What's new

Who's your most difficult opponent on Xbox Live.

Who's your most difficult opponent on Xbox Live?

• I Sugar I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DC HUSTLE 106

• Annihilator83

• abc ur dead0

• Genital Tumor A.K.A Necropedephile

• ShaneyMcGrady

• Total voters
The biggest difference is stick players dont make excuses, they can play on any sorta setup... mame, xbox360, or a cabinet. Console players only play on one thing. Your not the best if you cant beat everyone on everything.

Frankiebonez said:
The biggest difference is stick players dont make excuses,
This is completely untrue in my experience. In fact, that's exactly what people are doing when they say, "It doesn't matter if it's not on a cab." Whether or not that statement has any merit, I'm not gonna bother getting into, since it's a fruitless argument, kinda like having two people shouting, "Great taste!" "Less filling!" across a table at each other.

Console players only play on one thing. Your not the best if you cant beat everyone on everything.
I can agree with the second part of this statement, but it leads to a pretty final conclusion; nobody can ever be universally considered, "The Best." I've never seen ded_ on Xbox Live, I don't think Hanzo is gonna be swinging by your local arcade for some competition anytime soon, and I'm certain there's plenty of people in, say, Thailand, who are great at the game that we've never even heard of, and probably never will.[/quote]

PapaJester said:
Frankiebonez said:
The biggest difference is stick players dont make excuses,
This is completely untrue in my experience. In fact, that's exactly what people are doing when they say, "It doesn't matter if it's not on a cab." Whether or not that statement has any merit, I'm not gonna bother getting into, since it's a fruitless argument, kinda like having two people shouting, "Great taste!" "Less filling!" across a table at each other.

Console players only play on one thing. Your not the best if you cant beat everyone on everything.
I can agree with the second part of this statement, but it leads to a pretty final conclusion; nobody can ever be universally considered, "The Best." I've never seen ded_ on Xbox Live, I don't think Hanzo is gonna be swinging by your local arcade for some competition anytime soon, and I'm certain there's plenty of people in, say, Thailand, who are great at the game that we've never even heard of, and probably never will.
[/quote]

What I'm saying is that stick players CAN play on anything, by choice... Console players just cant compete on other platforms.

The best on xbox live is totally different than the best offline, obviously. And this thread is about xbox live, online play, console play. Basically any offline content is null and void, as far as staying "on topic" is concerned. Your right, there are great players everywhere in the country, so thusly no one can really be universally considered unless there is a huge world wide tourny which just wont happen. We can hope for a North American tournament, thats really about it.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
DC HUSTLE 106 said:
here we go with this whole cabinet and xbl skill thing again.
Come to ECC and show what you got if you don't like it. Playing a gamepad is fine, but in the situation of a console, unless you get a custom stick made, you would have to use a gamepad. I know for a fact it is impossible to play the game to its highest potential on a gamepad, and trying to play like you can will screw you in the end. I have been doing a lot better lately even on the busted stick than I was on the gamepad and I used a PSX controller for MKT for years, so it's not like I don't know how.

For any of you who can beat me when I'm on gamepad, understand that you're up againsta about a 30% handicapped version of me in terms of accuracy, and a significant difference in mobility and positioning. Until you actually utilize the stick to its fullest capacity, you can't say otherwise. When this specific version of the game came out 12 years ago, you didn't have a choice, everyone played used the same thing, it was an even playing field. Take this up one more notch, a keyboard has a higher potential for accuracy than a stick, but since a keyboard is the least likely option to use for anyone, I don't really use it for comparison. At NEC7 last year I played Crazy some matches on the KB even with the input screwed up from being connected to converters with the sticks, and I still beat him a bunch of times, meanwhile, I can't touch him online with a gamepad. I can't use KB on XBL anymore because the converter doesn't work anymore. I have gone through great lengths at every console or PC based tournament I've run to satisfy everyone but the stick players have always been disappointed because you can't get the speed out of the happs parts connected to a gamepad's PCB.

So all in all, different set ups cause for different issues, even on sticks you will find issues here and there because some players like hard spring, some don't, etc, but it's not as big a difference as it is trying to say, do a cross up anti air spin with Kabal with your thumb, or your wrist. There are tactics and moves with characters that are virtually unavailable that a lot of you don't use or even know about, or at least not on the same level of speed and dexterity. You guys don't know what you're missing.

dubson

Noob
Playing on a cab and playing on live is just like night and day, it really is THAT different, thats all there is too it, as much as alot of players dont like to admit it.

Crazy D has adapted Perfectly to the XBL delay and With the Pad. It's preference. If you grow up on a Cab and then try XBL, Of course the Cab is going to seem MUCH better. Doesn't mean you can't adapt to play on either. Pad STARTERS can become just as good on a cab with practice. On the same token, You can't say Stick players can play on ANYTHING right off the bat and are better. That's simply untrue. Every new medium takes practice to learn, regardless of which one you started on.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
added more to my post*

But the bottom line is this game wasn't designed to be played on gamepad or online, or analog, the original stick is 4 way to boot. What we have now is a fantastic novelty.

Also the whole idea of having to accept or adapt to online play when it is bad (not saying that it is always) is absolutely and completely ridiculous. A cab doesn't SEEM better, it is better, all the time. It's not open for debate.

This is why I want to make a tournament ranking system on here for XBL, Kaillera, and in person tournaments (even grouping the bunch together for that) just to identify the different scenarios. It will happen.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Cab > Pad. Period.

Hey Shock....did you see my post on the last page? (page 10) About the happ sticks, or what not...

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
OK, no I didn't see that. I'm not sure if it's the work, or the PCB, but the happs parts for two of the sticks I've used seem to fail within a year. One was a single button and some stick directions, the other is 4 buttons. Also, I've noticed, and I think it's just when playing on XBLA (even offline) the reaction time for pressing the buttons is not 100% compared to playing on an arcade machine. The night I played at the Made in NY shop I went home that night and tried my stick on Arcade mode, it just didn't feel the same. The stick I was using was designed to be 100% authentic arcade style. For me, it's enough to comfortably beat 99.9% of players on XBL but I wouldn't use it against a real arcade cab's stick if the arcade's stick is available. Hopefully that'll clear it up. I think the Sanwa parts will prove to be a better option in terms of speed.

On a side note, at least half of my 33 ranked losses can be chalked up to learning that horrible Dpad to a usable level.

all i think this is about is peoples just jeoluse over crazy dominican because he is better than pretty much every one on this site so people try to make excuses but really there is no excuses just accept the fact that hes better and stop crying about it. and no one here has ever played ded_, hanzo or any foreigner so you cant say there better than crazy. they might suck but then again they might be the best but no one can judge that unless they play. but im pretty sure that crazys the best in america and alot of people know that but just dont want to admit it cause there losers.

DizGirlWillOwnU said:
LEX, MOE, RZP, SHOCK go get him!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
omg u have probobly never played any of those guys u just named except for shock...so how can u judge and say go get him...omg i love how people try to get on peoples good side...before u say something like that make sure u have played then 1st...

jjepperson said:
all i think this is about is peoples just jeoluse over crazy dominican because he is better than pretty much every one on this site so people try to make excuses but really there is no excuses just accept the fact that hes better and stop crying about it. and no one here has ever played ded_, hanzo or any foreigner so you cant say there better than crazy. they might suck but then again they might be the best but no one can judge that unless they play. but im pretty sure that crazys the best in america and alot of people know that but just dont want to admit it cause there losers.
Where the hell did you pull this out of?

abc ur dead0 said:
jjepperson said:
Where the hell did you pull this out of?
his ass

FILER

Noob
CD is the best I've ever played. Some of the best players in this game on XBL...

DC, Annihilator, Shaney, and many others agree that he is the best. He is the best on Xbox live, hands down. If you can't beat someone online, I don't think it is a fair arguement to say that you could/would beat them on a cabinet. Who knows, maybe he is god on a cabinet too.

EDIT....OOPS! Guess he is THAT good.

filer82985 said:
CD is the best I've ever played. Some of the best players in this game on XBL...

DC, Shaney, Annihilator, Shaney, and many others agree that he is the best. He is the best on Xbox live, hands down. If you can't beat someone online, I don't think it is a fair arguement to say that you could/would beat them on a cabinet. Who knows, maybe he is god on a cabinet too.
ya u cant judge people if they are good or not by what they play on...all the older people was born 2 play on the arcade or cabinets and the newer generation learned 2 play on a controller like on xbl so ya no one should judge people by what they play on...some people use a stick on xbl and still get destoyed by people playing with the 360 controller...so yaaaa

dubson

Noob
Scheisse said:
Dubson said:
Playing on a cab and playing on live is just like night and day, it really is THAT different, thats all there is too it, as much as alot of players dont like to admit it.
Some(Most, I would say) people, have little experience on a stick for umk3 or just plain don't know wtf they are talking about :)

I don't understand how you could not see the differences.
Even something as simple as charging Kanos ball is a bitch on pad.
On stick you can charge that move, have full use of all of the buttons with multiple fingers and have an entire hand to use for control instead of using it to run as well.

On cabinet you can see the other persons reactions and should be able to react with the sound of the button presses alone.

When this game was big in arcades. When both players were in danger in the 3rd round or close you would even have to jupe THE SOUNDS of the button presses against some players to fake them out. This was more so a big part of high level MK2 cabinet gameplay as well.

Completely different beast. Online gameplay allows people to hide bs like spamming back,back,back,back for spears... offline you wouldn't have a chance.
Thats exactly what I'm saying, alot of the people that come here that just got introduced to this on live, are all defensive whenever cab playing gets brought up and how it is superior because they have no experience with it.

All they do is lie and act like they did because if they really did, they couldnt be that dishonest with themselves.

Fake...

EDIT: You are so right about reactions and such, like watching someone spam back,back,back for a move, online you can hide all that gay shit, or when online people spam HP while holding block and down..... Shit is completely different

dubson

Noob
Crazy may be the best on live but that doesnt give him the title of best in the universe.

Are there even any videos of him playing on a cab? Has anyone here even played him on a cab...?

I realize that alot of these people got "better" at this game by playing Crazy so they get all attached to him and defend him as the best.

Im not hatin on you Crazy, I still love you :wink:

Scheisse said:
Dubson said:
Some(Most, I would say) people, have little experience on a stick for umk3 or just plain don't know wtf they are talking about :)

I don't understand how you could not see the differences.
Even something as simple as charging Kanos ball is a bitch on pad.
On stick you can charge that move, have full use of all of the buttons with multiple fingers and have an entire hand to use for control instead of using it to run as well.

On cabinet you can see the other persons reactions and should be able to react with the sound of the button presses alone.

When this game was big in arcades. When both players were in danger in the 3rd round or close you would even have to jupe THE SOUNDS of the button presses against some players to fake them out. This was more so a big part of high level MK2 cabinet gameplay as well.

Completely different beast. Online gameplay allows people to hide bs like spamming back,back,back,back for spears... offline you wouldn't have a chance.

of course it would be good for you guys because that what you guys played back in the day. but we play on 360 so thats what we are use to, you guys are use to sticks and we are use to pads.

Dubson i know you are probably talking about me and a few others so you dont have to beat around the bush.