What's new

Guide - Full Auto The Ultimate Full-Auto Guide

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The Ultimate Full-Auto Guide

Follow me on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxHoadWI1U55MiqQ-MEiDTw

So yeah, the game is new and I'm still digging into the character, but I figured I could go ahead and put together a basic guide to help people get acclimated to Jacqui, and continue to update and refine it throughout the life of the game. I still have a lot to learn, so feel free to share your own tech, combos, and corrections.

Right now everything in this guide is based around max-damage. I'm still working out the best setups with her, and will update accordingly.

Finally, Jacqui is a very inconsistent character, as in a lot of her attacks will whiff against certain opponents at certain times. I've tried to make a note of inconsistencies throughout the guide.

Table of Contents:

Last edited:

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Best Normals

All info can also be found in the following video:

• f1:
    • This is her 15-frame lunging mid. It's neutral on block.
    • f12: Her go-to meterless combo starter. Also neutral on block. Results in a hard knockdown on hit.
    • f12~db2: This move is +11 on block, but can be crouched. On hit, you can run-cancel into 4~bf4 for an easy mid-screen meterless 30%.
    • It's very easy to train a good opponent to try to crouch the up-missile ender (which is still pretty hard to punish even if they crouch it). Since f1 and f2 are both neutral on block, once they start blocking low you can use a mix of f12 throw, f1 throw, f1 b2 (overhead launcher), etc.
  • b2:
    • This is her 17-frame lunging overhead launcher. It's -5 on block, so it's safe against pretty much everything except Lao's 4-frame punisher. You can safely backdash except against fast advancing specials. A backdash followed up with f12 can be an effective whiff punisher.
    • This move contains an option-select. If you do b2~MB.db2 and your opponent blocks it, only the b2 will come out, leaving you at -5 and saving your meter. If it hits, the MB missiles will come out, allowing you to run-cancel into 33-bf4 for 37% midscreen damage.
      • INCONSISTENCY: If you use b2 against a crouching opponent, there is a good chance the MB.db2 will whiff. Until this is patched (fingers crossed), I recommend going with the meterless combo, listed directly below.
    • If you don't have meter, you can do b2-bf4. Again, if they block the special won't come out, leaving you at -5. If they don't block, you deal 21% meterless anywhere on the screen.
    • If the frame data is correct, then there is no reason to use this over her f3b2 move, covered below.
  • b33:
    • This is her 16-frame low starter. It's -7 on block, making it relatively safe. However, it has no range, so you have to be almost touching your opponent for both hits to connect. It's also inconsistent after a jump-over punch, and it will always whiff from a max-range jump-in punch.
    • This has the same option-select as her b2. If you do b33~MB.db2 and the opponent blocks, only the b33 will come out. if it hits, the MB missiles will launch them, allowing for a run-cancel 33-bf4 for 40% midscreen.
      • The great thing about that combo is that you have all the time in the world to choose whether or not you want to switch sides with your opponent. So for one bar of meter you can deal 40% midscreen damage and have the option to side-switch.
    • If you don't have meter, you can do b33-bf4. Again, if they block, the special won't come out, leaving you at -7. If they don't block, you deal 23% meterless anywhere on the screen.
  • 1:
    • This is her 7-frame high punisher. You'll only want to use it to punish extremely safe attacks that leave the opponent within range.
    • 1212~MB.db2-run-33~bf4 is her 1-meter 38% 7-frame punisher. This can side-switch.
    • 1212~bf4 is her meterless 23% punisher.
    • This move has an amazing number of pressure options since 1 is 0 on block, 12 is 0 on block, 121 is 0 on block, and 1212 is 0 on block. That means you can train your opponent to be aware that you can go all the way to 1212-special, and then start interrupting it at any of those junctures to restart your pressure. (You can also mix in 11, and 114 since they are all 0 on block).
    • 1212 is incredibly easy to hit-confirm. If any of the hits aren't blocked, just cancel into bf4. If they are all blocked, you can d3 or just start with another 1-based pressure string.
  • d3:
    • This is her 8-frame low poke. It's -4 on block, +11 on hit. It's decent, but gets destroyed by pokes with longer ranger, such as Kano's d4.
    • d3 followed by b2 has been working as a way to open people up.
  • d4:
    • This is her 13-frame low poke. It's -6 on block and has a lot of pushback, making it totally safe, even against Kung Lao's 4-frame spin. This has about twice the range of her d3 and is +18 on hit. You'll have to use this poke against characters like Kano and Sub Zero who have devastating d4's.
  • b14:
    • This is a 16-frame mid with a low followup. The b1 is a mid, but it will whiff against crouching opponents from max range, though the low will still come out. It leaves you +16 on hit, but it pushes back so far that I haven't really found a great followup. Though it looks like she might be able to use her f3 (covered next) to get something started.
    • This move can safely cancel into her Low Rocket (bd2). There is a very small gap, but it is pretty much safe. Tested against Lao's Spin and Cyclone reversals. Against Spin, he will start the spin but the rocket will catch him. Against Cyclone, the rocket will deal damage but his armor will absorb it, allowing him to punish you.
    • Since Jacqui doesn't really have any overhead strings, most opponents will get into the habit of blocking her high-low, limiting the effectiveness of this string. However, it's neutral on block and safely combos into Low Rocket, so I'll have to mess around with it a bit more to see if I can find some good uses for it.
  • f3:
    • This move causes Jacqui to take a step forward, and has 3 possible followups:
    • No input: Jacqui will do a mid-hitting kick. 23 startup, -5 on block. Not great.
    • b2: Jacqui will use her b2. This is identical to her standard b2 except that it has an extra frame of startup (17).
    • b4: Jacqui will do a low stomp. This isn't her b33 low, but it behaves identically, including being an option select. The frame-data for this move is incorrect. It is approximately -7 on block.
    • The benefit to this move is that Jacqui will take a step forward before using her mixup, essentially doubling the range of her b2 and tripling the range of her b3.
    • The timing for canceling into a special from the b2 is pretty much the same as a normal b2. However, canceling into a back-forward move from the b4 is insanely strict. The key is letting go of "back" to return to a neutral state. So you have to press f3, b4, bf4 (or bf2) as three completely separate movements. The key is to make sure you're starting the back-forward input before her leg rises up for the kick. It's almost like your double-tapping the back button. So f3-b4b-f4.
    • Canceling into MB.db2 is crazy easy. Just press f3 and then press diagonal down+back+4, then roll to back while you press 2+block. It sounds way more complicated than it is. I can do it consistently on the PS4 pad. It just takes a little practice.
Because f3b2 is such a pain to cancel into specials, I went ahead and made a video tutorial for it. Enjoy!

• f4:
    • This is identical to f3, except Jacqui runs about a half-screen distance before doing...
    • No input: A huge mid-hitting kick that's neutral on block, with a 32-frame start-up. Including the running start, the kick goes just shy of full-screen. On hit it results in an untechable knockdown and leaves you at +47, which is more than enough time to get back on that ass.
    • b2: same as with f3, except with a 16-frame start-up. That start-up might be incorrect, though.
    • b3: same as with f3.
    • This move basically allows Jacqui to run without actually using any stamina.
    • The same shortcut for f3 can be used with his move.
  • j1/j2:
    • j1 is better for crossover punches; j2 is better for jump-in punches.
    • If you anti-air with a j1 or j2, go ahead and put in the bf4 motion and don't press anything else. When you land, you'll automatically combo into bf4 for a nice easy 18% combo that makes you look like a badass.
  • j3:
    • This kick has all the active frames (or at least 12, which is crazy for a normal attack). This means you can throw this out before you even hit your jump arch, and it will just stay out there until it connects with your opponent.
    • The hitbox extends from her leading foot to her back foot.
    • I've been testing this against a lot of strong anti-air options, such as Kano's b1, and it seems to have extremely good priority.
    • It's hard to tell what the frames are, but if you hit the opponent with the tip of her leading leg, no matter how high, it's totally safe (Lao-tested, parent-approved). It looks like it's + if blocked anywhere from the waist down, but there's a bit of pushback to it's hard to capitalize on the advantage.
    • Just figured out she can combo off of her J3. Midscreen she can combo into Hand Cannon for 14%. I'm still working out an optimal corner combo, but right now I've got j3-1~db2-11~bf4 for 31%
      • If you do the JK and then do the df2 input and then don't press anything, it will automatically come out. This means it will combo on hit or lock down on block.
    • If you anti-air with her j3, go ahead and put in the bf1 motion and don't press anything else. When you land, you'll automatically combo into bf1 for a nice easy 14% combo that makes you look like a badass.
  • d2:
    • Her uppercut is not great. It can be ok in a pinch (as as reacting to a laggy online Raiden teleport), but I prefer up Rocket as my go-to anti-air. It's only 3 frames slower and leads to a full combo on hit.

Last edited:

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Specials

• Hand Cannon: df2
    • This is her infamous machine gun attack. This move is pretty insane. It's -10 on block, but due to pushback it's incredibly hard to punish. Even using it point-blank against Lao is safe.
    • Because it fires 3 bullets, it eats through armored moves. If your opponent likes to wake up with armor, just fire before they wake up and most moves will get blown up. Some crazy-fast advancing moves (like Jax's Dash Punch) can still catch her if they're within sweep distance; otherwise it beats out everything I've come up against.
    • If your opponent jumps anywhere on screen, this can catch them on reaction.
    • This only deals 7% damage, but it does deal 5% chip, essentially making it a crazy fast unblockable full-screen 5% damage beam that can't be jumped and destroys armor... All they can do is neutral crouch.
  • Enhanced Hand Cannon: df2+block
    • This acts kind of like a mix-up to make your opponent think twice about trying to advance after avoiding your bullets. If they start to get too comfortable crouching and working their way in, unleash one of these to send them back full screen. It also hits mid, so if they are neutral crouching, it will catch them.
    • The great thing about this move is it's an Enhanced move, not a standard Meter-Burn move, which means you can decide whether or not to use the meter well after you've started the attack.
    • I typically only use this if the opponent blocks the Hand Cannon, as the additional damage dealt on hit is only 6%. However, I'll sometimes use it on hit to push the opponent back to full-screen or to close out the last round.
  • Up Rocket: db2
    • This move is amazing! It's +11 on block and if you anti-air with it, you can dash-cancel-33-bf4 for a nice 31%.
    • This move recovers almost instantly. You can fire them pretty rapidly, and block almost immediately after firing one.
  • Rocket Power: db2+block
    • This is purely used to combo off of specific strings midscreen, such as b2 and b33. This should never be used in the corner, as the normal Up Rocket will connect for no meter.
  • Low Rocket: db3
    • As the name suggests, this hits low...and is a rocket. ... It's super safe on block (-1) and has a bit more range than her b2.
    • If you land this directly below or behind your opponent, you can run-cancel into 11-bf4 for 23% midscreen damage. If you hit from further away, you can still combo into Hand Cannon for 14%.
  • Rocket Crater: db3+block
    • I haven't experimented too much with this one yet, but I already know it's going to have some crazy applications. Jacqui doesn't really need to use meter unless she wants to deal extra midscreen damage, so I imagine the applications of Rocket Crater will be well worth the meter they require.
    • What I do know is that if you hit your opponent with anything while they are getting hit with this move, it will count as 2 hits and destroy their armor.
    • The setup I'm having a bit of success with is f12~db2-RC-11~MB.db3, b2/release 3. The timing is a bit tricky, and I haven't found a great way to get damage off the b2/explosion, but it does eat wakeups pretty reliably, and it counts and a Doomsday-level overhead/low or low/overhead depending on when you release 3.
      • b2-bf4, releasing the 3 at the beginning of the bf4 input seems to work for an easi 21%.So in total you're getting 19% of the f12~db2-RC-11, and then an almost unblockable off of the low rocket and b2 overhead into 21%, for a total of 40% damage. I like to maintain a special meter efficiency of at least 15% damage per bar, so I would probably stick to the meterless guaranteed 30% from the basic f12 combo.
      • This is also totally nullified by delayed wakeups. Right now using use as an oki tool is not looking promising.
  • Tech Shield: db1
    • This move should be really good. It absorbs projectiles and has 28 active frames, making it really good at doing what it was designed to do. However, the slow start-up time makes it almost impossible to do on reaction, and you don't really gain any momentum from a successful absorption; you just gain a bit of meter.
    • Against characters with slower projectiles, it can be useful to help turtle full-screen when you have a life-lead. However, against faster projectiles like Cybernetic Kano's knives and Kitana's Fans, it can be difficult to keep up and to time correctly. If your opponent is mixing up their timing and not just mindlessly chucking projectiles, then eventually you are going to mistime an absorb. Luckily you can almost always block after a mistime, but you still eat the chip of the next attack.
    • If you are ever hit by a projectile, you must block the next projectile; the start-up of Tech Shield is too slow to overcome your hitstun.
    • This move is beat out in the Full-Auto mirror by your opponent's Hand Cannon. You can usually consistently absorb 2 of the projectiles, but at leaste 1 usually gets through.
    • TLDR: This move is somewhat decent in matches where the opponent's projectile game isn't all that great. In the matches where you would really want a good anti-zoning move, Tech Shield falls totally flat.
  • Advance Tech: db1+block
    • If you really want to waste a bar of meter sending a single projectile back at your opponent, go for it.
    • Interestingly, you can absorb a thrown Ice Clone with the normal version of this move, but the MB version will do nothing.
    • The better your opponent's projectile, the better this move becomes. Slow projectiles, like Reptile's Force Balls, are the best, as they allow you a decent follow-up.
    • This does work on...
      • Any projectile that travels straight across the screen, where it be a special move or part of a string, such as Erron Black's gun normals.
      • This will work against "boomerang" projectiles, such as Lao's MB Hat. However, the first hit must be blocked, at which point you can use the normal or MB version of this move to deal with the returning projectile. It actually looks pretty funny when you reflect a returning projectile! :D
      • Reptile Force Balls
      • Erron Black Sand Grenade
      • D'Vorah's Krawler
      • Lao's Hats,
    • This does not work on...
      • Any move that spawn on screen, such as Kenshi's specials, Ermac's specials, and D'Vorah's spawning puddle.
      • Any moves that use a separate character, such as Quan Chi's Demon Spawn and Torr's moves where he throws Ferra.
      • Any move that uses more than 1 projectile. This will reflect 1 projectile, but the hit by the others.
      • Takeda's Kunai
      • Kano's MB Knife. This will reflect 1 knife and you will get hit by the other two. The standard Tech Shield will still absorb all 3 knives.
      • Johnny Cage's Stunt Double moves.
      • Lao's "Hat Trick" specials.
      • Kung Jin's MB Chakrum (normal or low).
    • Any move reflected will keep its qualities, including hit level and trajectory. So low projectiles remain low, and Johnny Cage's arcing Forceballs will bounce back towards Johnny along the same trajectory.
  • Gauntlet Strike: bf4
    • This leads to a hard-knockdown.
    • As far as raw damage goes, this is your primary combo ender. This move is highly punishable on block, but luckily you can use your option selects to ensure that it only ever comes out when it's going to hit (use it after b2, b22, f3b4, f3b2, f4b4, f4b2, and as a combo ender).
    • Landing this will usually leave your opponent at the tip of your b2 and f3b4 range, depending on how you combo'd into it. The frame data has it listed as 10 hit advantage. I'm not sure if that's accurate, but you are definitely at enough advantage to force them to block a b2.
  • Gauntlet Flurry: bf4+block
    • The only reason to ever use this move is for its armor, and even then bf1 is a safer option unless it will put you in the corner. However, one very good use I've found for this move, thanks to playing @Pig Of The Hut's Kenshi, is that it can be used to punish excessive jump-over pressure. If someone is trying to jump-over punch or kick, just wait until they make it past their jump arc and use this to armor through their attack, punish them for 17% damage, and put them in a hard knockdown within your 35%+ mix-up range.
  • Bionic Dash: bf2
    • This is pretty much used exclusively as a combo extender in the corner. It deals almost no damage and can be very difficult to combo mid-screen. So unless some crazy Bionic Dash tech is discovered, this move is currently reserved for corner-specific combos.
  • Bionic Blast: bf2+block
    • This is literally the worst move I've seen in the game, and I have no idea what its purpose is, other than doing a cool brutality (end a match with this move and press fff during the final hit). If you ever use this move, you're either trolling or you got an execution error and will rage that you actually wasted meter on this piece of shit.
  • Forces Rush: bf1
    • This move is really cool, and can catch a lot of players off guard. It's decently fast at 12 frames and covers quite a bit of distance. It also swaps places with your opponent, even on block, so it can be an effective way to get out of the corner. However, it's an airborne high-hitting attack, so its hitbox is a little wonky and it will whiff inconsistently in a lot of situations. It's also full-combo punishable on block, so be careful!
    • On hit this will send your opponent full-screen and leave you at +21, allowing for a free Hand Cannon or run+b2.
    • This is an easy move to confirm into when you successfully trade air-to-air. I recommend practicing her more optimized options, but it you're ever flustered or just don't want to think, bf1 can combo off of pretty much any launcher or anti-air.
    • This can also replace bf4 at the end of any combo. It's much easier to combo into, though it will typically deal about 4%-6% less damage. If you want to side-switch with your opponent, or you don't think you'll be able to connect the bf4 ender, go ahead and use this move.
  • Forces Charge: bf1+block
    • This is used almost identically to Gauntlet Flurry (bf4+block), only it covers about twice as much space and side-switches, and starts up almost twice as fast at 12 frames. You can use this as any easy, fast, armored way ti break through your opponent's defenses, but remember that it's full combo-punishable on block.
  • Air Ground Smash: (Air) dd4
    • At first I thought this move was pretty awful, since you have to be so close to your opponent to use it. However, after discovering how awesome her jump-forward 3 is, you can actually pretty easily train your opponent to respect that, and then start mixing it up with this move. I still think there are better strategies to use with Jacqui, and some characters have anti-airs that totally negate this move, but it can be good to keep in mind if your opponent is blowing up your other options.
    • This does have 2 interesting properties that might come in handy:
      1. It messes with her air momentum, allowing her to hang out for an extra second, which can allow her to avoid some projectiles and throw off some anti-airs.
      2. When she lands, her hitbox is insanely low; low enough to go under Cybernetic Kano's mid-hitting Knife projectiles.
  • Air Ground tremor: (Air) dd4+block
    • I'm really not sure what the point of this move is. It doesn't have armor, and only deals 3% more damage than Air Ground Smash. Right now it just seems like a great way to waste a bar or meter. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Combos

My philosophy on combos is to keep things as simple as possible. If I can eke out an extra 5% damage, but I drop the combo 50% of the time, then I would much rather deal 5% less but always hit that combo. As such, I'm not going to post the dozens of possible combos Jacqui has available. I'm only going to post what's been working for me, and will update as necessary.

Along those same lines, I don't waste time or energy on combos that are matchup or character specific. If a combo only works on male characters, or isn't viable online, I don't waste my time practicing it.

In order to execute Jacqui's midscreen combos, you will need to master the Run mechanic. There's no other way around it. In combo notation, "RC" means "Run Cancel".

In order to make Jacqui as threatening as possible, you will need to master canceling into specials from her f3b4 normal.

Any combo that starts with b2 or b33 can also start with f3b2, f4b2, f3b4, and f4b4 respectively, and vice versa. For low combos, I'll usually list them starting with f3b4 since that is much more viable than her b33 starter, except in the corner.

It seems that most combos that rely on MB.db2 do not work in the corner; in these cases, you can actually replace the MB.db2 with a meterless bf2. This usually deals about 10% less damage.

Finally, I don't use combos that require more than 1 meter; I believe they are inefficient with it comes to the meter/damage ratio. If you really want to use 2 or 3-meter combos, you can find them at: http://testyourmight.com/threads/jacqui-bae-briggs-combo-science-thread.49683/

So with that said, here we go:

Best Meterless Midscreen Punishers: These are the combos you'll want to use after blocking an unsafe string or special.
  • 1212~bf4
    • 7-frame high.
    • 23% damage.
    • Works anywhere on screen against all characters.
  • f12~db2-RC-11~bf4
    • 14-frame lunging mid.
    • 30% damage.
    • This version is for midscreen; corner variation covered later.
    • This is used to punish blocked specials that are super unsafe; otherwise you'll want to stick with her 1212 punisher.
    • I've found it can be difficult to properly punish with f12 because it's so easy to accidentally get a bf2. I don't know if I'm holding down-back to block, but I've been very purposeful about returning to neutral before doing the f1 (which is very easy on a Hitbox...), and I still get the damn bf1 instead of f1.

Best Meterless Midscreen Combos:

• Her 2 meterless punishers both make excellent midscreen meterless combos, especially since you'll be relying on her f12 pressure so often.
    • Just be careful canceling her 1212 into bf4; since it's not an option-select, the bf4 will come out even if your opponent is blocking, resulting in a full-combo punish. Luckily, 1212 is very easy to hit-confirm.
  • Overhead: b2~bf4
    • 21% damage.
    • 17-frame overhead lunging starter.
    • Can also be started from f3b2 and f4b2.
  • Low: f3b4-bf4
    • 21% damage.
    • Approximately 20-frame lunging starter.
    • Can also be started from b33 and f4b4.
    • Timing in f3b4 is very strict.
  • b14~db3-RC-4~bf4
    • 26% damage.
    • 16-frame mid starter can still whiff on crouching opponents.
    • 2nd hit is low, followed by Low Rocket; can take unsuspecting opponents by surprise.
    • The timing for following up the run-cancel is very strict; I would probably not use this in an actual match.. You can replace the RC-4~bf4 with a simple df2 for 17%, but then you're just better off going with one of her other midscreen combos.

Best Meterless Corner Combos:

• Overhead: b2~bf2-4~db2-4~bf4: 33%
    • Since b2 is an option-select, you can enter the bf2 with impunity, since it won't come out if the b2 is blocked.
    • Want to land this combo every time? Just train your opponent to block after your f12 string by canceling into Up-Missile. Once they start blocking low, get them in the corner, make them block a f1, but don't do the followup 2. Just do f1, then b2. 60% of the time, it works every time. -Brian Fantana
  • Overhead: b2~db3-4~db2-4~bf4: 36%
    • I just discovered this one, which is now viable with her recent patches, and it is probably an overall better alternative to her original overhead corner combo.
    • Just be careful with any combo that uses db3, since there will be a gap.
  • Low: b33~bf2-4~db2-4~bf4: 35%
    • The b33 will whiff unless you are right on that ass; you can replace it with f3b4 if you are outside of b33 range.
    • Since b33 and f3b4 are option-selects, you can enter the bf2 with impunity, since it won't come out the starter is blocked.
  • Low: b33~db3-33~db2-33~bf4: 44%
    • This is another one that now works thanks to her patches. Will probably totally replace the other low starter.
  • f12~db2-33~bf4: 34%
    • You really only want to use this if you are outside of b33 range and aren't yet comfortable with the f3b4 input. Even still, b2 is a better option unless you want to pressure your opponent with f1 neutral-block shenanigans.
  • 1212bf2-4~db2-4~bf4: 28%
    • Don't forget to hit-confirm before your bf2, or you'll eat a full-combo punish!!!
    • You really only want to use this if you block a wakeup in the corner that you can't punish with b33.
  • f2-u2-2+4-4~db2-4~bf4: 36%
    • This is a good one to use if they start ducking the missile after f12~db2. It's +2 on block and deals the most meterless corner damage, though there's not really any mixup.
Best 1-Meter Punishers:
  • 1212~MB.db2-RC-33~bf4
    • 7-frame high.
    • 38% damage.
    • Can choose to side-switch by running under the opponent.
    • If you don't want to side-switch, delay the RC a tiny bit.
    • This combo does work in the corner, but only deals 34%.
  • b2~MB.db2-RC-33~bf4
    • 17-frame lunging overhead.
    • 37% damage.
    • Can catch unsafe specials that leave the opponent outside the reach of 1 or f1.
Best 1-Meter Midscreen:
  • Both of the 1-Meter Punishers work great as standard midscreen combos.
    • The b2 punisher works exceptionally well when using the f3b2 and f4b2 variants.
  • f3b4~MB.db2-RC-33~bf4:
    • Long-range low.
    • 39% damage.
    • Can choose to side-switch by running under the opponent.
    • If you don't want to side-switch, delay the RC a tiny bit.

Last edited:

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
General Strategy

Oki

So let's go ahead and get this out of the way: you are going to be shooting your opponent a lot. Like, a lot a lot. Jacqui's Hand Cannon is one of the best zoning tools in the game, and is a key component in every aspect of her strategy. However, against seasoned opponents you are not going to win by spamming Hand Cannon; it's a tool and it needs to be used properly. So what does that mean?

If I'm playing online randoms (which I try not to do because you'll develop bad habits), it's anything goes. I'm not going to learn anything and they're not going to adapt; I'm basically just going to try to beat my opponent. However, when I'm playing a solid opponent who actually knows how to adapt, I'm going to spend a bit of time training them to adapt how I want them to. The Hand Cannon is a key component of this.

During these fights I like to go from safe but low reward to somewhat less safe with high reward. This means starting off with Hand Cannon. Sure it only deals 7% and gets a soft knockdown, but because it shoots 3 bullets, it blows up most wakeups before they have a chance to reach Jacqui. So step 1 is training your opponent to not waste their meter on armored wakeups. Just keep blasting them on wakeup until you notice they stop spending meter on armor. If they don't waste the meter, they're still totally locked down and cannot punish you.

Once you've got your opponent trained not to waste meter on wakeups, step 2 is to start mixing them up with b2 and f3b4 (which you can always do if they don't have meter). Be wary against cornered opponents, who will a lot of times still rely on armored wakeups out of desperation. You'll usually have to train them separately in the corner. Since you'll always be ending your combos in bf4, your opponent will always land in a hard knockdown within your b2 and f3b4 range; all you need to watch out for are delayed wakeups. This could almost be considered a vortex...

You'll need to learn your opponents' wakeup options in order to properly asses the risk/reward. If I'm fighting another Jacqui, I know the best she can get off an armored wakeup is MB.bf4, which is 17% on hit. That means I don't need to worry quite as much if I guess wrong and eat the wakeup. However, Kung Jin gets some serious damage off his armored wakeups, so I would be more inclined to play it safe and not risk eating a major combo.

Neutral Game

The Hand Cannon plays as big of a role here as it does in Oki. By the end of your first match, your opponent should be spending 90% of their time neutral crouching from mid-screen or further. Time your shots and add in large gaps where you don't shoot. Remember, a good player will want you to shoot, as long as they are anticipating it, so throw them off by chilling out. The impetus is on them to get to you, so never feel pressured to keep shooting. If your opponent jumps, shoot them out of the air on reaction (or Up Missile into RC-33~bf4 for a 31% punish).

Once you've got your opponent respecting your zoning, it's time to start mixing in Jacqui's Run mixups. When Jacqui runs at you, she has several options:
  1. Hand Cannon: In this option, you cancel your run almost immediately into her Hand Cannon. This is a good safe way to test your opponent's reactions and to blow up potential armored reversals.
  2. b2: This is your safe overhead. This will be blocked or d4'd more often than not, but it still has it's uses.
  3. f3b4: This move is already tough to do, especially after a Run, but the payoff can be enormous, so practice it.
  4. db3: If you notice your opponent attempting to punish your Run with pokes or blocking your b2, an early db3 Low Missile will launch for an easy Hand Cannon followup for 14%.
  5. Throw: If you notice your opponent is overly defensive and isn't poking in reaction to your Run shenanigans, then Run Throw can be a very effective strategy.
  6. db2: If you notice your opponent is jumping in reaction to your Run shenanigans (typically after eating a few Low Missiles), then you can start Run Canceling into Up Missile. This is typically a very safe option, and if they do jump, you can RC into 33-bf4 for a nice 31% punish that makes you look like a badass.
  7. j3: You'll want to input the 3 just before you hit your jump arc; this way it will anti-air if they try to jump, and it will hang out long enough to connect, even if they are crouching.
  8. f12: Jacqui's f12 string already has amazing range, so RCing into it makes it even more ridiculous. This is a great way to start her f1 shenanigans (covered below), though d4-happy opponents can typically beat her out.
Just remember that all of Jacqui's big damage combos require Run Cancels. This means you should never start her Run Cancel shenanigans unless you have a full bar of Stamina at your disposal, unless you're using the RC-df2, RC-db3, or RC-Throw.

F12: Her Bread and Butter

F1 is a 15-frame mid-hitting lunging attack. It makes for an amazing footsie tool, and is definitely her best whiff punisher. F12 can be easily confirmed into db2-RC-11~bf4 for an easy 30% midscreen/corner meterless combo. On block, the db2 is +11, unless they crouch. And when they start crouching, you can start mixing in overheads.

See, f1 is neutral on block. As is f12. This means you can interrupt either of these attacks and follow up with a fast normal to maintain your pressure. Once you train your opponent to start crouch-blocking after f1, you can start doing...
  • f1-throw: I have yet to see this not work, even on high-level opponents, once properly trained.
  • f1-b2: This is a little riskier than f1-throw, but the payoff is much bigger, since you get to unleash your best b2 meterless or 1-meter combo.
  • f1-1...: As long as you aren't at the absolute tip of your f1 range, a 1 followup will still connect with a blocking opponent. The reason I use the "1..." notation, is because 1, 12, 121, and 1212 are all neutral on block, leading to a similar set of shenanigans, which I'll cover shortly.
  • f12-throw
  • f12-b2
  • f12-1...
  • f12-d3: Some opponents will start low-poking automatically after the f12 string, since that will avoid the missile and reverse the pressure. This will catch a lot of such pokes.
  • f12-backdash: This will avoid most retaliation against your f12, and can lead to some very nice whiff punishes.
1212: Mixups Galore!

Let's say that you block Jax's Dash Punch, leaving him at -7. If you time it right, you can make him block a f12, but he's been low-poking the Up Missiles and blocking the b1 Overhead. A throw could work, but you'd really like to get something started. That's where 1212 comes in.

Jacqui's 1 is a 7-frame high, which means it can be used after pretty much any blocked string or special that doesn't leave her outside its range. In a lot of instances you can do the same with f12, but that only has a few viable options against a savvy opponent. 1212, on the other hand, has dozens.

1 is neutral on block. 12 is neutral on block. 121 is neutral on block. And 1212 is neutral on block. She also has 11 and 114, which are both neutral on block. Since 1 is a 7-frame high, each time you interrupt (or even finish!) any of those strings, your opponent only has a split second to try to counter-poke before they are locked back into your next block-string. Even if they are crouching, the 2nd hit of 1212 is a mid that comes out on the 16th frame, meaning the fastest low pokes in the game only have a window of 7-9 frames to try to poke you out.

Every single one of those strings can use any of the enders mentions in the f12 section. So 1-throw, 12-throw, 121, throw, 1212-throw, etc, are all viable. Are they crouching blocking? 12-b2. Are the poking after 1212? 1212-backdash. There are literally dozens of options, and you should choose a few patterns to practice, such as 12-1-1212-d3-1212-bf4.

Your goal is to confirm into a 1212-MB.db2-RC-33~bf4 for 38%, or 1212-bf4 for 23%, both of which end in a hard knockdown within your b2 and f3b4 range.

If you end up hitting, but don't confirm into anything, 12, 121, 11, and 112 are all over +20 on hit, allowing you a free f1 to continue your pressure. 1212 is only +9, but that still leaves enough time for a mostly-safe f1, or a totally-safe Hand Cannon.

The only big thing to watch out for when using the f12 and 1212 shenanigans is armored moves. If you get too predictable, you can end up getting punished by such moves.

***Note on Option Selects: There is currently an option-select where you can hold Block and mash out a poke (such as d4), and as soon as there is a gap, the poke will come out. There is a rumor this is being patched out, but currently this can mess with Jacqui's block string pressure a bit. Luckily, she has a trick. If you're opponent is abusing this option select, you can use 121-bf4 or 1212-bf4. There is a tiny gap which will cause their poke to come out, but not before they get hit by the bf2. Be careful because bf2 is full-combo punishable on block, but it can be a good way to get them to stop trying to option-select you.

Last edited:
d4~bd3 is very good since d4 has an amazing range. its my main poke atm.
also for stop them when they run into me. almost safe at max range
i am trying d4~ex bd3 as an "get in" tool or free jump in attempt haha

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Just updated the OP with a weird little shortcut for canceling her f3 into specials:

The timing for canceling into a special from the b2 is pretty much the same as a normal b2. However, canceling from the b4 is insane. In order to cancel into a bf move, the only consistent way I've found is to double-tap back. So to cancel into bf2, the input would be f3-b4-b-f2.[/quote

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Amazing guide, can't ask for anything more!
I'm a bit confused about something though: Whenever you said "run cancel" isn't that supposed to mean that a certain move won't come out? Not sure if I got the right concept...

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Amazing guide, can't ask for anything more!
I'm a bit confused about something though: Whenever you said "run cancel" isn't that supposed to mean that a certain move won't come out? Not sure if I got the right concept...
That basically just means run and do a string. So f12~db2-RC-11~bf4 means you need to run after the f12~db2 connects.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The more I mess with the f3-b4b, the easier it gets. I can consistently do f3-b4bf2-4~db2-4~bf4 in the corner for 34% meterless damage against all characters.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Could you imagine if B33 was the same as Sektor's B34?
Jesus...

This is the range of her f3b4. The f3b2 actually goes a bit further. So that's her 50/50 range, though I'm having trouble getting much meterless midscreen damage of the f3b4. I know it links into db3 which can be run-canceled into 11-bf4, but the link might be a bit too tight for online play.

Edit: f3-b4bf4 is a nice easy 21% meterless, and the bf4 won't come out unless it hits, so it's totally safe.

Lodrak

Noob
To do f3b4~db3 or f3b4~db2EX, I do it a little differently... input f3 and then IMMEDIATELY press b4 then db3, if you input it fast enough and hold back, it should come out. For some reason, the game wants you to be holding back at a specific point during the move, but you don't actually have to be holding 4 anymore, as long as you pressed it at some point. Dunno, give it a shot, this works flawlessly for me. Though it doesn't work for bf2 or bf4 I guess.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Made a quick, though very important update to the guide. The frame data for her f3b4 is incorrect. I believe it is the same on block as her b33, which is -7. Lao's 5-frame Cyclone will always punish it and his 7-frame Tornado will inconsistently punish it.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Still making progress on that fucking f3b4. I've figured out a way to consistently and easily cancel into MB Up Missile for her 39% combo:

Canceling into MB.db2 is crazy easy. Just press f3 and then press the db motion, but hold back, then let go of 3 and tap 2+block as soon as she starts the kick. It's all about holding back.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Finished the first draft of the section on her Specials. Now time for strategies and combos...

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Phew, just added a ton of shit for her Tech Shield and Advanced Tech. There are some very weird properties. For instance, you can absorb a thrown Ice Clone with Tech Shield, but if you try to reflect it you'll get blown up.

However, if you reflect Lao's MB hat while it's returning to him, it just looks like he fucks up getting it back and gets hit in the face!

Reflecting D'Vorah's Kawler also looks really funny.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Great stuff @karaokelove! Only thing I'd like to add is some extra meterless damage on two starters.

What I've been using for the S1 punisher/pressure is 121~db3, run, 1212~bf4. 29% meterless. Or to make it uber easy you can drop the last 2 before bf4 for 27%. For B14 I've been using B14~db3, run, 1212~bf4. Also 29% meterless.

After enough practice I rarely drop these combos and its the most I've found that can be consistently used.