What's new

Who is Supergirl's worst match-up?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
But I don't get how if you are meant to play WW reservedly yet she doesn't even have a way to frickin approach in that match. Those insta lasers bop you right out on reaction and do a ton of chip.
Wut

WW actually does fine in that MU -- she just walks in and throws stuff like any normal character. Nobody is hitting you on reaction unless your movement is extremely predictable. Those are reads.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Nah fuck that, Fantasy Strike will be in early access on Steam shortly.

Don't you worry though, I'll do my best to keep on annoying your community on TYM whenever possible.
How did you connect my my previous post to your colorful persona? I see no connection there but nvm. I'd have to give a shit about you or your posts to be annoyed by them and I really don't. Keep trying though since you must have nothing better to do, lol.

The only people that seriously believe Supergirl got overbuffed are people that were losing to her pre-patch anyway. Nothing about the way she is played has changed, just now you are rewarded properly for getting a hit and not punished for having the audacity to use any part of your main footsies string on block. All the shit you are getting hit by now you still got hit by before.
This was probably the dumbest post ive read in awhile.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
This was probably the dumbest post ive read in awhile.
Her toolset is ridiculous, b123 all day, trait mb does mb pre patch trident rush chip without the mb requirement, air dash, trait lasers(fastest projectile in game, and [unlike Black Adam] an invincible unsafe wakeup to improve your oki situation.You get screwed anytime you try to apply pressure if she yolo-ports, fantastic d1/2 and breath shenanigans cuz why not.
Her only downset is the fact that
A) Her wakeup is unsafe and lacks range
B)Her mixups don't go batshit crazy until she gets the knockdown

And after that, her only lacking points are mediocre backdash and an abusably dumb fast projectile(trait kinda is but you have to manage it carefully or you'll run out)
Coupled with the fact that she has noob-slayer cross-ups with ex-tele; seems like almost every single damn player I run across has a Supergirl [counter]pick somewhere in their arse and it gets lame af fast.

Her rock-solid neutral buttons puts most of the cast at equal footing or at an uphill battle favoring SG.

WTF LORD PAOLO

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I think the worst matchup would have to be someone like Starfire or Harley ****this is just in my experience no one roast me pls

The only people that seriously believe Supergirl got overbuffed are people that were losing to her pre-patch anyway. Nothing about the way she is played has changed, just now you are rewarded properly for getting a hit and not punished for having the audacity to use any part of your main footsies string on block. All the shit you are getting hit by now you still got hit by before.
people were getting beat to begin with because she was good to begin with, but both sg and flash mains have mastered the art of downplaying and nrs buffed two top tiers

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
At least i'm seeing less and less Supergirl downplay once their community started to realize oh damn I guess everyone was right.
Everyone was right about what? You do realize she really was one of the worst characters in the game before her buffs right? She just had a bunch of tools but essentially was high risk, low reward. She's in a good spot now so there's no need for reiteration.

x TeeJay o

Seriously most of y'all are just trash real talk. I swear to god so much whining about a character that's not even close to being OP,broken, or too strong. B123 all day? Really? It's-4 Jesus Christ it's not +4. Her turn is over. If she does d1 afterwards challenge her with your own d1. I'm 100% certain it will beat her attempt. Do a mid, it low profiles a lot of things sure, but that's after she does breath or ex breath which pushes her out a a certain range. It's not going to low profile a mid directly in your fucking face. Can't react to the teleport? Buy some Astros or Turtle beaches, wait for the swoosh sound, block it. You're welcome. Stop crying over shit you literally can lab yourselves man. I get d2'd out of my air dash lots of times by good players and top players when I play them and they use fucking Batman and his sad excuse for a d2. God y'all are annoying.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
NRS cant help themselves they always have to have one extremely annoying absolutely broken character that bodies most of the cast has no bad match ups and has every fucking tool in the game plus more and on top of that a broken hitbox like milena and now supergirl they never learn.

x TeeJay o

NRS cant help themselves they always have to have one extremely annoying absolutely broken character that bodies most of the cast has no bad match ups and has every fucking tool in the game plus more and on top of that a broken hitbox like milena and now supergirl they never learn.
Except

A. She doesn't body most of the cast
B. She doesn't have a broke hitbox tf are u talking about. Every female has a weird hitbox and so do some of the males in this game
C. She's not broken. Broken= Alien,CEO Tanya,Batgirl,Martian Man Hunter. She doesn't scratch the surface of any of those. Annoying sure, doesn't mean she's broken.
D. Level up

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Except

B. She doesn't have a broke hitbox tf are u talking about. Every female has a weird hitbox and so do some of the males in this game
C. She's not broken. Broken= Alien,CEO Tanya,Batgirl,Martian Man Hunter. She doesn't scratch the surface of any of those. Annoying sure, doesn't mean she's broken.
D. Level up

Lm
Except

D. Level up

Lmao if you cant see how ridiculous this character is having every tool in the game and no losing match ups im done this conversation is over

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
I think my biggest gripe with this character is the fact that she apparently only has one true counterpick now. Hell... even Adam, Deadshot, Batman, and Catwoman, all of which I have seen brought up in #1 discussions, have 2-3 counterpicks minimum.

Ive read this thread and the MU Discussion thread and if you guys are for real and she only has 1 bad MU (which might not even be too bad to deal with anymore due to how nerfed Aqua is now) then she is the best character in the game free imo.

Tweedy

Noob
Seriously most of y'all are just trash real talk. I swear to god so much whining about a character that's not even close to being OP,broken, or too strong. B123 all day? Really? It's-4 Jesus Christ it's not +4. Her turn is over. If she does d1 afterwards challenge her with your own d1. I'm 100% certain it will beat her attempt. Do a mid, it low profiles a lot of things sure, but that's after she does breath or ex breath which pushes her out a a certain range. It's not going to low profile a mid directly in your fucking face. Can't react to the teleport? Buy some Astros or Turtle beaches, wait for the swoosh sound, block it. You're welcome. Stop crying over shit you literally can lab yourselves man. I get d2'd out of my air dash lots of times by good players and top players when I play them and they use fucking Batman and his sad excuse for a d2. God y'all are annoying.
Batman has one of the best d2s imo. Him, Adam, Supergirl, Robin.