What's new

Who's your most difficult opponent on Xbox Live.

Who's your most difficult opponent on Xbox Live?

• I Sugar I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DC HUSTLE 106

• Annihilator83

• abc ur dead0

• Genital Tumor A.K.A Necropedephile

• ShaneyMcGrady

• Total voters

FILER

Noob
This is like any sport. There are alot of "purist" that believe certain professional athletes are the best because they dominated during their time. The fact is, UMK3 is probably more competitve then ever right now. And it is because these great players in the past have posted all of their secrets and strategies about this game so we could learn faster. There are people online right now that can do combos after 6 months that probably took years to discover. Because of this, I believe that this new group of players coming up right now can compete with ANYONE. I believe that to say you can't use a stick or you can't use a controller is dumb, skill is skill, there are ways to use both, and we saw the result at the last tournament when Crazy won. (Please someone who was there tell me if this is untrue). If one player can use a controller and be one of the best, why does he need to use a cab? It may be night and day, but you can't tell me that Crazy couldn't pick up a cab and after some time and practice dominate just like on a controller....maybe even better.

The fact is, the older players have paved the way for the newer generation, but just because they have followed doesn't mean that they are far behind in ability level now. I'm not a great player, but I see Lex, Hanzo, _ded, Shock, Moe in videos, and they are AMAZING. But I believe that CD, Shaney, DC, Annihilator, Birkin, Pajaro, Necro, Frankie, Dany, UMK Killer could compete...maybe I am totally off base, maybe I don't know what I'm even talking about, but I would love to see it.

filer82985 said:
This is like any sport. There are alot of "purist" that believe certain professional athletes are the best because they dominated during their time. The fact is, UMK3 is probably more competitve then ever right now. And it is because these great players in the past have posted all of their secrets and strategies about this game so we could learn faster. There are people online right now that can do combos after 6 months that probably took years to discover. Because of this, I believe that this new group of players coming up right now can compete with ANYONE. I believe that to say you can't use a stick or you can't use a controller is dumb, skill is skill, there are ways to use both, and we saw the result at the last tournament when Crazy won. (Please someone who was there tell me if this is untrue). If one player can use a controller and be one of the best, why does he need to use a cab? It may be night and day, but you can't tell me that Crazy couldn't pick up a cab and after some time and practice dominate just like on a controller....maybe even better.

The fact is, the older players have paved the way for the newer generation, but just because they have followed doesn't mean that they are far behind in ability level now. I'm not a great player, but I see Lex, Hanzo, _ded, Shock, Moe in videos, and they are AMAZING. But I believe that CD, Shaney, DC, Annihilator, Birkin, Pajaro, Necro, Frankie, Dany, UMK Killer could compete...maybe I am totally off base, maybe I don't know what I'm even talking about, but I would love to see it.
THOSE ARE JUST COMBO VIDEOS THAT THEY RECORD...ITS NOT LIKE THEY PLAY EXACTLY LIKE THAT EVERY MATCH...AND OFCOURSE THE GUYS U JUST NAMED COULD "YES" COMPETE WITH THEM

Shaney

Noob
filer82985 said:

Agreed.

dubson

Noob
Dude...

At least Kobe and Michael Jordan played the same sport on the same courts...

Live play and Cab play are not the same courts...

To be honest that was just a terrible way comparasin to begin with bro.

I could go on for days tearing you up on that statement

And anyone can practice long and hard enough on a cab and be good, thats exactly the point though, ALOT of practice.

Noone was saying that DC, CD, or any of them could practice and be good on a stick, just that since they are sick on live that they can just hop on and be sick on a stick. They are gonna need practice.

Your comparing people who play on live with people who were in the arcades in 95 and prior mastering MK in its true form.

A sport is something that takes constant drain on your fatigue, stamina, and overall ability. Michael Jordan is not as good now as he was when he was Kobe's age so watching them play a first to 10 wouldnt even be fair.

I guess youll have to ask Shock if he thinks he is as good on a cab now as he was when he first got competitive.

FILER

Noob
MoB Mizz Barbie said:
filer82985 said:

THOSE ARE JUST COMBO VIDEOS THAT THEY RECORD...ITS NOT LIKE THEY PLAY EXACTLY LIKE THAT EVERY MATCH...AND OFCOURSE THE GUYS U JUST NAMED COULD "YES" COMPETE WITH THEM
I'm not talking about combo videos. I'm talking about the highest possible combos in real combat that alot of people can't do which can be the difference between some players.

Example...
consistent Reptile juggles for big damage
aahp high damage combos
big corner combos
ect.

Shock said:
I agree with the last two posts.

Konqrr, from now on when we play casuals I will go straight up 100% :wink: so long as it makes you a better player.

As for Pajar, without question he has his game down, he can pull off whatever he wants whenever he wants. He is extremely fast and I'm not sure how he is since I'm assuming he has the same lag as I do, but then again he may not as I've experienced many times and it's a hideous disadvantage especially against top level players. That having been said, the only reason I feel I have trouble against him is because I always have delay. I say this because I have beaten him so long as he doesn't get any openings that shouldn't have been there. We've talked about the lag keeping us world's apart, it sucks cause I'd like to play him for real.
Thanks Shock id like 2 play u in the old fashion way = cabinets here' s where i can prove my real level

Shaney

Noob
Dubson said:
Dude...

And anyone can practice long and hard enough on a cab and be good.

Noone was saying that DC, CD, or any of them could practice and be good on a stick, just that since they are sick on live that they can just hop on and be sick on a stick. They are gonna need practice.

Your comparing people who play on live with people who were in the arcades in 95 and prior mastering MK in its true form.

A sport is something that takes constant drain on your fatigue, stamina, and overall ability. Michael Jordan is not as good now as he was when he was Kobe's age so watching them play a first to 10 wouldnt even be fair.

I guess youll have to ask Shock if he thinks he is as good on a cab now as he was when he first got competitive.
That's what we were saying earlier though, Shock and these other cab players might have grown up right next to a place that had one, I did myself, but it was taken down years ago. Not everyone has access to one, and I highly doubt anyone is gonna go buy one off of Ebay just to play on it. I could care less to play on one. I don't believe anybody that would say I or someone else wasn't good because they didn't play on a cabinet. I could care less about a cabinet. I believe it's about the skill a player has, not what stick, pad, cab, or console he plays on. It's like saying, DC isn't good because he doesn't play on a cabinet, I know you didn't say that Dubson, i'm just making an example.

FILER

Noob
Dubson said:
Dude...

And anyone can practice long and hard enough on a cab and be good.

There are alot of people who believe professional athletes are much more talented acrossed the board now then in the past, including myself. With each new decade knowledge, experience, cross training, and such makes players better. I think alot of college players are better now then pro players from the past.

As far as MK, there are ways to hook up an arcade stick and xbox controller. When they did that at Evo...who won?

We ALL agree here that it would take alot of time to get used to a stick. If this was the debate I'm not sure why people are argueing. I never said they could hop on a stick and be good right away. Look...I said it would take alot of time and practice...but it is possible.

So we are going to say that we will never know if they could beat Shock in his prime? I'm not talking about prime, I'm talking about right now, I guess I don't understand what you are talking about at all Dubson. I'm simply saying right now, I think the xbox generation could, with time learn to play on a stick and easily compete with all of the people who only play on a stick. And vice versa.

dubson

Noob
Again noone said noone wasnt good because they cant play on a stick...

People are coming up with things that havent even been said.

If someone said you werent good at Mortal Kombat because you cant play on a stick, please provide the quote.

FILER

Noob
I've heard that alot over this site. That if you don't play on a cab or stick or old school in an arcade that you'll never know how to play the game or be as good at the game. Look in almost any thread, the older players have said this alot.

filer82985 said:
MoB Mizz Barbie said:
filer82985 said:

I'm not talking about combo videos. I'm talking about the highest possible combos in real combat that alot of people can't do which can be the difference between some players.

Example...
consistent Reptile juggles for big damage
aahp high damage combos
big corner combos
ect.
I KNO THAT...MOST OF THERE VIDEOS SHOW THEM AT THEIR BEST WITH THE CONSISTENT REP JUGGLES...BUT THEY DONT PLAY LIKE THAT EVERY TIME...THEIR VIDEOS SHOW THEM DOING LIKE CRAZY ASS STUFF BUT THEY CANT PULL THAT STUFF OFF EVERY SINGLE TIME...I MEAN ON SOME OF SHOCKS VIDEOS HE PLAYS REALLY WELL WITH REP BUT WHEN I PLAYED SHOCK IN RANKED MATCHES HE PICKED REP AND I PICKED KABAL AND THE MOST JUGGLES HE GOT ON ME WAS 3 AND IT WASNT ANY LAG NOR DELAY...SO YA MY POINT PROVEN

Edit by Shock:
Barbie please lay off the caps.

dubson

Noob
I guess when you read my post you forgot to read the last statement of it, when I said you will have to ask shock if he thinks he is as good now as he was then, noone said about people playing him in his "prime"

Also since you wanna throw out the Stick on the 360 situation, its not same man. Im sorry but it is not.

The 360 is not at perfect arcade speed, I am sorry but it is true. And I highly highly doubt that any stick they hooked up to the 360 had perfect response times. You know why? It doesnt exist. All it can do is get very close.

Please have knowledge of your arguments.

filer82985 said:
I've heard that alot over this site. That if you don't play on a cab or stick or old school in an arcade that you'll never know how to play the game or be as good at the game. Look in almost any thread, the older players have said this alot.
Thats not what shaney said, shaney said he has had someone say "THAT HE IS NOT GOOD AT MK BECAUSE HE CANT PLAY ON A STICK"

Not what you said in taht quote at all.

Again if anyone said that, and if there are so many of them provide quotes.

Shaney

Noob
filer82985 said:
Yep, on this site and online too.

dubson

Noob
ShaneyMcGrady1 said:
That's what we were saying earlier though, Shock and these other cab players might have grown up right next to a place that had one, I did myself, but it was taken down years ago. Not everyone has access to one, and I highly doubt anyone is gonna go buy one off of Ebay just to play on it. I could care less to play on one. I don't believe anybody that would say I or someone else wasn't good because they didn't play on a cabinet. I could care less about a cabinet. I believe it's about the skill a player has, not what stick, pad, cab, or console he plays on. It's like saying, DC isn't good because he doesn't play on a cabinet, I know you didn't say that Dubson, i'm just making an example.
Im not attacking Shaney, just dont think anyone said that

FILER

Noob
Dubson said:
I guess when you read my post you forgot to read the last statement of it, when I said you will have to ask shock if he thinks he is as good now as he was then, noone said about people playing him in his "prime"

Also since you wanna throw out the Stick on the 360 situation, its not same man. Im sorry but it is not.

The 360 is not at perfect arcade speed, I am sorry but it is true. And I highly highly doubt that any stick they hooked up to the 360 had perfect response times. You know why? It doesnt exist. All it can do is get very close.

Please have knowledge of your arguments.

filer82985 said:
Thats not what shaney said, shaney said he has had someone say "THAT HE IS NOT GOOD AT MK BECAUSE HE CANT PLAY ON A STICK"

Not what you said in taht quote at all.

Again if anyone said that, and if there are so many of them provide quotes.
I'm done with this before it goes any farther. I said many times in my post that I'm NOT very knowledgeable on MK, and "correct me if I am wrong", I was just posting my opinions. I do however think that you are being kind of rude in the way you are responding, so I'm just going to step down.

EDIT.... Also I believe I have heard Frankie say that the actual gameplay between the 360 and cabinet is identical. Maybe I am remembering this wrong, Frankie please correct me if I am wrong on this statement.

dubson

Noob
It is just irritating when people speak things that they are not knowledge able enough to say.

Im not trying to be a jerk to you Filer, your one of my friends too and we have played for a while, but if your gonna speak about arcade's, sticks on 360's and such and just all of it you gotta have the correct info for that reason.

DC HUSTLE 106 said:
i mean if we are good on xbl and if a cabinet is as good as everyone says it is then most likely our skill will increase in that case.
YA DC YOU AND CRAZY SHOULD GO GET A CAB SO YOU CAN POOP ON PEOPLE EVEN MORE THAN YOU ALREADY DO LOL :lol:

Shaney

Noob
Let me ask you a question Dubson, since you have played on a cabinet and on the 360. Would you be quick to disregard someone as good as Crazy because he's as good as he is on a console and not a cabinet? Because it seems to me like that's what a lot of the cabinet players do to the console players.

MoB Mizz Barbie said:
DC HUSTLE 106 said:
i mean if we are good on xbl and if a cabinet is as good as everyone says it is then most likely our skill will increase in that case.
YA DC YOU AND CRAZY SHOULD GO GET A CAB SO YOU CAN POOP ON PEOPLE EVEN MORE THAN YOU ALREADY DO LOL :lol:
im sorry but i am not purchasing a cabinet

DC HUSTLE 106 said:
MoB Mizz Barbie said:
DC HUSTLE 106 said:
im sorry but i am not purchasing a cabinet
I KNO IT WAS A JOKE...DUH