn't get the WE3 cancel to come out unless I made contact, so don't think we'd be able to punish something like a Zod Charge after ducking his shots from anything closer. I think the F3\B3 evasion @Espio was talking about may be best GENERAL use of this string defensively. Haven't done anything character specific, could be something there (like @AspexiaDyslexia was suggesting)

Will record pig stuff if peeps want to see it, but without that cancel, my excitement for this string is now gone :(

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Ok, found something useful with B22 in a MU I didn't think would be worth testing; you can duck Mace Charge in a HG mirror. Really easy to time and you avoid chip. "Why wouldn't you just jump then stomp if you wanted to avoid chip?" Shut up, I thought this was cool

Espio

Kokomo
So I've been labbing Hawkgirl a lot more, let's talk about wing evade.

The combination of wing evade 2 and 3 allows Hawkgirl tons of crazy options like ambiguous cross ups, plus frames, the ability to interrupt frame gaps for full combo, go through a lot of armor moves, fake outs, evasion etc.

A lot of people are concerned about how she does against zoning, but if players can master using her wing evade invincibility frames she'll be able to navigate through a lot of single hit zoning for example: She can wing evade MMH orbs, mace tosses and so forth.

This means she's building meter and avoiding chip while closing the gap.

That's not all though: Hawkgirl can punish physical attacks on whiff with wing evade invincibility frames. Bane's raging charge even at level three venom can be used to full combo punish. It appears Bane is coming into contact with Hawkgirl, but the invincibility frames shut it down.

She can also do this to moves like Black Adam's dive kick, something interesting to note. I saw this from playing @usedcarsalesmang the other day.

The applications for this special move seem so vast for offensive and defensive play and if truly mastered might be match up changing for the better so I'm hopeful everyone will lab this and see all the other possibilities we can glean from this. I think wing evade as a whole is her best special the more I study it over time.

Edit Again: You can also tack it onto strings and get the invincibility frames to get extra damage if you happen to bait an armor move I just noticed.

Additionally I have noticed you can wing evade some forward/back 3's with the invincibility frames and the whiff should allow those to be punishable too.

Last edited:

kaseyk

Noob
Wing evade is imo what makes hg the best .
A few examples sin rock easy WE . gl b1 WE interupt . raven pillars easy WE . Dd mbsn easy we2 combo puninsh and if they are trying to fake u into a dash not mbing sn mc will hit or get u in their face . we3 through all mbf3/b3 and alot of supers . we3 crossthrough by choice with block strings .
dash cancle into we3 is a great tool for covering distance fast aswell .
then add in all the delays cancles to specials( lots of frame traps ) or just fly out .
0 recovery for intant followups and of course any interactable is easy to dodge with WE .
i could go on forever lol