What's new

Who is Supergirl's worst match-up?

myri

Time Warrior
The only people that seriously believe Supergirl got overbuffed are people that were losing to her pre-patch anyway. Nothing about the way she is played has changed, just now you are rewarded properly for getting a hit and not punished for having the audacity to use any part of your main footsies string on block. All the shit you are getting hit by now you still got hit by before.

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
The only people that seriously believe Supergirl got overbuffed are people that were losing to her pre-patch anyway. Nothing about they way she is played has changed, just now you are rewarded properly for getting a hit and not punished for having the audacity to use any part of your main footsies string on block. All the shit you are getting hit by now you still got hit by before.
The Supergirl community is a mistake.

Da Tac0

GT: C88 Taco
You gotta play smart no mater who you pick. Shit sometimes people counter pick my Fate with SG and I take a big ol poo on em. Other times I get blown up because the other player just yolos. That's the worst part is playing someone in ranked playing yolo as fuck with her for me at least. I gotta run sets with them to get proper reads. You gotta recongonize her pressure and utilize delayed wake ups in the corner. Also realize most of her pressure on block is fake.

Stanlos

Noob
Who even beats Supergirl?Every single person I run into online seems to have Supergirl for their mains or secondary; it's getting obnoxious.
I think NRS is obnoxious in the way they designed that. It feels like she can do literally WTF she wants. And I am not coming from a lore perspective in my objection here as the WoWo boards have beaten it into me that the source material for the DC license does not really matter--the important thing is this is an NRS game and all that comes with it. Which I accept.

But I don't get how if you are meant to play WW reservedly yet she doesn't even have a way to frickin approach in that match. Those insta lasers bop you right out on reaction and do a ton of chip.

I am just about at the point of just switching to Netflix when she is selected because it feels like a joke.

Stanlos

Noob
I was told wonderwoman
Lore-wise, absolutely. That's demonstrated in Supergirl's own books.

But I don't see that being so in the game. I am a total newb and not even remotely an expert or even average player (and my sis is only marginally better and even less patient), but if we assume equal skill level and that they know how to play wtf can NRS WW kit really do?

I am beyond frustrated with this matchup at this point.

And why doesn't WW have her powers in this game/??????????

I've been wondering this since early days..
she just doesn't seem to have a solid counter.
And to vs her as brainiac is a lesson is futility..

doomfarmer

unorthodox
At least i'm seeing less and less Supergirl downplay once their community started to realize oh damn I guess everyone was right.

Shit, now that Aquaman was normalized, she's the new go-to pocket character that everyone uses.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Lore-wise, absolutely. That's demonstrated in Supergirl's own books.

But I don't see that being so in the game. I am a total newb and not even remotely an expert or even average player (and my sis is only marginally better and even less patient), but if we assume equal skill level and that they know how to play wtf can NRS WW kit really do?

I am beyond frustrated with this matchup at this point.

And why doesn't WW have her powers in this game/??????????

You're a dick for this lol

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
She is extremely versatile and its possible that she has no loosing MU's. Lots of people will have her as pocket character after the recent patch. You should probably learn the MU and practice blocking the 30+ f teleport scrubz. :DOGE

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
She is extremely verticale and its possible that she has no loosing MU's. Lots of people will have her as pocket character after the recent patch. You should probably learn the MU and practice blocking the 30+ f teleport scrubz. :DOGE
Nah fuck that, Fantasy Strike will be in early access on Steam shortly.

Don't you worry though, I'll do my best to keep on annoying your community on TYM whenever possible.