What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Why isn't anyone playing Jacqui in tournaments???

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
before patch, b2~up rocket in the corner is broken vs all characters, so it is obvious nerf
Oh yea well in the corner it was block infinite level bs so that had to be removed asap. But midscreen, midscreen? Could have been handled a hundred ways better especially considering her issues in nuetral.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
She is a good character but honestly why would someone who wants yo win use her? While she is good she has huge issues with her booty normals and in FA and shotgun a lot of people outzones her bad. I think FA Shotgun cover the character well. With that said, there are characters like Lao, Tanya, Liu Kang, Tremor, Johnny that do what she does but better. NRS buffed her in the last patch but sadly, they buffed the wrong stuff (some of the things they gave her were most likely fixes anyway)

BTW, she is my favorite character as well, I love her quotes, her alternate costume and all her variations are super cool.

Cameronwinss

Hay gurl hay
Honestly she's great all around BUT her normals (Maybe her hair). It's just her normals hold her back and in a game like this you don't want to be lacking in that department. She has great frames but doesn't have the normals to compete. If I had to have 1 buff for her is to give her a decent d1 so I can counter poke. Like what they did with kitana. If you give me that I would be slightly happier.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
She's maybe the worst character in the game. She doesn't have a single safe wakeup, her mix-up game is ass, she has overly complicated inputs (see my Jacqui guide for more info on this), she has low damage output, her corner combos are inconsistent, most of her pressure and specials can be low profiled. She's just a mess of a character. She's Buster Bluth:
Yes, her wake-ups suck. Her mix-up game is fucking great if you ask me. Her inputs are difficult, so practice more. Low damage output?? I easily get 40-50% combos with one bar. I find her corner combos very consistent too, often getting up to 52% combos ONLINE. My complaints are that High Tech sucks and she needs a longer ranged poke.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Well apparently I stand corrected on her damage output. I will say that she has to take way more risks to get that damage, and that she has a lot more trouble getting past the insane footsies of the other characters to get her damage started. I'm not as familiar with Shotgun, and I'm not at all familiar with HT, but at least in Full Auto, a decent player isn't going to let you get anything started. Her b3 has zero range (even whiffing after a successful jp), and her b2 is reactable and gets stuffed by almost any poke in the game. And when I talk about her inputs, I'm not saying I can't do them, I'm saying that the effort required for the payoff is ludicrous. I'm referring to her f3b3 bullshit (or whatever the input is; haven't messed with her in so long).

She's essentially a watered down version of HQT Pred. If you think about it, he can do everything she can, only with more damage, insanely better footsies and pokes, better zoning, etc. She gets outzoned by Kang, Quan, Kano, JC, Jax, pretty much any character with a half-decent projectile, but all of those characters have better limbs, mixups, and mind games. When I say she's the worst character in the game, I don't even mean she's garbage like Jason. I mean there is literally just no reason to play her, since so many characters do everything she does better than she does it, in addition to their own tools and strengths. She's just a turd out there.

I think you are pushing it a bit with "extremely" as it ain't that hard, I guess I just view it as something that she makes up for with her specials i.e. her vortex in shotgun which is mad underrated and her full auto shenanigans, she can get some nice hard to unblockables with that ex low rocket.

Really, never heard of him, are there any videos or anything??
Revolver was the best Lex and injustice hands down. He is struggling in this game because he's the type of player that likes to zoning and use space control. Like many players he has had trouble adapting to the games engine. Personally I think predator hunter is the best variation for revolver to be using

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
LOL don't piss me of saying invalid shit.
Her mixup game in shotgun definitely ain't ass.
Not everyone has a safe wakeup.
Complicated inputs maybe but just get better with your execution.
This is the funniest..... LOW DAMAGE OUTPUT okay..... she can get an easy 40% midscreen in Shotgun or full-auto.
Corner combos inconsistent .... thats your execution cos mine are pretty consistent.

She is far from being the worst character in the game.
Her mixup game in Shotgun is overrated, her B33 doesn't even connect off a jump in punch half the time because it has such shit range.
That's horrible justification, she should at least be able to spend meter to be safe. The EX version of BF2 doesn't even launch and it's still unsafe! It makes no sense.
"Just get better with your execution" It's not our fault we only have 3 frames to input the U4 part. Why would you not want a easy/consistent input?
40% in Shotgun midscreen easily? Like fuck. Show me the notation for that combo then.

"far from being the worst character in the game" is a huge hyperbole. She actually could be one of the worst because she gets outfootsied/outranged by the majority of the cast . Having a good walkspeed is one thing but having the range and quick enough advancing moves to for example whiff punish are another. She can't even frame trap with standing 1 after some of her OWN STRINGS on block because it has such shit range.

Don't just sign up, decide to post in the forum of a character the majority of us have been playing since day 1 and tell us our tested information is "invalid shit". Learn to accept that you can be wrong.

Yes, her wake-ups suck. Her mix-up game is fucking great if you ask me. Her inputs are difficult, so practice more. Low damage output?? I easily get 40-50% combos with one bar. I find her corner combos very consistent too, often getting up to 52% combos ONLINE. My complaints are that High Tech sucks and she needs a longer ranged poke.
While it is true her mixup game is strong the issue is that the normals to start those mixups are extremely slow

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
People say things like, "Yeah her range is bad and her armour is terrible, but she has good mixups, plus frames and damage!" without actually understanding what this implies. Jacqui's footsies outside of shotgun are incredibly difficult to utilise. Her poke game is terrible and her armour is abysmal. It's incredibly difficult to get anything started as her because you have to navigate the neutral against characters where almost everyone beats her.

No her 17 frame b2 overhead that has less range than Cassie b1 and is literally like -60 on whiff is not good. The only variation with somewhat decent footsies is shotgun, and that requires you to have a bar to make the threat of space control, and has no full screen presence to force you to actually play neutral with her.

On the surface she seems like she has a lot of great tools and it's easy to dismiss her lack of range and armour flippantly when you see her frame traps and damage; but this lack of range and armour is crippling.

Jacqui is not "a few small buffs away from being OP," but she is salvageable as a character. The following changes would go a fair way to address her main issues:

- f2 is 12-13 frames startup
- bf2(ex) is 14 frame startup and -12 on block with significant pushback
- 4u4 input changed to u4
- db1 is 8 frames startup

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
So after watching NEC and other recent tournaments I've been thinking why the fuck are we not seeing Jacqui Briggs in tournament play. She has a lot of tools that I feel people are disregarding or simply ignoring. You see people play every other character including Goro and even Jason but not Jacqui.

Why, do cooking and cleaning skills matter In MKX?

:p

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
She's Jax's daughter and it ends there for me, there's just something about her that makes me say, nope and the t rex arms don't help neither.

Hold on bruh, damage is one of the things they buffed lol. She gets;
34% meter less off f1 whiff punish
38% 1 bar off B2
42% 1 bar off B33
And that's just midscreen in Full Auto[/QUOTE
Her mixup game in Shotgun is overrated, her B33 doesn't even connect off a jump in punch half the time because it has such shit range.
That's horrible justification, she should at least be able to spend meter to be safe. The EX version of BF2 doesn't even launch and it's still unsafe! It makes no sense.
"Just get better with your execution" It's not our fault we only have 3 frames to input the U4 part. Why would you not want a easy/consistent input?
40% in Shotgun midscreen easily? Like fuck. Show me the notation for that combo then.

"far from being the worst character in the game" is a huge hyperbole. She actually could be one of the worst because she gets outfootsied/outranged by the majority of the cast . Having a good walkspeed is one thing but having the range and quick enough advancing moves to for example whiff punish are another. She can't even frame trap with standing 1 after some of her OWN STRINGS on block because it has such shit range.

Don't just sign up, decide to post in the forum of a character the majority of us have been playing since day 1 and tell us our tested information is "invalid shit". Learn to accept that you can be wrong.
So you're saying all this shit about this character that you supposedly know well yet you don't know atleast a 40% midscreen combo in shotgun. LOOOOOOL

People say things like, "Yeah her range is bad and her armour is terrible, but she has good mixups, plus frames and damage!" without actually understanding what this implies. Jacqui's footsies outside of shotgun are incredibly difficult to utilise. Her poke game is terrible and her armour is abysmal. It's incredibly difficult to get anything started as her because you have to navigate the neutral against characters where almost everyone beats her.

No her 17 frame b2 overhead that has less range than Cassie b1 and is literally like -60 on whiff is not good. The only variation with somewhat decent footsies is shotgun, and that requires you to have a bar to make the threat of space control, and has no full screen presence to force you to actually play neutral with her.

On the surface she seems like she has a lot of great tools and it's easy to dismiss her lack of range and armour flippantly when you see her frame traps and damage; but this lack of range and armour is crippling.

Jacqui is not "a few small buffs away from being OP," but she is salvageable as a character. The following changes would go a fair way to address her main issues:

- f2 is 12-13 frames startup
- bf2(ex) is 14 frame startup and -12 on block with significant pushback
- 4u4 input changed to u4
- db1 is 8 frames startup
I actually do agree with what you have to say but about stanky leg, the input ain't as bad as people make it out to be, once you've figured how to do it, it's pretty simple. Is it weird I like the challenge of being able to do it, so satisfying when you're able to hit a SL in a corner combo.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
While it is true her mixup game is strong the issue is that the normals to start those mixups are extremely slow
That's why her backwards walk is super useful. Bait them in, hit with D4, then you're guaranteed to RC to a standing 4. That's my method at least. I'm not saying that her pokes don't suck (cuz they do), but D4 is highly underrated I think. Her D1 and/or D3 definitely need improvement!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust