What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Why isn't anyone playing Jacqui in tournaments???

So after watching NEC and other recent tournaments I've been thinking why the fuck are we not seeing Jacqui Briggs in tournament play. She has a lot of tools that I feel people are disregarding or simply ignoring. You see people play every other character including Goro and even Jason but not Jacqui.

Revolver is and he was at NEC. Her normals and poke game is among the worst in the game. She has an extremely difficult time getting her turn back. Her zoning is easily navigated by tournament level players.
I think you are pushing it a bit with "extremely" as it ain't that hard, I guess I just view it as something that she makes up for with her specials i.e. her vortex in shotgun which is mad underrated and her full auto shenanigans, she can get some nice hard to unblockables with that ex low rocket.

Really, never heard of him, are there any videos or anything??

I think you are pushing it a bit with "extremely" as it ain't that hard, I guess I just view it as something that she makes up for with her specials i.e. her vortex in shotgun which is mad underrated and her full auto shenanigans, she can get some nice hard to unblockables with that ex low rocket.
Because she needs more buffs
Any more buffs she'd be broke, that's they had to hotfix her up rocket as it was broke

Espio

Kokomo
Really boring character from a story and design perspective meets average/middle of the road at best which equals good luck lol.

Boring characters can get away with that if they're super good/dumb many who play to the tiers will still use them, but since she is lacking in pretty much any way that even more sentimental players would enjoy, it really hurts her.

And yes, I know people like Jacqui, but of the new characters she is the least well received by both spectrum of players. Cassie, D'Vorah, Erron, Kotal etc are not only more well received as characters, they are generally viewed as competitively better than her as well so it's not hard to see why things have developed as they have.

Really boring character from a story and design perspective meets average/middle of the road at best which equals good luck lol.

Boring characters can get away with that if they're super good/dumb many who play to the tiers will still use them, but since she is lacking in pretty much any way that even more sentimental players would enjoy, it really hurts her.

And yes, I know people like Jacqui, but of the new characters she is the least well received by both spectrum of players. Cassie, D'Vorah, Erron, Kotal etc are not only more well received as characters, they are generally viewed as competitively better than her as well so it's not hard to see why things have developed as they have.
You have a fair point, I personally like the character not at first though but then she grew on me. I like that she can have different gauntlets and maybe that they can expand on that in the future with different types but I still think it would've been really cool if she had mechanical legs/gauntlets. From a gameplay standpoint I feel like she's mad underrated, people just complain about her limbs which I'm sure NRS have done for a reason like she does has a 6-frame punish which ain't bad at all and can punish things that a lot of the cast could not.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese

While I don't find Jacqui boring, I can't disregard the general consensus along with the other factors in her gameplay that led to her absence in the competitive scene.

She's not nearly as bad as people make her out to be. She's plus on block on practically anything so once you get in you're in. Overhead is fast and it has some good range and easy to convert into mad damage, her low mid admittedly abysmal at best and the range on the first hit needs to be fixed. Stanky leg is awesome. Full auto has projectile mixups, shotgun has vortexes. shes a good character and a pain in the ass to play against if your opponent is good