What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Why isn't anyone playing Jacqui in tournaments???

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Haha that's good, yea she's really good just has a bad rep. She's plus in block on most of her normals too I forgot to add that.
I love that she is safe on block on about everything and forward shotgun only puts you at -1. Same reason I main Kano due to being safe in choke.
I guess her design is boring so thats why people are not into her. So the Robocop suit should help that out.

She's under rated but has great potential, I'm slowly making a name for her but it's hard with all of the match ups she has to face but check me out on YouTube on CEO winter fest, I'm OD full auto, I recently had a few matches against reo's predator at top of the food chain in virginia & am looking forward to seeing him again in new jerseys no props tournament.

She's under rated but has great potential, I'm slowly making a name for her but it's hard with all of the match ups she has to face but check me out on YouTube on CEO winter fest, I'm OD full auto, I recently had a few matches against reo's predator at top of the food chain in virginia & am looking forward to seeing him again in new jerseys no props tournament.
Can't find anything

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
I found the CEO Winterfest one. Starts at 26:46:

Good match. It's unfortunate you didn't cash out on Cassie at the end of that round though. :(

I struggle with the Predator matchup a lot, but I noticed at one point the long range low laser whiffed as you did hand cannon (a little after the 33:35 mark). I didn't know that was possible and it reminds me of something I've been trying to do with FF Liu Kangs high fireball in that matchup (he raises his leg so the laser whiffs). I'll have to look into it more when I get home because if that's a thing, I'll switch back to Jacqui because I'm way more comfortable with her than any other character, but I just was at a loss for what to do against Predator. Felt like his lasers just countered her, but maybe that's not the case.

I'm su
I found the CEO Winterfest one. Starts at 26:46:

Good match. It's unfortunate you didn't cash out on Cassie at the end of that round though. :(

I struggle with the Predator matchup a lot, but I noticed at one point the long range low laser whiffed as you did hand cannon (a little after the 33:35 mark). I didn't know that was possible and it reminds me of something I've been trying to do with FF Liu Kangs high fireball in that matchup (he raises his leg so the laser whiffs). I'll have to look into it more when I get home because if that's a thing, I'll switch back to Jacqui because I'm way more comfortable with her than any other character, but I just was at a loss for what to do against Predator. Felt like his lasers just countered her, but maybe that's not the case.
I'm surprised you actually found it but yes, my Jacqui at the time was lacking due to combo drops but she's only gotten better ever since but it was a great match. What you said about predator is also true, I've noticed his low missle shot tends to whiff against my full auto shots which gave Jacqui a good advantage, I caught on facing reo's predator if totfc in Virginia. I'll also be in new Jersey on Feb.20 for noprops in hopes of making top 3 so hopefully you'll see more jacqui Briggs on stream.

Tweedy

Noob
Jacqui is where October Mileena was. She's probably higher than A tier, but people put her in like B or B+, for whatever reason.

If another patch hits, expect her to be overbuffed.

Edit: It's cool to see that players like Yung and Krizbe don't downplay at all. They arguably upplay.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
get back in top 8 next week!! Would love to see more jackie at that level... and high tech is so great to watch... (but do what you need to win)

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Yah, i play all at an advanced level!! I Wish I could've really showed off my Jacqui, but Takeda destroys her so. Yah.
Wish you could've seen SF play SG against Takeda. He was taking advantage of a gap in Takeda's strings consistently and he would low SG right through like Takeda's pressure was shit.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Jacqui is where October Mileena was. She's probably higher than A tier, but people put her in like B or B+, for whatever reason.

If another patch hits, expect her to be overbuffed.

Edit: It's cool to see that players like Yung and Krizbe don't downplay at all. They arguably upplay.
Krizbe downplays pretty hard man, you shoulda seen what his matchup chart was like before the Jacqui community yelled at him (can't shoot guns = 2-8, trouble shooting guns = 3-7). Stosn deserves an honorable mention instead, always been a diehard high tech player that always looked past the faults, and is now showing up in ESL weeks.

Tweedy

Noob
Krizbe downplays pretty hard man, you shoulda seen what his matchup chart was like before the Jacqui community yelled at him (can't shoot guns = 2-8, trouble shooting guns = 3-7). Stosn deserves an honorable mention instead, always been a diehard high tech player that always looked past the faults, and is now showing up in ESL weeks.
My bad. I saw him say that she's top 15, that's all I was going off of.

OfficialYungmonster

Run and Tell ya mama bout that
He hasn't made it very far

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
3-0d by dragon in the FINALS of a challenger cup after eliminating both Pig and ForeverKing.

Both your guys' places have been good, neither of you should be trying to shit on each other, but trying to say that yung's performances have been poor is ridiculous.

Keep up the good work man, but cmon, don't be like that.