What's new

Who is Supergirl's worst match-up?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I don't think the meta is fleshed out enough post-patch to have a definitive list. She didn't see a lot of high level play pre-patch so I believe top players are still evolving their gameplan as and against her.

She's pretty well-rounded so it's not as obvious as picking out a character archetype (like struggles vs against zoning) and investigating outward from there.

Imo candidates would be having a 6f normal, good air control, and a wakeup that can counter her preferred oki setups.

But this place sadly doesn't seem like a productive place to discuss and figure these sort of things out.

This thread looks cluttered with off topic personal squabbles, salty cries for nerfs, mains then feeling the need to defend her, jokes about the SG community being bad, bits of misinformation, etc.

"The meta isn't fleshed out."

That's just short hand for she probably doesn't have one.

Or should we ask Dr.Fate players how he does vs Deadshot? Do you think the "meta" is fleshed out for them?

Pygmy_Potato

BF4+FF+BLK
"The meta isn't fleshed out."

That's just short hand for she probably doesn't have one.

Or should we ask Dr.Fate players how he does vs Deadshot? Do you think the "meta" is fleshed out for them?
Dang. I got called out.

But nah, Fate v. Deadshot is a MU example that I would consider easy to recognize on paper. Fate usually enjoys a strong zoning keepaway gameplan that Deadshot's zoning tools nullify.

I'll state for the record that I doubt Supergirl has a 3-7. But likewise, I doubt she hard counters many characters bc she's flexible but not overtly dominant in any specific gameplay style.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Oh, that's +3, but @JDE says it's +2.. Either way, guarantees her D1 will beat your D1.
Yeah @Invincible Salads explained the gist of it. It always could be backdashed though. Like if you try some things around the 3 frames by delaying the 3rd, then they'll be able to block in time. +2 is still nice though hahaha

Edit: Getting on topic, (& I apologize if it seemed like I was derailing it earlier) I haven't played a legit Aquaman a lot to really know whether or not she loses. It doesn't feel like she really does. Feels even tbh but I'm trying to hold off & play more before I actually give an opinion. I thought that Arrow was annoying for her at 1st, but you just have to be a bit patient.

Last edited: