What's new

Who is Supergirl's worst match-up?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I think she loses to captain cold and black Adam.
Black Adam I can see but Cold is no worse than 5-5 imo.

She outfootsies Cold and her pressure is pretty good against him. After b123 Cold doesn't really have any good answers.

I mean yeah once he gets lvl 2 trait he can chill from fullscreen and duck the lasers. But she still has control the rest of the time and shouldn't let him get lvl 2 trait very easily.

Edit: I highly doubt BB only loses 2 matchups. Comparing him to Supergirl is stupid lol. This character is probably top 3, I don't see why people can't just admit that.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Well, if only Black Adam had a launching overhead string that hits from footsie range that you could use against these pesky crouching opponents..
It doesn't have as much range as f1 and it's risky against Supergirl as her b1 is way faster (and I belive has more range too). Also that overhead has quite long recovery and against a character with Supergirl's air mobility is even more risky.

It's a good normal, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't help as much as it should in this MU I belive.

I think she loses to captain cold and black Adam.
I disagree with both.

Tweedy

Noob
So beetle has 2 losing matchups, is he OP Too? Too many tools?
Beetle players probably have the opposite of Grandmaster syndrome. Like I've seen people on here say Beetle vs Superman is 5-5 but that's definitely not the case. Superman definitely has the advantage, i'm sure others do as well that are supposedly 5-5.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Black Adam I can see but Cold is no worse than 5-5 imo.

She outfootsies Cold and her pressure is pretty good against him. After b123 Cold doesn't really have any good answers.

I mean yeah once he gets lvl 2 trait he can chill from fullscreen and duck the lasers. But she still has control the rest of the time and shouldn't let him get lvl 2 trait very easily.

Edit: I highly doubt BB only loses 2 matchups. Comparing him to Supergirl is stupid lol. This character is probably top 3, I don't see why people can't just admit that.
Because she's not Top 3.

Batman, Superman, Adam, Aqua, Flash, Catwomen, are all better then her.

Flash only due to 50/50's that lead into huge damage and his ambitiously gross oki game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Because she's not Top 3.

Flash only due to 50/50's that lead into huge damage and his ambitiously gross oki game.
Being better and being higher on the tier list isn't necessarily the same thing. Superman can be better than Supergirl, while she's S tier and he's A+ tier. This is because tier lists are largely based on MU's.

Aside from that, Supergirl is almost certainly top 5 at this point imo. Not sure about top 3 but in the current meta the difference between top 3 and top 5 is negligible imo.

Zoidberg747

Because she's not Top 3.

Flash loses to a bunch of characters, so many that he's probably not even top 10. Same with Aqua, he had 6 or 7 bad MUs pre-patch. Supes has quite a few bad MUs as well. Batman also has 2-3 bad MUs, although I guess he has arguably more good matchups which could put him right there with the other 3. Even with that the lowest she would be is top 4, which is pretty negligble.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Flash loses to a bunch of characters, so many that he's probably not even top 10. Same with Aqua, he had 6 or 7 bad MUs pre-patch. Supes has quite a few bad MUs as well. Batman also has 2-3 bad MUs, although I guess he has arguably more good matchups which could put him right there with the other 3. Even with that the lowest she would be is top 4, which is pretty negligble.
That's fair.

Still who bodies Flash really hard other then Top Tiers? We can literally go through the list right now. Flash is Top 10-5.

Also can we agree that Scarecrow is Top 6 at worse?

Zoidberg747

That's fair.

Still who bodies Flash really hard other then Top Tiers? We can literally go through the list right now. Flash is Top 10-5.

Also can we agree that Scarecrow is Top 6 at worse?
Cold bodies Flash harder than anyone. Aqua is arguably not top tier anymore but still bodies flash. Wonder woman is also one of his worst matchups.

That right there is 3 3-7 MUs and he also loses to a lot of other characters like Batman, Green Arrow, Catwoman, Supergirl probably, etc. Flash is entertaining but he's not top 10.

Scarecrow is probably right outside of top 5 right now.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
I think people need to be more patient against Supergirl and learn how her pressure (or lack thereof) works. People let supergirl get away with way too much and I believe people will see in time that she's not that perfect, flawless character everyone seems to think she is.

haketh

Noob
Cold bodies Flash harder than anyone. Aqua is arguably not top tier anymore but still bodies flash. Wonder woman is also one of his worst matchups.

That right there is 3 3-7 MUs and he also loses to a lot of other characters like Batman, Green Arrow, Catwoman, Supergirl probably, etc. Flash is entertaining but he's not top 10.

Scarecrow is probably right outside of top 5 right now.
Doesn't Sub-Zero on paper give Flash a ton of trouble?

And yeah Scarecrow is either 5 or 6

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
im glad they made supergirl a bit safer on her main string and gave her a slight damage buff.

gotta start backdashing out of the last hit of her +4 string.

im thinking of using her actually. I'm glad more people are using her, because she's getting easier to fight.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I think people need to be more patient against Supergirl and learn how her pressure (or lack thereof) works. People let supergirl get away with way too much and I believe people will see in time that she's not that perfect, flawless character everyone seems to think she is.
The thing is that she doesn't have to take unnecessary risks now. She has the gap in her breath pressure but she doesn't HAVE to take that risk anymore with B123 being completely safe now. Now she has that safe meterless option. And D1~breath is still good thanks to her D1 being great. She can counter your punish attempt with another D1 or walk back D1, etc. her D1 also low profiles a lot of stuff.
She doesn't really have any glaring weakness anymore and her meterbuild is not that big of a deal anymore IMO since she has safe meterless options now, she HAD to use her meter ALL the time pre-patch to stay safe but now that's not the case anymore.
She is probable the most well-rounded character in the game and her toolset is probably the most complete out of all characters. If you think this character should not be considered top 5 right now you need Jesus.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
The Supergirl community is a mistake.
Not picking on you, but honestly, as much as I've seen you complain about Supergirl, I really & truly believe that you just hate her in general for lore. Because I've seen you complain about her teleport at times & I really & truly don't believe that you believe what you say. You would have to give me a legitimate reason as to why you feel that way. Because I'm honestly not convinced at all lol. So maybe you can help me understand your point of view more. I'm not trying to insult you at all. I'm just trying to figure out what is your issue with her lol.

I DO believe that because her movelist is relatively small & easy to use, she's a hard character to balance, but I think she's fine the way that she is. She doesn't need anymore buffs nor does she need nerfs.

JDE

The thing is that she doesn't have to take unnecessary risks now. She has the gap in her breath pressure but she doesn't HAVE to take that risk anymore with B123 being completely safe now. Now she has that safe meterless option. And D1~breath is still good thanks to her D1 being great. She can counter your punish attempt with another D1 or walk back D1, etc. her D1 also low profiles a lot of stuff.
She doesn't really have any glaring weakness anymore and her meterbuild is not that big of a deal anymore IMO since she has safe meterless options now, she HAD to use her meter ALL the time pre-patch to stay safe but now that's not the case anymore.
She is probable the most well-rounded character in the game and her toolset is probably the most complete out of all characters. If you think this character should not be considered top 5 right now you need Jesus.
She doesn't, I agree but she gets predictable when she's not taking risks.

JDE

Look - someone with an actual sense.
That being said her 112 string thats +3 on block, starts with a high. I can't count the times when playing against good players, who actually know the MU and take their time in the lab with her, low profiled/punished/poked the shit out of me when I was going for 112 after jp1/crossups etc. Thats how they force you to go for the mid strings (which all of them are negative on block) so that you dont end up doing her only plus string. There are so many ways to deal with her, interupt her "pressure" yall just have to take your lazzy asses to the lab and level the f up. Or if you dont - then shut the f up.
It's actually +2. Frame is off by 1.

Sorry guys for the double-triple posts :(

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Not picking on you, but honestly, as much as I've seen you complain about Supergirl, I really & truly believe that you just hate her in general for lore. Because I've seen you complain about her teleport at times & I really & truly don't believe that you believe what you say. You would have to give me a legitimate reason as to why you feel that way. Because I'm honestly not convinced at all lol. So maybe you can help me understand your point of view more. I'm not trying to insult you at all. I'm just trying to figure out what is your issue with her lol.

I DO believe that because her movelist is relatively small & easy to use, she's a hard character to balance, but I think she's fine the way that she is. She doesn't need anymore buffs nor does she need nerfs.
There is so much wrong with this post I wouldn't where to start, just read my replies anywhere in these forums and you should find out why.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main

Don't waste your precious life time.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
im glad they made supergirl a bit safer on her main string and gave her a slight damage buff.

gotta start backdashing out of the last hit of her +4 string.

im thinking of using her actually. I'm glad more people are using her, because she's getting easier to fight.
What +4 string?

D

Deleted member 35141

This matchup was always bad for me no matter how good or bad the person I faced was. I couldnt react to even the slowest stuff.
Thanks to all you supergirl players i stopped playing on my huge tv started playing on a small gaming monitor. Now my reactions are way better and kind of feel like a idiot for not thinking of it sooner

JDE

Don't waste your precious life time.
I'm not. He missed my point, but IDC to reiterate nor keep posting about it. Not the type of person who keeps posting to people in forums constantly. Waste of time doing that in general. Got better things to do than keep trying to reason with people who don't care about listening lol. He already made up his mind to disagree. So I'm just going to agree with him to disagree.

Last edited:

Pygmy_Potato

BF4+FF+BLK
I don't think the meta is fleshed out enough post-patch to have a definitive list. She didn't see a lot of high level play pre-patch so I believe top players are still evolving their gameplan as and against her.

She's pretty well-rounded so it's not as obvious as picking out a character archetype (like struggles vs zoning) and investigating outward from there.

Imo candidates would be having a 6f normal, good air control, and a wakeup that can counter her preferred oki setups.

But this place sadly doesn't seem like a productive place to discuss and figure these sort of things out.

This thread looks cluttered with off topic personal squabbles, salty cries for nerfs, mains then feeling the need to defend her, jokes about the SG community being bad, bits of misinformation, etc.

I read all three pages and no one named a DEFINITIVE bad match up for Supergirl. Just a lot of maybe.

Who definitively 6-4s and 7-3s her?

Last edited: